• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Mysterious Figure Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
im not saying i disagree with the ones you hear but im more thinking of the undertones and beats in rikus KH2 theme, it just sorta fits to me. Eh who knows, wild speculation being what it is in forums...you know

It's just, I don't really hear Riku's Theme in there at all, and you haven't really pinpointed exact spots of where you think you hear Riku's Theme at all.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I've been listening to MF's battle theme since last night (got the mp3 file) and I'm not picking up on Sora's theme. I definitely hear bits of Fate of the Unknown in there from the part where MX and Terra were battling (well Terra buttwooping really) and Terra got his arm frozen. The organ is reminiscent of Marluxia well, Castle Oblivion's derived themes, and maybe parts of rage awakening but that can just be YS using similar sounds, but I'm not hearnig sora's theme. Can you tell me exactly WHEN you hear Sora's theme in the video you provided VirgilThreat? Because I'm not hearing it. Again I have been listening to it for a while now, and I'm not catching it (i have practically all of KH tracks on my psp except for the disney worlds). And I know what Millenious is talking about too, I can hear Riku's similar theme patterns in there but again could just be similar sounds on YS part.

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com
Holy cow. I can slightly hear Sora's theme in there o_O
starting at about :12 or so. The tune is a bit distorted, and the pacing is a bit different, but I definetely noticed it. (its in the violin part) *shrugs* but who knows.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Lol this is what I hear guys

"It has soras theme in it but its different and has a differnt notes and not played the same way"

I hear NOTHING similar to Soras theme in that.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I've been listening to MF's battle theme since last night (got the mp3 file) and I'm not picking up on Sora's theme. I definitely hear bits of Fate of the Unknown in there from the part where MX and Terra were battling (well Terra buttwooping really) and Terra got his arm frozen. The organ is reminiscent of Marluxia well, Castle Oblivion's derived themes, and maybe parts of rage awakening but that can just be YS using similar sounds, but I'm not hearnig sora's theme. Can you tell me exactly WHEN you hear Sora's theme in the video you provided VirgilThreat? Because I'm not hearing it. Again I have been listening to it for a while now, and I'm not catching it (i have practically all of KH tracks on my psp except for the disney worlds). And I know what Millenious is talking about too, I can hear Riku's similar theme patterns in there but again could just be similar sounds on YS part.

-_- I DID say when. And even what instrument I heard playing Sora's theme.

We also thought we heard Sora's Theme in there somewhere, but could not pinpoint the spot(s). Until now, that is. It's cleverly disguised, I must admit; The violin melody. Listen from 0:09 to 0:31; it's at a similar but nonetheless altered pace and probably different tuning than Sora's Theme usually is. And then right after that, 0:32 to 0:52, the song slows down but it sounds like they're the same notes, only slowed. And then yet again, the melody resurfaces until 1:15.

Here's Sora's Theme (piano version from Piano Collections) to compare and see if you hear any resemblances.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"It has soras theme in it but its different and has a differnt notes and not played the same way"

-listens to Ven's theme- It sounds like Roxas' theme...but it is different and has different notes and isn't even played the same way. Omg it isn't Roxas' theme then.

That is the equivalent of what you said.

Silverslide

-listens to Ven's theme- It sounds like Roxas' theme...but it is different and has different notes and isn't even played the same way. Omg it isn't Roxas' theme then.

Ok then o.o

omg gaiz sora is a gummi ship since his song is played while you are driving in a gummi ship <_<

Silverslide

Well, duh. He's IN the gummi ship.

But he ISN'T the gummi ship. See what i'm getting at? Parts of the song sounding kind of similar isn't a breakthrough. For all we know Yoko could've just been unoriginal; that day.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But he ISN'T the gummi ship. See what i'm getting at? Parts of the song sounding kind of similar isn't a breakthrough. For all we know Yoko could've just been unoriginal; that day.

Or there is a reason why she put every theme in the games existence in one song.

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com

Yoko COULD NOT have been unoriginal while writing this theme. It's amazing, lol.

Or there is a reason why she put every theme in the games existence in one song.

This.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Agreed. -_-
People are just over-looking this far too much.
Sometimes some songs are similar just by coincidence, not by literal design. And again, I don't hear Sora's theme AT ALL. It doesn't sound like any past KH theme, it just sounds brand new.

Do you realize how dumb and far-fetched that just sounded? -_-

That's like saying Yoko's songs were written by a garbage man who was reading bible quotes, then Yoko stole his song, put them in a blender, made them explode and then come up with a song that has nothing to do with the garage man but is somehow related.

ffdgh

hmm maybe i gotta force my self to hear it a bit more, but........i do hear a VERRRRRRRY faint bit of sora in there

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Agreed. -_-
People are just over-looking this far too much.
Sometimes some songs are similar just by coincidence, not by literal design. And again, I don't hear Sora's theme AT ALL. It doesn't sound like any past KH theme, it just sounds brand new.

Do you realize how dumb and far-fetched that just sounded? -_-

That's like saying Yoko's songs were written by a garbage man who was reading bible quotes, then Yoko stole his song, put them in a blender, made them explode and then come up with a song that has nothing to do with the garage man but is somehow related.

Are you even taking the time to break the song up into bits. The song might be a new song, but it definitely has bits of other songs in it. It has nothign to do with the fact Yoko's style is similar because it is proven she can do a new song and not make it sound like anything. This song obviously sounds like a bunch of themes. It matches the way MF attacks. He uses a bunch of attacks other characters use.

You could say that about ANYTHING and it still wouldn't change the fact that the songs sound nothing alike.

No you couldn't. I can't say that about Fate of the Unknown or Rage Awakened. I can say it about this song though.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well let's just agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, kthnx

Silverslide

No you couldn't. I can't say that about Fate of the Unknown or Rage Awakened. I can say it about this song though.

So if there was a mash-up of every KH song, and a cloaked guy was standing there, he would be related to everyone whose theme was playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back