• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Mysterious Figure Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Only the Xemnas fight has been confirmed to be canon, nothing ever confirmed the LS fight to be.

The fights would be as effective as "what-if" scenarios; Even though they would never happen, we would still gain some knowledge from the battle/s.

Like I said, the battle/s being uncanon wouldn't necessarily mean that MF also isn't. It's also pretty much how I feel about the No Heart battle.

I'm sure MF is canon, even if the battle isn't.

Also, I think that No Heart and Armor of the Master aren't canon fights, but their armor will probably be used in later games. Heck, MX's armor has already been used by Xemnas.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
What were Nomura's words exactly concerning the fight. Last time I heard it was that it didn't make sense for MF to be there but he's actually there. I'm a little fuzzy on the details.
Yeah I remember him saying that as well personally I think Aqua was the only one to meet MF.

UltimaJackpot

What were Nomura's words exactly concerning the fight. Last time I heard it was that it didn't make sense for MF to be there but he's actually there. I'm a little fuzzy on the details.
IIRC, the "it doesn't make sense for him to be there but he actually is" bit came from an incredibly iffy initial Dengeki interview translation from around this time last year. When a clearer translation came about, all that he said was that "like LS, it's not something he can reveal at this time."

He's pretty much rephrased that in every interview that's brought up MF ever since.

manmark

Awards
MF theory

I was cheking my bbs game today and idecided to take a look at the mf figure and when i checked how he looks i realised you could see his shoes/boots fully from an angle.They have almost the same design with MX only that the front piece is slightly taller.Tell me what do you think.Could there be a relation?

blueheart

Bronze Member
I really have no idea why Nomura decided to make MF canon to the story. Couldn't he have just been an unexplained boss and left alone? Like Kurt Zisa and The Phantom. Nomura is going to come up with some excuse that will make the story more complicated than it already is. Hopefully the excuse won't be something as ridiculous as time travel.

I'll just rage if he ends up being another Xehanort.

Last edited:

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
ive also noticed something else...
the markings on his weapons are similar to those on the walls of the LoD Castle (go to 1:58)
[video=youtube;F8zSDZ55w5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8zSDZ55w5g&feature=channel_video_title[/video]
you can also see the comparison here
http://loveseasalticecream.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=132584244

does anyone think this has anything to do with it?

Endless Strategy

Alright, with all of this speculation going on, I have decided to make a comprehensive list of every original kingdom hearts character (honestly, there’s no way the Mysterious figure is going to turn out to be a Disney character), and weigh the possibilities of any of them being the Mysterious Figure. Also, I will not include the possibility of time travel in my theories, because if that turns out to be true, then kingdom hearts has crossed the line from convoluted to ridiculously convoluted.

Hayner, Pence, Olette, Sora, Sora’s Heartless, Riku, Riku Replica, namine, xion, kairi, all of organization 13, Lea, Isa Ienzo, All data characters, Xehanort’s Heartless, Terra-Xehanort, Apprentice Xehanort- It is pretty obvious why none of these characters can be the mysterious figure: all of them either didn’t exist at the time or were at a very young age, meaning they don’t have either the build of the MF, or the means to travel to other worlds.

Terra, Aqua, Ven: Once again, very obvious. All three of these characters fought the MF, and have vastly different builds and fighting styles.

Master Xehanort, Master Eraqus, and Vanitus: All three of these characters are single-keyblade wielders, and therefore are unlikely to use duel wielding light-blades. Vanitus is too short, and it would make no sense to have his appear as both the Vanitus Sentiment and the Mysterious Figure. Eraqus and Xehanort also appear as no heart and armor of the master, I doubt either would appear as two different extra bosses. The mysterious figure has a fighting style different from all three, and besides Vanitus it shares no attacks in common.

Dilan, Braig, Auleus, Even: At the time of birth by sleep the doors between worlds weren’t open. Other than Braig, none of these four could access the lanes between, and Braig has absolutely nothing in common with MF in fighting style or weapons or build.

Ansem the Wise: It is apparent that Ansem is a noncombatant, and makes no mention of Terra, Aqua, or Ven in any of his secret reports.

Kairi’s Grandma: WHAT?

So, there you have it. That rules out pretty much everyone in the world of Kingdom Hearts that we know of. So The mysterious figure is almost certainly someone new. Who exactly is the MF then? I have just one guess.

