• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Mysterious Figure Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoShock

Did you know that Vanitas Sentiment shows up before Vanitas was killed?

They appear after you beat the final episode, so, technically Mysterious Figure appeared after CO was made.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Did you know that Vanitas Sentiment shows up before Vanitas was killed?

They appear after you beat the final episode, so, technically Mysterious Figure appeared after CO was made.

are you being dumb on purpose? your going on the notion that the fights are canon.

the VR fight isnt unlocked til you beat the game cause story wise he doesnt appear til vanitas is defeated.
the only way VR could be canon is if they count him being in the last episode.

and no you never get to go to CO in bbs, the MF is in the LoD.
hell the very reason you cant fight the MF in final episode is cause LoD isnt there anymore.

Last edited:

Synthest

If they're non-canonical, then why has Nomura stated that MF has ties to Master Xehanort? MX is specifically canonical to BbS.

Last edited:

Synthest

I think that the fights are very canon.

The specific reason that the fights aren't in the Last Chapter is because that limits the fights to just Aqua. Perhaps a person likes to fight with Terra or Ventus more. Or maybe MF has dominant ties to the LoD, instead of CO. <-- For example, Aqua seals away CO, so there would be nowhere for the players to fight MF.

So I would regard these as canonical. Specifically, you can't fight them until after the Last Chapter. If they weren't canonical, the player would probably be able to fight them before it happened, when all three characters' games were finished. There would be no reason for Nomura to hold off until Terranort and Vanitus' last battles if they had no part in the immediate plot.

~~

My theory is that the MF is a Nobody.
Ventus, Vanitus. MX, MF.
Remember the actions Sora took in Kingdom Hearts 1? When he took Riku's Keyblade, positioned it in front of his chest, and unlocked his own Heart? Well, MX did the exact same thing.

When Sora did it, it released a Heartless (the roaming Heart) and a Nobody (the empty body). When MX did it, it could NOT produce a Heartless because the Heart entered Terra's body. But it COULD produce a Nobody. So perhaps MF is MX's Nobody.

In the BBS Final Mix, there will be a secret fight with Samurai Armour. Perhaps what is left of Master Eraqus. So why shouldn't MF be what's left of MX?

(And about the Organization coat, I have no idea. Those won't be around til far in the future. o_O Any ideas?)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ventus, Vanitus. MX, MF.

Vanitas isn't Ven's Nobody. He's the dark half of his heart.

Remember the actions Sora took in Kingdom Hearts 1? When he took Riku's Keyblade, positioned it in front of his chest, and unlocked his own Heart? Well, MX did the exact same thing.

The two Keyblades are different. The Heart Unlocker was created with the hearts of the Princesses of Heart, while Master Xehanort's is just a regular Keyblade.

When Sora did it, it released a Heartless (the roaming Heart) and a Nobody (the empty body). When MX did it, it could NOT produce a Heartless because the Heart entered Terra's body.

And also because he didn't lost his heart to the darkness.

But it COULD produce a Nobody. So perhaps MF is MX's Nobody.

To produce a Nobody, you need to have a strong heart and lose it to the darkness (become a Heartless). Then the body and soul you leave behind will become a Nobody. Since a Heartless wasn't produced, neither was a Nobody.

In the BBS Final Mix, there will be a secret fight with Samurai Armour. Perhaps what is left of Master Eraqus. So why shouldn't MF be what's left of MX?

Except Armored Eraqus is in the Mirage Arena.

(And about the Organization coat, I have no idea. Those won't be around til far in the future. o_O Any ideas?)

Master Xehanort was seen wearing it in the opening cutscene, 4 years before BBS.

mookystank

-------

When Sora did it, it released a Heartless (the roaming Heart) and a Nobody (the empty body). When MX did it, it could NOT produce a Heartless because the Heart entered Terra's body. But it COULD produce a Nobody. So perhaps MF is MX's Nobody.

I totally already posted something similar to this. (I don't mean this as a flame, but as to say that I'm completely on your side.)

If this is a repeat idea, go on and flame away, I'm too lazy to read through 81 pages of a thread.

I think that MF is the Nobody of MX or ME. Here's why:
First, watch this (even though you've all seen it): Sora Unlocks His Heart: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts- Sora Unlocks his Heart
Notice that at 1:04-1:07, Sora's body shatters into light. We now know, after playing the other games, that his body takes the form of Roxas, and his heart became a Shadow Heartless, which Kairi turned back into its true form, thus creating a special Heartless the likes of ASoD.

Now, watch these:
Master Eraqus falls: YouTube - The End Of Master Eraqus HQ
Master Eraqus' body also shatters into light. We know his heart went into Terra's.
Master Xehanort possesses Terra: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep JPN - End Of Master Xehanort Battle and Plot Twist
At 2:23-2:28, Master Xehanort's body shatters into light after he puts his heart into Terra's.

