• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Mysterious Figure Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's definitely before the game's final events. It takes place in the Land of Departure which turned into Castle Oblivion before the Final Episode. Plus, Terra and Ventus fight him, and they were incapacitated by the Final Episode anyway. Going back to that save file has been described by one member as "going back in time" which follows with the "time travel" theme. The Unknown uses time travel during the battle (sometimes when you hit him, he'll pause time, rewind it, and then heal himself) and the keyblade you get from him (No Name) has a clock on it. The fight is definitely canon. I don't know why they would just randomly insert an enigmatic secret boss in there and then it turns out they were just screwing with us.

It makes no sense at all for any of TAV to have fought MF; This is mostly taking into account how we're dealing with post-destruction LoD. Terra left immediately following its destruction, it makes no sense for him to return back, nor would Ven go somewhere other than where Vanitas said he would kill Terra and Aqua. Judging by Aqua's surprised look, the only time she ever visited LoD is the same time she turned it into CO.

The Kingdom Hearts wiki cites a Nomura interview where he confirms it's canon, although it's in Japanese.
He never confirmed it to be canon, he said that it currently makes no sense for him to be there at that time.

Unrequited Lust

It makes no sense at all for any of TAV to have fought MF; This is mostly taking into account how we're dealing with post-destruction LoD. Terra left immediately following its destruction, it makes no sense for him to return back, nor would Ven go somewhere other than where Vanitas said he would kill Terra and Aqua. Judging by Aqua's surprised look, the only time she ever visited LoD is the same time she turned it into CO.

He never confirmed it to be canon, he said that it currently makes no sense for him to be there at that time.

lol are you really suggesting that the developers put it in there just cuz? He'll never show up again and all our theorizing is meaningless? When the hell has any developer ever done that?

Last edited:

UltimaJackpot

I suppose a case could be made for Ventus stopping off there before the Keyblade Graveyard. After all, the last thing he saw there was Terra and Master Eraqus about to go at it, so it'd only be natural for him to go back to see the result of what transpired.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I honestly think he's another replica. It's probably the best explanation for why he has so many different moves copied from everyone (Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Vanitas, etc.)

I think the difference is that unlike Xion, this replica is made from more than one person's memory.

If anyone's gonna be a bigger influence on him though, it'll probably be Eraqus.

Ansem SOD was more influenced by MX, and Xemnas had more of Terra in him, so it's only fair game for Eraqus to come into this.

Nayru's Love

Awards
lol are you really suggesting that the developers put it in there just cuz? He'll never show up again and all our theorizing is meaningless? When the hell has any developer ever done that?
Not quite what I said. He most certainly will play a role in the future of the series, the developers probably just included him as a boss because they wanted to establish that he existed at that particular point in the series.

I suppose a case could be made for Ventus stopping off there before the Keyblade Graveyard. After all, the last thing he saw there was Terra and Master Eraqus about to go at it, so it'd only be natural for him to go back to see the result of what transpired.
His main goal was to follow and save Terra, to which he knew where he'd be. He'd also probably want to avoid Eraqus for obvious reasons.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Don't you have to defeat him to get 100% in your story progress? Because when I look in the Archives, it says 98% when I haven't beaten him. I got sooooo close today! Then he summoned 2 orb lasers at once and lagged the bonk out of my game. -.-

Unrequited Lust

Not quite what I said. He most certainly will play a role in the future of the series, the developers probably just included him as a boss because they wanted to establish that he existed at that particular point in the series.

Didn't you say that Nomura said "he shouldn't have been there at that time"? That REALLY fits into the time travel theory.

Don't you have to defeat him to get 100% in your story progress? Because when I look in the Archives, it says 98% when I haven't beaten him. I got sooooo close today! Then he summoned 2 orb lasers at once and lagged the bonk out of my game. -.-

You gotta beat him with each character to get 100%. Good luck with Terra lol

Also, I really like that "replica" theory.

Unrequited Lust

Regardless, there's no plausible way to fit him into the timeline without introducing plot holes.

I don't see a plot hole. Maybe some suspension of disbelief, but no plot holes.

Why did Sora go back to Hollow Bastion to fight Xemnas?

Why did Sora go back to Disney Castle to fight the Lingering Sentiment?

