• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I agree, I was just hoping for the best and I picked out the one set of lines that were actually well performed even if it was for just a second. I think she sounds too young for the mature woman aqua is supposed to be

Aqua doesn't even seem that old. sure is older than ventus and maybe kh2 riku. but i don't find her to be a woman just yet.

look at terra, he looks even older than aqua and once you play his scenario, you can see he act's a little younger. IMO he seemed to have mroe self-doubt than i expected.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Wow, seriously, the stupid tag war is still going on?

I've been away for a few days and I didn't have much internet access. So Terra's VA is still unconfirmed, yes?

lol, I didn't even notice it.

And yeah, Terra's VA is still unconfirmed. It may not get confirmed until the actual game comes out at this rate :/

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

lol, I didn't even notice it.

And yeah, Terra's VA is still unconfirmed. It may not get confirmed until the actual game comes out at this rate :/

I just happened to look down at the tag cloud and see a clusterfck of pointless tags, so...:|

Wait, don't we get another trailer? Like a Jump Festa one? I checked IMDB today and they took Christian Bale off the cast list. Not that it makes much of a difference, as it's IMDB, but just thought I'd mention it in case no one else has.

Locksmith13

Aqua doesn't even seem that old. sure is older than ventus and maybe kh2 riku. but i don't find her to be a woman just yet.

look at terra, he looks even older than aqua and once you play his scenario, you can see he act's a little younger. IMO he seemed to have mroe self-doubt than i expected.

Yeah but Terra is immature for his age and it shows in his fall to the darkness in his heart, I think aqua is the same age but if she's younger she is much more mature and she carries a certain demeanor that she is older

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Yeah but Terra is immature for his age and it shows in his fall to the darkness in his heart, I think aqua is the same age but if she's younger she is much more mature and she carries a certain demeanor that she is older

I think Aqua is about a year or two younger than Terra. Terra is between 19 and 21, I think, so I would say Aqua's about 18. I wouldn't say that Terra's immature, just naive.

Locksmith13

Does anyone else get the feeling that birth by sleep's plot is like an upgraded and different version of Revenge of the Sith

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Does anyone else get the feeling that birth by sleep's plot is like an upgraded and different version of Revenge of the Sith

It pretty much is. Now if only Terra had married someone in secret and gotten her pregnant - Aqua or whoever else - then it'd be serious deja vu. THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS GAME.

*cough* Ok,I 'm done now. :goes back to lurking:

Oh, and I almost forgot, but your post got me thinking, and I found this on the Tube of You:

[video=youtube;XO0-RedfnJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO0-RedfnJ8[/video]

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Terra's VA will probably remain a mystery until the next trailer although i don't understand why no one has confirmed it unless its a surprise celebrity. Just wanted to voice my opinion for all of that.

I doubt he'd be a surprise celebrity, because... well, it just seems kind of pointless.

Terra doesn't sound like anyone in particular, to the point where we've been reduced to just asking random anime voice actors whether they're playing him. If his VA is a celebrity, they're not getting any benefit out of it, since we honestly have no way of telling.

but that scene didn't need enough emotion, so i still think she might not do so good in other scenes where a lot of emotion is needed

Didn't need emotion...? I think you're missing some important implications of that line, there. =/

I think Aqua is about a year or two younger than Terra. Terra is between 19 and 21, I think, so I would say Aqua's about 18. I wouldn't say that Terra's immature, just naive.

I'd say there's a year difference, just to better parallel Sora and Riku. =3

And I think Terra might read as immature because he's pretty sensitive, and therefore not particularly "manly." He kind of seems mature to me in other ways, though, like his willingness to accept responsibility for the results of his darkness, even if it doesn't always work out very well.

Locksmith13

This video is so funny and I'm definitely saving it, it does kind of support the whole revenge of the sith story lol.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I'd say there's a year difference, just to better parallel Sora and Riku. =3

And I think Terra might read as immature because he's pretty sensitive, and therefore not particularly "manly." He kind of seems mature to me in other ways, though, like his willingness to accept responsibility for the results of his darkness, even if it doesn't always work out very well.