So where did their bodies go?

I don't know, but MF obviously has connection to Org. XIII, who are all nobodies, and it seems plausible to me for ME/MX to have created a Nobody.

Edit: Also, Land of Departure is Castle Oblivion, which is a valid world for a Nobody to be born into, as it is an In-Between world.

The two Keyblades are different. The Heart Unlocker was created with the hearts of the Princesses of Heart, while Master Xehanort's is just a regular Keyblade.

Have we seen anywhere that Keyblades of People's Hearts are the only ones that can unlock hearts? Actually, the fact that Master Xehanort's keyblade can remove his heart from his body and put it into Terra suggests that either a) Heart unlocking/removal isn't a unique trait of Keyblades of People's Hearts, or b) that MX's keyblade IS a Keyblade of People's Hearts, and I have doubts to the latter.

And also because he didn't lost his heart to the darkness. To produce a Nobody, you need to have a strong heart and lose it to the darkness (become a Heartless). Then the body and soul you leave behind will become a Nobody. Since a Heartless wasn't produced, neither was a Nobody.

I've also mentioned before that nowhere does Nomura explicitly say that a Heartless has to be created for a Nobody to be born, he only uses that as an example. The only requirements we are given for the existence of a Nobody is that the heart is no longer resident in the body, and it was strong enough for the body to have a will of its own to continue to live rather than to wither into darkness. When you find me a Nomura quote (with a link to an interview or something, not just one you pulled out of your hat), then I'll retract that opinion.

EDIT: when asking for a quote there at the end, it sounded like I was singling you out, Sign... By "when YOU find me a quote..." I meant anyone who maintains that Heartless are necessary for the existence of Nobodies. I just didn't want to sound so confrontational, after all this is only a friendly debate about a video game, lol.

Last edited:

Wisdom Form

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/File:B_s.gif

My theory for the Mysterious Figure is quite an intricate one which may have been probably posted here before. This theory includes his key element and his weapons which all could giva hint to his true identity.

350px-MysteriousFigure.png

His weapons bear a striking resemblance to Xemnas' Ethereal Blades. In particular some of the 358/2 days weapon customizations look like this. (One I think was called Terminus)
http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/File:B_s.gif
We do not know if he's male or female but he does have a sort of male distinction.

His Unknown body is a copy of Saix's Unknown Version but we do not know if this has an apparent meaning.

Some of its attacks can reduce the players HP to 1.

The unknown can also cast a spell that can rewind time a few seconds, this is a KEY CLUE as it could provide his element if he is a member of the Organisation.

Another strange theory is that this hooded figure is the Real Ansem when he was younger.

His weapons can change size from daggers to swords and it also can release into a form called Fused Form.

MF_Weapon_02.png

The way he fades in and out is as if he is attempting to break into reality so this could be either time travel, referring to his element or it could be Ansem from the Realm of Darkness.

Am I the only person think this will be shit?

Last edited:

Wisdom Form

Interestingly, I found a quote myself from the BBS Ultimania Interview:

-- In "KHI" when Sora stabs the "Keyblade of people's hearts" into himself to release his heart and Kairi's, Sora's Heartless and Nobody were born. When Master Xehanort and Terra:Xehanort stab themselves with the Keyblade, were his and Terra's Nobodies not created?

Nomura: That is not yet clear. However I will say that the fixed sentiment that remained just after Master Xehanort stabbed himself with the Keyblade was not a Heartless.

Well, when Master Xehanort stabs himself Terra's body is preserved with only two minor changes, his eyes and hair. Master Xehanort's body burst into light when he stabbed himself which means his soul also was preserved in Terra's body. So simply put Terra's soul was kicked out of his body and arrived in his armor. That question may have been suited at the time but now it just seems pointless.

Last edited:

mookystank

Well, when Master Xehanort stabs himself Terra's body is preserved with only two minor changes, his eyes and hair. Master Xehanort's body burst into light when he stabbed himself which means his soul also was preserved in Terra's body. So simply put Terra's soul was kicked out of his body and arrived in his armor. That question may have been suited at the time but now it just seems pointless.

I'm pretty sure that by "fixed sentiment" Nomura didn't mean the Lingering Sentiment, IE Terra's armor. He meant what happened to MX and Terranort when they stabbed themselves, not to Terra himself when MX's heart entered his body.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Wow, reading through this thread, certainly gives some theories.

"He is wearing a Black coat, ergo he is a member of Org XIII."
"He is using 'Lightsabers' ergo he is Xemnas."
"He is controling time ergo he is Luxord."
"He fades in and out, ergo he's a ghost?"
"His music has the piano part from 'Lord of the Castle' Ergo he is Marluxia."
"His music (Apparently) has a remix of 'Sora' in it, ergo he is Sora."
"He uses attacks from many different bosses ergo he is KH itself."

