• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rue

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

well call me bias sicne i;m in Twilgihtchaser37s Fandub as King Mickey with CGNET (eyah combo) and after seeing the trialer...My gosh Aquas vocie was horrible, jesse was plain awful to, in fact they all were terrible, it sounded like how "you people" would call a fandub. taking into consideration that most people here don;t care about hwo hard it is to not only make a video game form screach,or cast people,etc. form a VA's perspective it;s very interesting,and hard. Now I don;t think Aquas VA as an actress is a terrible perosn,she jsut plain sucks as Aqua. Terra, Vanitas, and The Disney and Org characters were fantasic as alway. can;t really say anything about Bret sicne we both started doing mickeys vocie aorund the same time, and both BBS is our "offical" debut as King Mickey. But Lenord Nimoy?! I mena i love the guy i jsut think he is horrible as Master Xehanort, he would do much better as master Eraqus. same with Mark Hamil.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

well call me bias sicne i;m in Twilgihtchaser37s Fandub as King Mickey with CGNET (eyah combo) and after seeing the trialer...My gosh Aquas vocie was horrible, jesse was plain awful to, in fact they all were terrible, it sounded like how "you people" would call a fandub. taking into consideration that most people here don;t care about hwo hard it is to not only make a video game form screach,or cast people,etc. form a VA's perspective it;s very interesting,and hard. Now I don;t think Aquas VA as an actress is a terrible perosn,she jsut plain sucks as Aqua. Terra, Vanitas, and The Disney and Org characters were fantasic as alway. can;t really say anything about Bret sicne we both started doing mickeys vocie aorund the same time, and both BBS is our "offical" debut as King Mickey. But Lenord Nimoy?! I mena i love the guy i jsut think he is horrible as Master Xehanort, he would do much better as master Eraqus. same with Mark Hamil.

Couldn't understand half of this. And yes you're biased. Much better as Eraqus my ass Nimoy. He is pushing it as MX right now. Jesse's voice was amazing as always and Aqua's voice isn't as bad as you are trying to make it seem. Only part that was off was her little fruit speech.

YUPPP

Let me be the first to tell you that your fan dubs were so bad it gave me diabetes.
I will agree however that Hamill would have been better suited as Xehanort but I like Nimoy now. Well his exchange with Terra at least.
Jesse sounded terrific, I thought, far superior to Terra and Aqua.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Yes you are being biased. And your sentence made no sense at all either -_-

And by the way, your FANDUB was complete and utter trash compared to this trailer so you are the LAST person to talk about how "horrible" the voice actors are.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

All I got from this was "bias" and "Nimoy as Eraqus"

I don't get it.

I think all of the voices are fine. Nimoy fits the "Old man who isn't evil but really is" role. And Hamill fits as Eraqus. If Hamill had been MX, it would have been too "evil" considering every time I think Hamill I think "THE JOKER! FIRE LORD OZAI!" Just having him in that role would make MX SCREAM evil.

JESSE WAS AMAZING! One of the best in the bunch. Terra was kinda "eh" to me. And Aqua gets better when you watch the video a few more times.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

You ARE bias, and you also have horrible grammar it seems. And your fandub isn't all that good (btw, Bret Iwan is a much better Mickey than you and a fandub =/= "official debut". In fact, you're not Mickey's VA unless you're casted by Disney) Willa Holland isn't anywhere near as bad as most think she is as Aqua, Jesse sounds better than ever here. The only VA I'm worried about is Terra's and that's only because we don't know who's voicing him. Leonard Nimoy sounds fantastic as MX, but I could never see him as Eraqus. Mark Hamill would have made a better MX than Eraqus, but even that role he sounds great as.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Ok guys, since I made a Da Rock joke I'll put something serious in. Also, that's just what it is, a JOKE.

I think all of the VA's sound great so far. I think anyone who doesn't like them is a whiny bitch and should get a life. Except for Terra, he sounds flat, as I have said before. I think Dwayne Johnson would be better, but that's because I'm the only one who thinks Terra!Johnson would be fucking awesome. ;)

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

That much bad-ness deserved to be flamed at.

Amen. DX

@ rawpower: I don't mind some criticism to the VAs, but it seems to me that most of the fans are flaming the VAs without really realizing the other issues that came into play with the trailer (and some seem to have made up their minds before even giving the VAs serious and fair listening)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

lol I love how when Rue posted his terrible comment, 5 people respond.

6 actually. He opted to leave me a PM about it as well >.>

I've replied back to him already, but I'll expand on it a bit more.

Rue, even if we're acquaintances, even if we're pals, I'm going to tell it to you straight. Your post contained obvious bias, and it's your pride as a fandubber that caused you to post it in the first place. Those of us who aren't part of the project could tell that as a fandub, TC's was just, for lack of better words, bad, and even then CGNet's isn't that much better. Really the only ones that were okay imo were Aqua and Ven, and even then I still prefer Willa and Jesse.

The only fandubs I actually enjoy are the abridged ones, because LittleKuriboh is made of epic win.

I've already told you several times what my opinion of the voices were, but really, you have your own opinion, and we have ours. Most of us here like the official english voices, and we are very satisfied with the VAs. Even though you dislike the voices, at least have some supporting reasons as to why you dislike them in the first place. Allister didn't like Willa either, but at least she could back it up with reasons.

And I see you completely ignored Random Queen and Shinkirō when they told you to read the rules, particularly the one about typing illiterately :\

Last edited:

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Overuse? I did it like, a month and a half to two months apart. When people started to notice I stopped, BUT then when you brought it up again and started whining when I didn't even DO it yet, well...hehehe, you asked for it. :)

Sempied

lol I love how when Rue posted his terrible comment, 5 people respond.
I was just actually about to respond on everything wrong with the fan dub compared to the original to. (The only good "Fan Dubs" i've seen were abridged series: A.K.A. "BROOKLYN RAGE!")

Badass troll deserves the badass troll/llama award.

BOT: I'm still trying to get used to Terra's voice. Even after watching his gameplay vs. the small cutscenes: He sounds better in battle, but just sound off on some parts to. I'd like to be optimistic that it's getting a FFXIII trailer treatment, but a part of me just wants to Gamescom trailer to shut up those doubts to...

YUPPP

I was just actually about to respond on everything wrong with the fan dub compared to the original to. (The only good "Fan Dubs" i've seen were abridged series: A.K.A. "BROOKLYN RAGE!")

Badass troll deserves the badass troll/llama award.

BOT: I'm still trying to get used to Terra's voice. Even after watching his gameplay vs. the small cutscenes: He sounds better in battle, but just sound off on some parts to. I'd like to be optimistic that it's getting a FFXIII trailer treatment, but a part of me just wants to Gamescom trailer to shut up those doubts to...

When is Gamescon ?

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

Ok guys, since I made a Da Rock joke I'll put something serious in. Also, that's just what it is, a JOKE.

I think all of the VA's sound great so far. I think anyone who doesn't like them is a whiny bitch and should get a life. Except for Terra, he sounds flat, as I have said before. I think Dwayne Johnson would be better, but that's because I'm the only one who thinks Terra!Johnson would be fucking awesome. ;)

Psh, Terra!Bale would've been the best thing to have ever existed~~~
In the e3 trailer, it bothers me how monotone and unemotional Aqua's voice is compared to her face when she's giving out the charms. Other than that, she sounded okay, although it could've been better. I'm still trying to get used to Terra's voice D:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

oh wait no Ven and the Disney characters sound ok too

MX's exchange about darkness with Terra sounds fine, but his speech about the keyblade war still sounds kinda bad so he's mixed for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back