Nayru's Love

Awards
Why did Sora go back to Hollow Bastion to fight Xemnas?
Because the Disney princesses told him there was a strong presence around that area. It's not like he truly was wandering around aimlessly as he met Xemnas.

Why did Sora go back to Disney Castle to fight the Lingering Sentiment?
IIRC, the fight was never confirmed to be canon, just unimportant.

and Sora has time to dick around, whereas TAV was always worrying about each other being in danger.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Because the Disney princesses told him there was a strong presence around that area. It's not like he truly was wandering around aimlessly as he met Xemnas.

So... the Princess's are the ones who bonked everything up? :p Jk, but yah that's why.

Unrequited Lust

So... the Princess's are the ones who bonked everything up? :p Jk, but yah that's why.

They told Sora that when he got there. But why'd he go there?

Sora was in a rush to go End of the World. Terra, Aqua, and Ventus were in a rush to go to the Keyblade Graveyard. Both events are still canon.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Sora was in a rush to go End of the World. Terra, Aqua, and Ventus were in a rush to go to the Keyblade Graveyard. Both events are still canon.

Difference being that the Xemnas fight is canon because there's other clearly canon material that proves it to have happened. The MF fights have nothing, as well as seemingly make zero sense. Sora didn't seem like he was in as bad of a rush. My two cents, anyways.

On top of that, I would have also expected to see MF in the BBS timeline.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
What were Nomura's words exactly concerning the fight. Last time I heard it was that it didn't make sense for MF to be there but he's actually there. I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

Unrequited Lust

Difference being that the Xemnas fight is canon because there's other clearly canon material that proves it to have happened. The MF fights have nothing, as well as seemingly make zero sense. Sora didn't seem like he was in as bad of a rush. My two cents, anyways.

On top of that, I would have also expected to see MF in the BBS timeline.

Okay, well after Kingdom Hearts Final Mix came out did you think that that may not be canon? Every time they've included a mysterious fight it turns out to be canon. From a technical standpoint, okay, I guess we don't have anything else that confirms it's canon, but from a logical point of view, it is undoubtedly canon.

Please answer this: What reason would the developers have to include this fight, something that fans would surely theorize over, if it weren't canon?

i seriously think it is a person that we don't know of yet. i think of this like the khfm secret boss where we didn't know of him until future titles

Probably a new character, sure, (sorry Ansem the Wise proponents), but probably in some way related to the characters already. In the first one, Xemnas was the other half of (at that time) Ansem. Ansem the heartless and Xemnas the nobody. In the second one, we had the Lingering Sentiment. Now I'm not going to go into how it was related because of how convoluted it is, but the point is, all of these characters weren't entirely "original" like say Hayner, Pence, Olette, or even Ansem the Wise.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

if you havent already, you can try removing unecessary abilities and movemement commands, that makes the battle a little easier. i also noticed he used his collision magnet move less. when i beat him, he didnt even use that orb move

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Probably a new character, sure, (sorry Ansem the Wise proponents), but probably in some way related to the characters already. In the first one, Xemnas was the other half of (at that time) Ansem. Ansem the heartless and Xemnas the nobody. In the second one, we had the Lingering Sentiment. Now I'm not going to go into how it was related because of how convoluted it is, but the point is, all of these characters weren't entirely "original" like say Hayner, Pence, Olette, or even Ansem the Wise.

i agree with you on the new character thing, especially since theres so many clues that lead to the number 13, i think it may have something to do with the orginization (if you havent read my theory a few pages back)

here is the evidence: http://loveseasalticecream.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=131452114

i dont really think this is the case, but its an interesting theory

Nayru's Love

Awards
Okay, well after Kingdom Hearts Final Mix came out did you think that that may not be canon? Every time they've included a mysterious fight it turns out to be canon. From a technical standpoint, okay, I guess we don't have anything else that confirms it's canon, but from a logical point of view, it is undoubtedly canon.

Only the Xemnas fight has been confirmed to be canon, nothing ever confirmed the LS fight to be.

Please answer this: What reason would the developers have to include this fight, something that fans would surely theorize over, if it weren't canon?
The fights would be as effective as "what-if" scenarios; Even though they would never happen, we would still gain some knowledge from the battle/s.

Like I said, the battle/s being uncanon wouldn't necessarily mean that MF also isn't. It's also pretty much how I feel about the No Heart battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back