The only person shown to use weapons similar to the MF is Xemnas. As Xemnas is the Nobody of Xehanort (and perhaps, by extension, Terra), Logic dictates that the MF has something to do with Xehanort. I think MF was the body Xehanort originally wished to inhabit, before settling for Terra. Maybe Xehanort had gone from world to world, collecting memories, or something along those lines, from several people, including Vanitus. Then he could have combined them all together, making the MF. This would explain why MF has the abilities of so many others. The ability to use ethereal blades might have come from Xehanort himself. Xehanort’s reason for doing so was to make him a new, perfect body to use as a new vessel. However, things didn’t go as planned, and the MF escaped him, somehow making its way to the land of Departure where he fought Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.

Well, that’s the best explanation I can come up with. Does anyone see any flaws with my reasoning? Anything I left out? Please, tell me how plausible you think it is.

Unrequited Lust

Your theory is solid but you're irrationally dismissing time travel. You don't want it part of the plot so you're not considering it a possibility.

But it's highly probable that time travel is involved from what little we know. First and foremost, he uses time travel during the fight. Sometimes when you hit him, he will stop time, rewind it, and then heal himself. I think a clock is even shown. Second, the keyblade you get from him, the No Name, has a clock attached to it.

I don't see why else they would tease us with such prominent yet subtle time traveling motifs.

Endless Strategy

Alright, I admit I was reluctant to include time travel in my theory, mainly because it would make things vastly more complicated then just eliminating all impossibilities for that particular point in time. So lets say I roll with this time-travel theory. Who would you say is the mysterious figure?

Unrequited Lust

Alright, I admit I was reluctant to include time travel in my theory, mainly because it would make things vastly more complicated then just eliminating all impossibilities for that particular point in time. So lets say I roll with this time-travel theory. Who would you say is the mysterious figure?

I don't want to sound arrogant because I just stated this a few pages earlier lol, but since you asked:

I think the Mysterious Figure is Master Xehanort's nobody, created when he first stabbed himself with his keyblade and possessed Terra's body. This wouldn't require too much time travel, as the battle at the Keyblade Graveyard happened right after the trio encountered him. The reason he's so similar to Xemnas is because Master Xehanort's nobody would be reasonably similar to Xehanort's nobody.

The main hitch in this theory is that all of the Mysterious Figure's moves are directly copied from someone else, whether that be Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Vanitas, and even Sora. The only ones that aren't are his ethereal blades, although they're remarkably similar to Xemnas's, and his turning invisible. In this case he might be artificial... an assemblage of great keyblade fighters, maybe a project of Ansem or one of Master Xehanort's alternative "roads" that he spoke about and that Yen Sid is aware of.

Oathkeeper01

I think the mysterious figure is Xehanort's nobody or better yet, and early form of Xemnas?? I mean, really. His coat is the same as the Organization XIII uniforms, This guy's weapons are blue, and Xemnas's are Red. He even might be the first nobody. After all. If you guys noticed, taking out the X in the orgy members names and rearranging the letters, you get there somebody. Doing that with Xehanort you get "No Heart". But of course, this is just a rough theory :)

flurryflames

Everythng still points to Xenmas though. He can use powers against others. He even used his nobodies' elements and powers against Sora when he is fighting him in one of the battles in KH2. I think time freeze was also one of them.

Oathkeeper01

Re: MF theory

@manmark
Dude! I think that just helped me fill in all of these blanks! What if, Xehanort is the nobody of a nobody. Think about it, when nobody's die, something must be left over too right? So what if what ever was left by this nobody, took on the form and embodiment of Xehanort. We all pretty much assume that Xemnas was the one who created the Organization , right? Well what if he wasnt. What if, This mysterious figure, was the first nobody, No Heart. When he found HIS nobody, he came up with the name Xehanort. From Xehanort's mind, was all of this information about that coat, those light swords, and adding an X and rearranging letters in a name to create a nobody identity. When Xehanort took over Terra, those thoughts would have been giving to Ternort(Or which ever it's called I forget) thus FURTHER, creating the organization, as Xemnas.
So, in conclusion, what I'm saying is, I believe the Mysterious Figure, is No Heart. The very first nobody.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Me: I think that the Unknown is- Terra: A SPAMMY BASTARD!!! Me: Nevermind....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back