• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Speaking of Jason Dohring, apparently he'll be reading the City of Heavenly Fire audiobook alongside Sophie Turner (from Game of Thrones), which I think is cool. Sophie Turner and Jason Dohring to narrate the ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ audio book | TMI Source

Any sort of voice over work for him would be a great way for him to practice, I think, as I do like Dohring and thought he did a good job as Terra. He just needs a bit more experience under his belt, is all.

But do you think this will effect anything? I can't imagine it would take that long to record for an audio book, right? Certainly nothing that should keep him from voicing Terra in KHIII.

Though if he has to record anything for II.5 (which I don't think he'll have to, as there weren't really any new scenes in that game), that could be a problem, maybe.

It doesn't take more than three weeks max to record an audio book, and recording sessions between different things can easily be stacked. Night or day, they happen whenever they can get them.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I'm not knocking Richard Epcar, but does anyone think that Clancy Brown would've been a good replacement for Billy Zane as Ansem SOD? For reference, Clancy is known for voicing Mr. Krabs on SpongeBob, Lex Luthor in the DCAU, Long Feng and Yakone in the Avatar/Korra series, Savage Oppress in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Cortex in Crash Bandicoot, Silas/Cylas in Transformers: Prime, etc etc.

Clancy's voice is just a bit grittier and deeper than Billy's, but to me his "polite schemer" voice, like he uses for Silas and Long Feng, sounds similar to Billy Zane's Ansem. I think he could've been a worthy replacement, but Richard Epcar has really stepped up into the role over the past decade.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

For Re:coded

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

so they're making new story cinematics of gameplay sequences for this

since the trailer already said Re:coded was just story cinematics

that's the only reason he'd be recording for 2.5

Awards

The reason I mentioned traveling was because I thought I heard that Disney wanted to have all of their voice work done somewhere in Los Angeles. Of course, I could be wrong and if it turns out I'm not, they may have changed the policy over the years. At the very least, I can only hope that they can make accommodations for John Hurt if he can reprise his role for The Black Cauldron.

Also, while were at it, can we please have Christopher Lee voice Ansem the Wise at least one more time? If he's only going to reprise his role once more, it might as well be in a main title like III.
John Hurt did travel to the UK to film 2 Doctor Who episodes so its possible. Speaking of that I think Jenna Coleman could voice a kingdom hearts character for a future game.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

John Hurt did travel to the UK to film 2 Doctor Who episodes so its possible. Speaking of that I think Jenna Coleman could voice a kingdom hearts character for a future game.

Wait John Hurt lives outside the UK? If he's in America them it's easier to get him to voice the horned king if needed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's great he's been kind enough to come back for KH, KHII, BBS and Re:coded.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

It's great he's been kind enough to come back for KH, KHII, BBS and Re:coded.

Wait, Did he confirm that he's coming back for re:coded? I'm not doubting but I haven't heard the news.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

He's always voiced Hades since 1997. Given that he did Birth by Sleep, it's clear he'll do Re:coded

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

He's always voiced Hades since 1997. Given that he did Birth by Sleep, it's clear he'll do Re:coded

Before DDD came out, I told a friend: "James Woods can always count on a regular paycheck, so long as there is Kingdom Hearts."

But rokudamia is right, there hasn't been any, as far as I know, official confirmation of the possibility.

sonickenshin

Awards

You can always count on him coming back for Hades. He loves playing the character.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Who with which character.

Bobizzle

Speaking of voice actors:

[UPDATE] Kingdom Hearts III English localization may have begun, voice actor tweets involvement -- PlayStation Universe

Gilbert Gottfried tweeted a pic in the studio, so perhaps he's been recording lines for Lago the parrot from Aladdin.

If this is true then the game is clearly more ahead in progress then we all think. I always read that voice recordings were one of if not the last process in the development process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Speaking of voice actors:

[UPDATE] Kingdom Hearts III English localization may have begun, voice actor tweets involvement -- PlayStation Universe

Gilbert Gottfried tweeted a pic in the studio, so perhaps he's been recording lines for Lago the parrot from Aladdin.

If this is true then the game is clearly more ahead in progress then we all think. I always read that voice recordings were one of if not the last process in the development process.
Gilbert Gottfried Recording for Kingdom Hearts! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

It's for Re:coded. Looks like the people you linked were link-baiting.

Back