• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Mysterious Figure Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahm-bulence

There can be three options imo.

The character is canon and the fight is not.

Both are Canon.

The Character is not canon(unlikely).
Personally, I think it's the first option. That or only one of the battles werre canon.

Luxord's time manipulation was BS. No, Luxord's attacks were not used.
Also, Scar... :/

If we count luxord I think we should count Larxene too, they summoned their weapons the same -.-

Fallen Prince

I'll admit the door that I mentioned on page 51 was only for Disney Castle, but they had one. It's plausible that another one was found/made to this point in time...

And I hate that dog....I have no clue where the hell he goes.

Awards
Well, you are the theorist here (though the blood family theory you had was one of the many I didn't agree with), you have anything thought up yet? Because his gameplay and music is all we have to go on considering Nomura or his staff didn't give us a script. And No Name, a lack luster but obviously important name for the obviously important keyblade.

I do have a theory about who he is, but two different explanations in mind as to why he's there. Just mulling over which one makes the most sense. I'll probably post it within a few days.

Well, if something as... well, random, as Jimminy's Journal can have a physical manifestation, then why not Kingdom Hearts? I highly doubt that the Mysterious Figure is, however, since we're only at the tail end of the first saga in a "much larger series."

I'm not saying it can't, rather that it's just unoriginal. It requires hardly any thought. When people theorize about this stuff, I think they naturally have an inclination toward higher beings. For example, wouldn't it be "cool" if X character is a god?

In the KH universe, the highest power is Kingdom Hearts, so people constantly personify it. X is Kingdom Hearts.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
._. Well seeing as his theme is time and space, he probably will have alot to do with the keyblade wars, and Sora's latest adventure. I'm going to take it another step and say he is somewhat a time traveler.

CreativeGenius13

They could have just brought LoD back to being visatble.

I mean, LoD is clearly distroyed in the background of the battle.

The save file thing is also unconvenional.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
KH manifestation OR Artificial KH manifestation.

Alright, so basically these are the reason I believe this guy to be a KH.

-Various borrowed abilities: I don't think this is just sprinkled in, it has to have some meaning, so far he has used the techniques of: Sora, Ven, Marluxia, Xigbar, Vanitas, and Xemnas of course. Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all hearts, so it has acces to everyones hearts. This could explain why he has access to the techniques of many other characters. Though some of the people listed don't have hearts, their heartless' do. Heartless are hearts consumed by darkness but when destroyed their hearts are sent to Kingdom Hearts defeated M under the assumption that their heartless' have been defeated.

-The sky: Look at the sky during the MF battle scene. There is a gaping hole in the sky that forms ripples in the clouds, with a light source in a hole. This strongly resembles the scene with MX sending KH into the sky, forming a hole and ripples in the sky.

-Why attack TAV? - This one might be a little difficult to answer. But, lets rewind. KH has been the main drive for the main villians of Kingdom Hearts, yes? But each time there has been a keyblade wielder to save it. TAV, Sora, Riku, and Mickey. The only thing I can come up with is that it is a test. Testing the people who are chosen to protect the world from the threats of the future. This could explain the reassuring nod he gives Aqua, who is the keyblade master.

-Why I said Artificial - Apprently the KH that Xemnas was after in KH2 was fake? Idk I heard that somewhere but if it is so this could explain MF's similar body type to Xemnas and the cloak. AKH could have possesed the beaten body of Xemnas inside of AKH to do whatever his goal is. I don't think we see Xemnas fade like the other nobodies so this isn't a confirmed death. I know this sounds ridiculous but eh.

- The fading: Before and after you fight MF, he is seen to apprently be fading, as if he is being dragged out. As if he shouldn't be in that time, or even exist. So maybe this is an explanation of his fading.

This really isn't on a theory level like Grass but it is something to think about. Welp do your thing

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
After thinking more on the matter, I looked back at the Kingdom Hearts Incarnate theory again, and I have to say I'm thinking it's actually a good possibility. Like someone stated yesterday, MF gives off a more... neutral feel than the previous plot-secret-bosses; Engimatic Man (Xemnas) gave off that evil feel, while the Lingering Sentiment gave a more lonesome hero feel. But this guy... he's neither good nor bad.

KH manifestation OR Artificial KH manifestation.

Alright, so basically these are the reason I believe this guy to be a KH.

-Various borrowed abilities: I don't think this is just sprinkled in, it has to have some meaning, so far he has used the techniques of: Sora, Ven, Marluxia, Xigbar, Vanitas, and Xemnas of course. Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all hearts, so it has acces to everyones hearts. This could explain why he has access to the techniques of many other characters. Though some of the people listed don't have hearts, their heartless' do. Heartless are hearts consumed by darkness but when destroyed their hearts are sent to Kingdom Hearts defeated M under the assumption that their heartless' have been defeated.

