• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I think Phil LaMarr is Quasi.

Why am I cracking up at this. I think of Phil LaMarr as Vamp and Static and John Stewart and Hermes and Aquaman and Ramza...but...xD He has to be the #2 or 3 most versatile voice actor in the industry. Man I love him xD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

fuck yeah Ramza <3

he may not be in the series as a character but i'll settle for his VA

WhinyAcademic

Awards

Corey Burton in particular is better than I thought he was going to be as Frollo. He's doing a lot of justice to Tony Jay; his voice is a little deeper than Jay's, but Corey is replicating the sort of fancy, distinguished tone Jay had. And I won't be surprised if Christopher Lee never reprises his role as AtW again; I've almost completely assimilated to Corey's voice for him - I started reading the translations of AtW's speech in this game in Corey's AtW voice.

And I can't hear any real difference between the Hunchback voices and their film counterparts (as well as the Grid), so Square did a damn good job with this game. Ben Diskin sounds fantastic as YMX, and Richard Epcar has really improved since KH2 all those years ago, as has Bret Iwan as Mickey.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed no one really reprised their roles this time around, but at least they got people who were good enough to fool us into thinking it's the original actors :p So I am okay with this haha.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Sexy guys with sexy voices~

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

No wonder they all avoided my tweets 8D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

How about both?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They were too ashamed to respond
Imagine if I got a tweet back "My agent said no before asking me. I love the series and I regret not reprising my character."

That would have broken my heart.

sonickenshin

Awards

So, yeah, overall, the voice acting is fairly good. The stand-in Disney VAs do great, and Bret Iwan's improved some, so did Richard Epcar as Ansem the Wise. Corey Burton's Yen Sid went back to where it was in KH2, and he does a pretty good Frollo. Diskin and Gallagher were all great as well. The weakest link is probably Haley Joel Osment. He keeps trying to sound like a kid, and lot of his lines fall flat, even though he knows where to take these lines.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So, yeah, overall, the voice acting is fairly good. The stand-in Disney VAs do great, and Bret Iwan's improved some, so did Richard Epcar as Ansem the Wise. Corey Burton's Yen Sid went back to where it was in KH2, and he does a pretty good Frollo. Diskin and Gallagher were all great as well. The weakest link is probably Haley Joel Osment. He keeps trying to sound like a kid, and lot of his lines fall flat, even though he knows where to take these lines.

Let's make HJO a villain. I think he really enjoyed being Vanitas and it shined through in BBS. I'd also put some blame of the voice directors.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

After listening to more Cite des Cloches cutscenes on YouTube, I can say with 99% certainty that Phil LaMarr is Phoebus (for you Avatar fans, think of Earth King Kuei's voice, and then listen to Phoebus' voice in 3D).

I noticed that with HJO as well. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Sora is in his "young form" for the majority of the game - like they can't stop using it.

Anyone have any opinion on Leonard Nimoy's performance?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

After listening to more Cite des Cloches cutscenes on YouTube, I can say with 99% certainty that Phil LaMarr is Phoebus (for you Avatar fans, think of Earth King Kuei's voice, and then listen to Phoebus' voice in 3D).

Well I haven't really stopped to listen to Phoebus but I can imagine that would be perfect! I forgot he was Kuei xD

I noticed that with HJO as well. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Sora is in his "young form" for the majority of the game - like they can't stop using it.

They definitely need to just tell him "Be natural" because I'm sure it'd be a load off his shoulders.

Anyone have any opinion on Leonard Nimoy's performance?

Perfect!

Back