Me I believe in the Pluto the all seeing dog theory. :)

PlutoMF.jpg

Last edited:
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Holy. Just beat the cheap bastard as Terra on Proud. So much harder than when I beat hm as Ven, requires a completely different strategy.
Question: Does anyone think the sound effects that he gives off when fighting him, which are similar to the sounds the No Name keyblade makes when swung hold any relevance here to who MF is? Are they sounds that he is making or his weapons?
Also when you consider (and I apologise if this had been brought up which I'm sure it has) that the secret bosses of Final Mix 1 and 2 were future playable characters (Xemnas (Days) and Terra (or LS if you wanted to be picky - BBS)) is it possible that MF is a future playable character also? If not as a main then in some sort of multiplayer or non canon mode?
Nomura's told us that he's someone we wouldn't expect to be in that time, 'it would seem impossible for it to be so' or something to that effect. Theorizing is fun and all but surely from the quote we were given we shouldn't expect MF to be someone we know at this point in time. Maybe someone from a future game, that at first seems like another npc we haven't met yet, that we meet along the course of whichever game they will be in, only it is revealed or hinted during the game that we have actually met them in BBS and we are either given a vague reason or hint as to why they were able to appear in the past, and what there purpose was.

(Yes, a lot of the point of this post was to brag about beating him with Terra)

LoLWuTT

Your Reaction when you defeat Mysterious Figure?

Since I defeated him with Ventus yesterday, right before bed, I tried one last time and the battle lasted for 20-30 minutes past my bed time [ Jokes ].

I was on his last bar for maybe half that time and my Square button has now been destroyed thanks to MF. Anyways, I got hit by him at least 20 times during that last bar and when I needed one more hit, he did that attack when he threw that hook thing at you and got me. I thought I was dead and would've rage quit but luckily, he did that X attack. I healed and Thunder Surged him and won. I clearly remember me screaming out "OH MY GOD, FINALLY ****SAKES."

:D

*Just realised the typo in the title. :(

Soxas

Re: Your Reaction when you defeat Mysterious Figure?

i remember when i was in my car getting some bk and i was in the passenger seat and my mom was ordering food and then i remember using the thunder surge too with ven and when i defeated him i yelled "PUNK B****!" and veryone like jumped out of their seats it was pretty funny and enjoyable.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I still can't beat him with Terra. IDK why, but Terra is very hard to beat him. I realize that his dodge isn't nearly as good as Ven or Aqua, but MF is really hard for me as Terra :(

LoLWuTT

I still can't beat him with Terra. IDK why, but Terra is very hard to beat him. I realize that his dodge isn't nearly as good as Ven or Aqua, but MF is really hard for me as Terra :(
That's because Terra isn't invincible when he dashes.When you Dodge Roll or Cartwheel, you are invincible for a second or so.

I personally don't think it's too hard. I attempted to beat him with Terra and got him to two bars on my first try. I was on Critical too, level 35?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

My reaction to the scene that follows was as such:
91flvl.gif

what an anti-climatic, unrevealing end.

Sempied

*With Terra*

Ahem "Fu** yeah!* (After seeing how powerless No Name is to Chaos Ripper, and Void Gear for Terra) "Damn..."

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

My reaction to the scene that follows was as such:
91flvl.gif

what an anti-climatic, unrevealing end.

Lmao.

When i beat MF for the 1st time with Aqua i jumped up from my chair and started shouting **** YEAH!!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

My dad almost had a heart attack standing next to me...but after that he started shouting with me. :D

LoLWuTT

I'd like to attempt to make a Mysterious Figure Video Guide because I know I've had lots of problems with M.F and would like to share my tricks and tips that I used when I attempted to beat him. Anyways, I'm asking for help and if you would like to contribute, please do so. I will be posting it on Youtube and maybe some other sites but YT is the main priority right now:

What you can contribute:

I need someone to record the battle for me. I can't since .. I have a normal PSP, lulz. I will be so glad if someone can send it to my e-mail in my Signature. If nobody records it, I will ask someone who has recorded on YT if I can use their video.

Any Tips or Tricks that any of you have used would be helpful as well. :)

Any thing else, like the status of M.F would be appreciated.

I've seen many different videos that have only the recording of the battle and the tips in the Description. It really isn't helpful when it's not in the Video, especially when you are watching the video on the I Touch/Phone/Pad. You can't watch the video and read the Description at the same time so that creates problems. Lol.

Anyways, thanks to anyone who contributes and I will thank you in the video/description and if everything goes okay with this video, I will attempt to make other Guides like Vanitas Sentiment and Iron Prisoner 4.

Please use this thread to make life easier :http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/156714-would-any-one-like-contribute-my-mysterious-figure-video-guide.html#post5335147

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back