-The sky: Look at the sky during the MF battle scene. There is a gaping hole in the sky that forms ripples in the clouds, with a light source in a hole. This strongly resembles the scene with MX sending KH into the sky, forming a hole and ripples in the sky.

-Why attack TAV? - This one might be a little difficult to answer. But, lets rewind. KH has been the main drive for the main villians of Kingdom Hearts, yes? But each time there has been a keyblade wielder to save it. TAV, Sora, Riku, and Mickey. The only thing I can come up with is that it is a test. Testing the people who are chosen to protect the world from the threats of the future. This could explain the reassuring nod he gives Aqua, who is the keyblade master.

-Why I said Artificial - Apprently the KH that Xemnas was after in KH2 was fake? Idk I heard that somewhere but if it is so this could explain MF's similar body type to Xemnas and the cloak. AKH could have possesed the beaten body of Xemnas inside of AKH to do whatever his goal is. I don't think we see Xemnas fade like the other nobodies so this isn't a confirmed death. I know this sounds ridiculous but eh.

- The fading: Before and after you fight MF, he is seen to apprently be fading, as if he is being dragged out. As if he shouldn't be in that time, or even exist. So maybe this is an explanation of his fading.

This really isn't on a theory level like Grass but it is something to think about. Welp do your thing

:D Good job, bro. I'm impressed and I have to agree with you here. ^_^ *claps*

MemoireXIII

Smiley's Mysterious Figure Tips

Hey guys,some of you might have been watching my stream(smileyx) on justin.tv and i finaly beat MF down :D .I was lvl 51.
so i thought i might share just some tips :)

1. Get good abilities such as "second chance"/"once more"
2. if you want to do decent damage i recommend at least lvl 50 ..or 45<.<
3. Use surges these are the most effective normal attack command ive figured yet.
4. Find his openings..
When he does That Xslash, when he does that tornado cast, after he spawned the beams at you and when he charges for his fire attack.
there are more but i think with these he doesn't use " fake openings"..:/
Also: when he tries to teether you in the air,dodge away and use that to heal or even to shotlock! :eek:
5. Play with ventus: since aquas magic has no effect on him and terra might be too slow ,i think ventus is the best character to fight him with..however. Your oppinion :)
6. Find out some good strategies
Im playing with Ventus and a a good friend of mine told me to use "milkyway icecream" it charges for Ventus "skyclimber finisher" it does great damage :)
with that tactic make sure to lift him up in the air or he will restore guard-.-
Even though it's a little risky^^, i believe when i beat him i just used surges. the safe way ;P
7.some little tips..
When he clones ,make sure to lock off and dodge away!!
when he casts these beams make sure to dodge like..in little circles around him and then go and slash him :D(opening) :p

proof:
img.php
78856_untitled_122_1038lo.JPG

Thats all for now..
Greetings ~

Last edited:

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Re: Smiley's Mysterious Figure Tips

Personally, I thought the tips from this video were better, though not nearly as encouraging.

- After using his doom lock attack (the one with the timer), he is stunned for a small amount of time, allowing for 1, maybe 2 attacks.
- The MF's pendulum grab (goes into the air and grabs you with his weapon), is completely impossible to get out of, and you cannot recover after the attack, leading to death.
- His tornado skill is the move you want him to use, as it's the only move that leaves him wide open.
- His X-Slash seems to only be used on Ven, or a deck filled mostly with attack commands, but I can't be too sure (It seemed like the case with Masablade's stream).
- MF summons his "lasers" after you use a shootlock, and they do not shoot unless you stop dodging (these are different from his normal lasers).
Do NOT use fully targeted shootlocks (filling the lock-on number), as it allows the MF to have more oppurtunities to heal himself with Heal Guard (X_X)
- When attacking the MF, do not mash the X button, because of the possibility of him reversing time. If you do, he'll jump in the air, causing your next attack to miss, and you'll be countered (although sometimes he uses the x slash, which is interruptable, or the tornado.
- His main combo attack cannot be interrupted, I think. Just spam dodge.
- His raging storm attack can be interrupted by projectiles and surge attacks, but he can guard during it, so it's not worth the risk. Dodge, dodge, dodge.
- He clones himself 4 times, seriously. This move WILL kill you if you let it happen. The start-up for the cloning looks like the beginning of the tornado move, so pay attention.
The clones have seperate HP bars from MF (although it appears to be the same amount). This doesn't do anything but intimidate, as the clones dissapear in one hit. Equip zero graviga and set a shortcut to it (use square on a slot in the deck menu) and use it when the clones are summoned. It's large range quickly wipes them out.
- The moves the MF uses all depends on your deck setup, your character, and the moves you use. He's always going to react to an input, and counter it. Aggresiveness is not the way to go.
- Once More and Second Chance are vital to the battle, but it is merely a delay to your death. MF likes to wait to the last frame of the SC and OM before attacking when your'e at 1 HP, and his moves are set up to do that.
- I don't know why SE enabled D-Links for this battle and not for the VS battle, but it's not very helpful (unless for emergency healing, which happens right as you summon a link). MF will counter with vanish, and will continuisly use it until the D-Link runs out, so just use it for healing, and not for those extra abilities.
- Using Aqua's D-Link does nothing. Auto-Life just makes you rage more when you die, since you'll probably die and revive in the middle of a combo, and just die again.
Go watch Masablade's and Cyberman6's streams. Their fighting the MF there as well.

