• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
She also said that she was voicing Kairi but we all know how that turned out... (for the better of course)

True, but she never gave a definite answer for Kairi to begin with. It was just "I should be." But I see your point.

This is irrelevant to the current discussion, but I'm guessing Meaghen Jeanne Martin has replaced Brittany Snow as Namine?

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
anyone else think Jason Dohring sound a little like Edward Norton?

Terralol.jpg

aquaftw1414

I hated MX's voice! (leonard nimoy)

i mean at first i didnt like terra, eraqus, or aquas voice, but i got used to them and now i like them

but i couldnt get used to xehanort his voiced just sounded horrible to me...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

i mean at first i didnt like terra, eraqus, or aquas voice, but i got used to them and now i like them

May I ask why? (Just curious is all...)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

How can you get used to AQUA but not love MX?! He was the best freakin' actor out of the whole cast!

R

Rooster Cogburn

I agree with skyfoxx, Nimoy's performance was awesome. I don't see how anyone could dislike it. I thought all the VA's did great, save for Dohring.

Sempied

I really wonder where people imagine Aqua's character compared to Willa. Aqua is a calm, cool, collected, cautious, a little stoic, but intellectual heroine. I'm not saying that weren't some scenes that she didn't so good on, but like Dohring-Terra, Willa-Aqua portrayed the personality, and character much more than what met the ears, and eyes.

Yes I believe that there were many others that could get the job done in top notch quality. (Kari Wahlgren fan inside is trying to contain itself still), however just like the how I realized that Troy Baker wasn't Terra: I got over it, and found more ups, than downs in Willa's performance by looking at it more than a "Flat, emotionless robot", and more into the actual voice, rather than popular sovereignty.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
man, I'm so glad the legend of Zelda doesn't have voice acting (-_-T)
all people would to is complain. I liked all the voices in the game, and know I couldn't do any better, I'm sure the VA's who were picked, were picked for a reason.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
man, I'm so glad the legend of Zelda doesn't have voice acting (-_-T)
all people would to is complain. I liked all the voices in the game, and know I couldn't do any better, I'm sure the VA's who were picked, were picked for a reason.

I'd kinda like to find out what those reasons were, just out of curiosity.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'd kinda like to find out what those reasons were, just out of curiosity.

Well, this is definitely one of the reasons ^^

The Making of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep - Addendum

"The overseas team recommended a select group of experienced voiced actors, and we narrowed down our choices after listening to their voices. Usually I choose actors whose voices are similar to the Japanese version, but this time around I focused more on candidates who were simply a good fit for the character. For Eraqus and Xehanort, I chose actors who I felt personified these characters best, but also wanted to be a bit playful in my decision-making."

aquaftw1414

I just didn't like how it sounded like he had a cold or had something stuck in his throat or something, i mean, i think he put some emotion into his performance and all, but it was like nails on a chalkboard to me when he talked lol

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just didn't like how it sounded like he had a cold or had something stuck in his throat or something, i mean, i think he put some emotion into his performance and all, but it was like nails on a chalkboard to me when he talked lol

Leonard Nimoy is like 80, and used to be a smoker.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

The man is 80 years old and used to smoke. What, do you expect him to sound like he did when he was 30?

Sempied

Except thats what MX should sound like. He is a literal dying, old, keyblade master. The cold/laryngitis effect added well to that notion.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

That's what he's supposed to sound like.

Think about it... Master Xehanort is a dying 80+ year old who needs a new vessel quickly or he'll die. Plus he's addicted to darkness to the point where his ears become pointy and his eyes because yellow... surely his voice would be affected as such as well.

aquaftw1414

That's what he's supposed to sound like.

Think about it... Master Xehanort is a dying 80+ year old who needs a new vessel quickly or he'll die. Plus he's addicted to darkness to the point where his ears become pointy and his eyes because yellow... surely his voice would be affected as such as well.

Youre right, now that i think about it.... I think i just imagined he would sound differently, like IMHO I didn't think he sounded as 'evil' as i thought he should've. Now that i finished the game ( i was stuck on the Last Episode boss for DAYS lmao!) i think I'm OK with MX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back