• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Oh god, MX is the worst of them. And Eraqus did have the best voice of them all... you could hear the epic in it. Bret Iwan is ok I guess. Good successor to wayne alwine I suppose.

YUPPP

oh wait no Ven and the Disney characters sound ok too

MX's exchange about darkness with Terra sounds fine, but his speech about the keyblade war still sounds kinda bad so he's mixed for me

I think you and I have the same opinions on the VA's.
Did you like Vanitas?

Sempied

Oh god, MX is the worst of them. And Eraqus did have the best voice of them all... you could hear the epic in it. Bret Iwan is ok I guess. Good successor to wayne alwine I suppose.
I blame the lack of water sound effects for how odd Bret Iwan sounded as Mickey."Wah! WOOOOOOHHHHHH"

When is Gamescon ?
August 15th-17th I believe.I'd actually wouldn't mind if they did a mock up of the jump festa trailer since both were so epic that maybe we'd get some VA redemption. (Vanitas evil lol for example)

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I actually started accepting Terra's VA after listening to Apprentice Xehanort's voice in KH2. Kinda sounded alike even though they're different VA's but its still pretty good. He just needed more emotion in some of his scenes in the trailer

Aqua is not that big an upset. I mean IMO she nailed some lines like the "He's not as weak as you think" line and incredibly bombed the "star shaped fruit speech". maybe she can't do long lines. anyway i like and i pretty much wouldn't have had it any other way. Oh and Jesse owned his role as Ven. Perfect.

Vanitas...beast. That is all.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I actually started accepting Terra's VA after listening to Apprentice Xehanort's voice in KH2. Kinda sounded alike even though they're different VA's but its still pretty good. He just needed more emotion in some of his scenes in the trailer

Aqua is not that big an upset. I mean IMO she nailed some lines like the "He's not as weak as you think" line and incredibly bombed the "star shaped fruit speech". maybe she can't do long lines. anyway i like and i pretty much wouldn't have had it any other way. Oh and Jesse owned his role as Ven. Perfect.

Vanitas...beast. That is all.

I thought Terra had some anger in his battle grunts as well as emotion in his "Help me understand Master Xehanort! What is it that I failed to learn?" line, which I thought was very well done.

I'm actually glad Jesse McCartney didn't sound like Roxas. What I mean is that the voice is the same but I'm glad they let him know that unlike Roxas, Ventus isn't an emo and is actually much like Sora.

Vanitas... I'm really not too impressed with it like everyone else is to be honest. It isn't bad but IMO it could've been better... but hey, that was only 2 lines so hopefully if we get a trailer like the 2010 Jump Fiesta one he will turn out to be better.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Eraqus sounds good because it's Mark Hamill, who can actually act.

I think you and I have the same opinions on the VA's.
Did you like Vanitas?

I think HJO is probably doing his best as Vanitas, but I like Irino a lot better :/

sonickenshin

Awards

Remember when KH used to be praised for its voice acting? Good times.

Oh god, MX is the worst of them. And Eraqus did have the best voice of them all... you could hear the epic in it. Bret Iwan is ok I guess. Good successor to wayne alwine I suppose.​

...out of exertion grunts? Have you even heard him in the shorts that were posted several times in this topic?

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I'm actually glad Jesse McCartney didn't sound like Roxas. What I mean is that the voice is the same but I'm glad they let him know that unlike Roxas, Ventus isn't an emo and is actually much like Sora.

I think thats what i'm gonna like best. That Ven reminds me more of Sora than Roxas despite the appearance. MX's voice is not what I expected but i can get used to it. I think its a pretty decent adaption for us. he's supposed to sound like an old villian. And I guess Bret can pull Mickey off well. I just gotta wait for Jump Festa now

EDiT: which is when btw?

sonickenshin

Awards

To get a BETTER feel of Bret Iwan's Mick, instead of going on a few grunts....
Mickey Mouse | Disney

Go to the SHORT versions of the shorts (like Lonesome Ghosts and the Seal).

YUPPP

I blame the lack of water sound effects for how odd Bret Iwan sounded as Mickey."Wah! WOOOOOOHHHHHH"

August 15th-17th I believe.I'd actually wouldn't mind if they did a mock up of the jump festa trailer since both were so epic that maybe we'd get some VA redemption. (Vanitas evil lol for example)

I agree. If they do the Jump trailer hopefully the editing won't be so bad.
I want to like all the VA's but I can't, so hopefully if they do a mock up they will put in better performances.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I just gotta wait for Jump Festa now

EDiT: which is when btw?