Just because he's sensitive doesn't mean he's immature - it's just part of his nature. No, he's not OMG-SO-FCKING-MACHO, but he doesn't have to be; otherwise it just wouldn't...well, it just wouldn't be Terra. He loves his friends like they're his siblings (or more than friends, for you various shippers out there), and I guess you could say he feels like it's his duty to protect them. And I think he's supposed to be a little awkward and naive; it makes his story that much more tragic and gives the writers something to build his character with.

This video is so funny and I'm definitely saving it, it does kind of support the whole revenge of the sith story lol.

There's a lot of similarities to RoS. Or maybe it's just because the archetype's been done so much. Either way...it makes a great fan video. 8D

Sempied

I doubt he'd be a surprise celebrity, because... well, it just seems kind of pointless.

Terra doesn't sound like anyone in particular, to the point where we've been reduced to just asking random anime voice actors whether they're playing him. If his VA is a celebrity, they're not getting any benefit out of it, since we honestly have no way of telling.
I doubt that if Christopher Lee is in this one, along with Chris Sanders they didn't get mentioned, and there about just as important as the other VA's. If someone like Willa Holland who this being her first time voice acting was mentioned as a nonregular you'd think they'd include another like a anime VA, or such in there to.

I'll bet we'll definitely have a better clue by the Gamescom trailer.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I doubt that if Christopher Lee is in this one, along with Chris Sanders they didn't get mentioned, and there about just as important as the other VA's. If someone like Willa Holland who this being her first time voice acting was mentioned as a nonregular you'd think they'd include another like a anime VA, or such in there to.

I'll bet we'll definitely have a better clue by the Gamescom trailer.

Ansem the Wise is in the secret ending, so I would assume that Christopher Lee is in this one.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Just because he's sensitive doesn't mean he's immature - it's just part of his nature. No, he's not OMG-SO-FCKING-MACHO, but he doesn't have to be; otherwise it just wouldn't...well, it just wouldn't be Terra. He loves his friends like they're his siblings (or more than friends, for you various shippers out there), and I guess you could say he feels like it's his duty to protect them. And I think he's supposed to be a little awkward and naive; it makes his story that much more tragic and gives the writers something to build his character with.

...not saying I actually agree with that. XD; I love Terra the way he is, because he's sensitive and caring. ("Manly" is an ideal that I'd rather enjoy seeing burn in a fire, honestly, and the fact that Terra doesn't even seem to realize it exists makes me very happy)

What I meant to say was, since it's generally expected for men to be aggressive and emotionally-repressed, Terra's sensitivity might read as boyish and therefore immature to others.

There's a lot of similarities to RoS. Or maybe it's just because the archetype's been done so much.

BbS tends to put its characters into a lot of parallel situations, to the point that it almost seems intentional. Considering the characters' personalities (especially Terra's), it's like they wanted to create an inverted version of RotS. XD

Sempied

Ansem the Wise is in the secret ending, so I would assume that Christopher Lee is in this one.
Exactly Christopher Lee being the large actor as he is wasn't even mentioned. While someone who plays a part in 1 world Hades by James Woods is. I wouldn't be surprised if Terra's is announced/found out later.

Also would anyone think that the VA would be closer to Terra age, like what SE/Disney has done for all the other characters?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Exactly Christopher Lee being the large actor as he is wasn't even mentioned. While someone who plays a part in 1 world Hades by James Woods is. I wouldn't be surprised if Terra's is announced/found out later.

Also would anyone think that the VA would be closer to Terra age, like what SE/Disney has done for all the other characters?

Well, it'd be nice to find out who he is BEFORE September.

I don't know. David Gallagher's in his 20s, Steve Burton (Cloud) is in his...30s, I believe, and Cloud's only...what, 20? 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back