Well, not really.. but I thought they made the boss fight even more epic and tough.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

adude9000

I'm not saying it can't, rather that it's just unoriginal. It requires hardly any thought. When people theorize about this stuff, I think they naturally have an inclination toward higher beings. For example, wouldn't it be "cool" if X character is a god?

In the KH universe, the highest power is Kingdom Hearts, so people constantly personify it. X is Kingdom Hearts.

lol and ill be there to read it because sorry other khinsiders but since ur riku memory one i think u mite have the best theories

P

progaor06

do we ever find out who it is in this game or do we wait for recoded or kh 3ds to find out

Dross263

As long as he's not Xehanort's Unversed (I mean, we fought Xehanort's Heartless in KH1, then we fought Xehanort's Nobody in KH2, I'm not looking forward to fight Xehanort's Unversed in KH3!), I'm fine.

billyzanesucks

We don't find out in BBs, he doesn't even say anything :(
It probably will be revealed in 3D, but we might have to wait till KH3
I don't think it will be revealed in 3D. The identity of secret bosses before were revealed in the next main game, and I'm not sure if 3D is a main game or not.

By the way, I've heard that something concerning MF is going to be in the Re:Coded secret ending. If this is true, can someone please show me the source?

Z

Zulkir

As long as he's not Xehanort's Unversed (I mean, we fought Xehanort's Heartless in KH1, then we fought Xehanort's Nobody in KH2, I'm not looking forward to fight Xehanort's Unversed in KH3!), I'm fine.

There can't be Xehanort's Unversed, Vanitas was the only one known to spew out Unversed.

MemoireXIII

Re: Smiley's Mysterious Figure Tips

Personally, I thought the tips from this video were better, though not nearly as encouraging.

- After using his doom lock attack (the one with the timer), he is stunned for a small amount of time, allowing for 1, maybe 2 attacks.
- The MF's pendulum grab (goes into the air and grabs you with his weapon), is completely impossible to get out of, and you cannot recover after the attack, leading to death.
- His tornado skill is the move you want him to use, as it's the only move that leaves him wide open.
- His X-Slash seems to only be used on Ven, or a deck filled mostly with attack commands, but I can't be too sure (It seemed like the case with Masablade's stream).
- MF summons his "lasers" after you use a shootlock, and they do not shoot unless you stop dodging (these are different from his normal lasers).
Do NOT use fully targeted shootlocks (filling the lock-on number), as it allows the MF to have more oppurtunities to heal himself with Heal Guard (X_X)
- When attacking the MF, do not mash the X button, because of the possibility of him reversing time. If you do, he'll jump in the air, causing your next attack to miss, and you'll be countered (although sometimes he uses the x slash, which is interruptable, or the tornado.
- His main combo attack cannot be interrupted, I think. Just spam dodge.
- His raging storm attack can be interrupted by projectiles and surge attacks, but he can guard during it, so it's not worth the risk. Dodge, dodge, dodge.
- He clones himself 4 times, seriously. This move WILL kill you if you let it happen. The start-up for the cloning looks like the beginning of the tornado move, so pay attention.
The clones have seperate HP bars from MF (although it appears to be the same amount). This doesn't do anything but intimidate, as the clones dissapear in one hit. Equip zero graviga and set a shortcut to it (use square on a slot in the deck menu) and use it when the clones are summoned. It's large range quickly wipes them out.
- The moves the MF uses all depends on your deck setup, your character, and the moves you use. He's always going to react to an input, and counter it. Aggresiveness is not the way to go.
- Once More and Second Chance are vital to the battle, but it is merely a delay to your death. MF likes to wait to the last frame of the SC and OM before attacking when your'e at 1 HP, and his moves are set up to do that.
- I don't know why SE enabled D-Links for this battle and not for the VS battle, but it's not very helpful (unless for emergency healing, which happens right as you summon a link). MF will counter with vanish, and will continuisly use it until the D-Link runs out, so just use it for healing, and not for those extra abilities.
- Using Aqua's D-Link does nothing. Auto-Life just makes you rage more when you die, since you'll probably die and revive in the middle of a combo, and just die again.
Go watch Masablade's and Cyberman6's streams. Their fighting the MF there as well.

Well, not really.. but I thought they made the boss fight even more epic and tough.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I just shared my personal thoughts..

@others ,thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back