It's not even confirmed if we'll be getting an English version of that trailer. I'm just saying I hope that the "gamescom" trailer would basically be the same as the 7 minute trailer but for all we know, we may not even get that trailer at all. I don't know when Gamescom is or even what it is.

MeggieKeyblader

I don't get why Terra and Apprentice Xehanort's voices aren't the same? That's a little weird, since it's the same body and all...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I don't get why Terra and Apprentice Xehanort's voices aren't the same? That's a little weird, since it's the same body and all...

It wasn't like that in the Japanese version either. The reason the voices aren't the same is because Terra's voice doesn't change until MX possesses him. Plus to be honest, I can't imagine Richard Epcar ever playing as Terra. It just wouldn't fit at all and it wouldn't have fit in the Japanese version either. In a Nomura interview he said "The Xehanort voice was too deep so we got someone else"

MeggieKeyblader

It wasn't like that in the Japanese version either. The reason the voices aren't the same is because Terra's voice doesn't change until MX possesses him. Plus to be honest, I can't imagine Richard Epcar ever playing as Terra. It just wouldn't fit at all and it wouldn't have fit in the Japanese version either. In a Nomura interview he said "The Xehanort voice was too deep so we got someone else"

Ohhh okay, I thought it was a little weird. I guess that explains it though. Thanks.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

It's not even confirmed if we'll be getting an English version of that trailer. I'm just saying I hope that the "gamescom" trailer would basically be the same as the 7 minute trailer but for all we know, we may not even get that trailer at all. I don't know when Gamescom is or even what it is.

On the main BBS website, I recall seeing a "Launch Trailer" listed there. Wasn't that the other title of the JF2010 trailer? I think that might be it. ^_^

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

On the main BBS website, I recall seeing a "Launch Trailer" listed there. Wasn't that the other title of the JF2010 trailer? I think that might be it. ^_^

That trailer came before the launch of the Japanese version so I highly doubt the "launch trailer" was what the JF2010 trailer was called. Otherwise people would've called that the "launch trailer" instead of "Jump Fiesta 2010 trailer"

Besides, "launch trailer" most likely will air at the release date of the game so it wouldn't matter anyway because we'd have the game by then.

Allister Rose

French Lover

well i haven't been on the internet for a while and i decided to re-evaluate my opinion on willa holland for aqua (since everyone seems to be so positive about her last time). Anyways, it stil sounds as horrible as i remember (if not worst).

if HJO as a child could have done an excellent job for sora (i'm merely referring to kh1, because i think he shouldn't have done sora in re:Com-kh2) than i'm pretty sure willa holland could have done a better job. Willa Hiolland isn't that big of an ameteur to empathize with her. i feel some of you give her far less credit than what she deserves.

The problem i have with aqua is mainly that she is being "shy", she isn't expressing herself and usually for a first-time VA, they should know that more emotion applies. WIlla holland did a really bad job of aqua, like i said before (despite people agreeing or not) willa holland reminds me the VA of namine of re:COM, but more watered done (not in the sense of voices are similar but the acting itself). The main problem i have over willa holland over anything else is that she is portraying Aqua in a different way than what megumi tayoguchi has done. Megumi has voiced aqua as a strong person but gets intimate with her friend (in a brotherly-sisterly way if you know what i'm trying to say), but with willa holland she sounds shy and timid. i will not be able to enjoy aqua's scenario as much as i hope so hopefully i will just play the french version (if the french VA does a better job, i'm willing to bet she will).

Despite having strong feelings over Willa Holland's VAing, I do not blame her 100%. Tetsuya nomura was reviewing the VA of the japanese cast and was pretty strict with megumi tayoguchi in one certain scene. Since kh2, it's pretty easy to tell that the cast seems to be on a loose leash and they should have been more strict with willa holland if they wanted her to do well for aqua.

On a side note, so that i don't get too negative i praise all of the male VA's in the series. they were as close to my ideals and i'm glad they did a wonderful job. Especially Vanitas, but i do fear how his evil laugh will be, but considering it's the VA i know, i'm sure he can do a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back