• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyK

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

In Epcar's defense, he really didn't have much to go on when he did KH2 (which came out before Re:CoM, yes?) because he said in an interview that he hadn't seen Zane's performance before going into the recording studio, and the directors really aren't much help when it comes to the voice acting.

He still sounded quite bad :S Especially when he said "DiZ, too many nobodies". I'm glad he improved.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

He still sounded quite bad :S Especially when he said "DiZ, too many nobodies". I'm glad he improved.

It ain't his fault though, he did exactly what he was supposed to. The directors basically told him to sound evil and dramatic, and he did just that. And I don't see why "Diz, too many nobodies." was bad :/ I think the reason he improved in Re:COM was because he probably had more time to listen to fan critiques as well as getting to listen to a little bit of Zane's footage.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Did I say it was his fault? No. Did I say he sounded bad? Yes, when compared to Billy Zane.

I don't think he sounds bad compared to Billy Zane. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Zane as Ansem (that voice makes me melt), but I just think Epcar's approach is different. Both did the best they could with what they were given. I think Epcar did the best he could, and then he was able to improve when Re:CoM came around. I don't know why they didn't show him some of Zane's performance before he went in to record for KH2, but as I said, he did the best with what he was given - which was not a lot.

ZiggyK

I don't know why they didn't show him some of Zane's performance before he went in to record for KH2

Because Square Enix's localisation has always been sub-par when it comes to the way they do things. For FFX they made the english VAs listen to the audio files of the japanese VAs and try to mimic them.

I don't think he sounded good in KH2. In Re: CoM he was much better.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Because Square Enix's localisation has always been sub-par when it comes to the way they do things. For FFX they made the english VAs listen to the audio files of the japanese VAs and try to mimic them.

I don't think he sounded good in KH2. In Re: CoM he was much better.

Well, I think it would have improved his performance in KH2 a good bit had they given him some clips of Zane to work with.

I don't think he sounded that great in KH2, but I don't think he sounded bad either.

Millenious

Slightly off topic but I think it is because Christopher Lee is so made of win that this automatically became my favorite cutscene in KH2:
[video=youtube;R7bah7V18LA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7bah7V18LA[/video]
That and when you play BBS, you realize just how important and powerful that discussion between Ansem and Xemnas really is.

Anyone else notice how freaking similar that blast that Ansem went through is to the corridors of light that TAV use?? I smell a theory a cookng

Though not on VA topic, but when is that Gamescon trailer the site talks about coming out, ive never heard of Gamescon.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Gamescom takes place from August 18-22.

Awards

I just hope that the Gamescon trailer will be like the JF2010 trailer. Thatd be so cool! Id love to hear Ansem, Lea, Zack, Braig, and more of Vanitas.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I want to hear Master Xehanort
"the masked boy, you should know him, his name is Vanitas"

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I just hope that the Gamescon trailer will be like the JF2010 trailer. Thatd be so cool! Id love to hear Ansem, Lea, Zack, Braig, and more of Vanitas.

When IS Gamescon, btw? :DDDDD *Is also waiting for the trailer*

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

did they tell us terra voice yet

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

really weve heard it so i thought somone went sherlock homes and figured it out by know its been a month since we got the full voice clips

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

really weve heard it so i thought somone went sherlock homes and figured it out by know its been a month since we got the full voice clips

People have said that Terra sounds kinda generic, so it's more difficult to guess his VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back