• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key

Exile
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Hey, i got quoted! that never happens!! :D

/being seriously late

I don't mind Nimoy, he sounds like what he's supposed to sound like: an evil old guy. >:D japanese MX sounded... TOO evil, lol. like, you could tell he was evil just by listening to him. Nimoy does a better job. :D

EDIT: Goldpanner, your sig... is AWESOME. XD

Sempied

I don't hear him sounding like a croaking frog :/
He sounds like an evil old man. The Japanese one was too fake in my opinion because I just had the image of a 40-year old trying to do a Japanese darth Sidious. I don't know anyone who's around the age of 60-70 who sounds similar to the Japanese voice naturally.
I actually thought Nimoy sounded like a pirate on some parts. While I do agree that MX original japanese sounded to evil, thata lso that Nimoy captures a cover for MX as being more to just an old keyblade master that we aren't supposed to expect that he is evil.

Still nothing on who's Terra's VA?

Key

Exile
Awards

I actually thought Nimoy sounded like a pirate on some parts. While I do agree that MX original japanese sounded to evil, thata lso that Nimoy captures a cover for MX as being more to just an old keyblade master that we aren't supposed to expect that he is evil.

"ARRR, Terra! Lean to control yer darkness, ARRRRR." XD

Still nothing on who's Terra's VA?

Nope, unfortunately. :/ opefully we get something soon D:

Sempied

"ARRR, Terra! Lean to control yer darkness, ARRRRR." XD
I don't know why, but that makes me think of him now from a pirate - butt pirate pedophile. We can only wonder what we did to Ventus, and Vanitas in his spare time. (I'm a horrible person for thinking so.)

He sounded like Yoda to me. :|

This was supposed to have a quote about MX in it.. OOPS. >_<
"Your fine as you are. Darkness, cannot be destroyed it can only be channeled." sounded a lot less Yoda to me.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

I don't hear him sounding like a croaking frog :/
He sounds like an evil old man. The Japanese one was too fake in my opinion because I just had the image of a 40-year old trying to do a Japanese darth Sidious. I don't know anyone who's around the age of 60-70 who sounds similar to the Japanese voice naturally.

I know but some people do like my friend and this is just me saying I don't care to he (my friend) just told me, which sounds lame but whatever. He does but then again, I didn't notice it too much. Oh yes, very true.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

He sounded like Yoda to me. :|

This was supposed to have a quote about MX in it.. OOPS. >_<

Again I don't hear Yoda. The only similarities between Leonard Nimoy and Yoda is that they have a gruffy voice but that doesn't make them the same. But Yoda has this weird alien voice and his speech pattern is completely different. I actually had a picture of Yoda in front of my computer while playing the audio from Leonard Nimoy and it does not match.

nicoleohbugga

Again I don't hear Yoda. The only similarities between Leonard Nimoy and Yoda is that they have a gruffy voice but that doesn't make them the same. But Yoda has this weird alien voice and his speech pattern is completely different. I actually had a picture of Yoda in front of my computer while playing the audio from Leonard Nimoy and it does not match.

αsiя;5111784 said:
He still sounds like Yoda.
Yeah, well the first time I watched it, I thought it sounded like him, and was like, "awe, lame." But after viewing it again, it's only some parts that sound like him..if that makes senseee.

siegleeagle

I dont mind MX english actor I think its the perfect person I just want his voice to sound less like he is losing his voice so I can understand him better.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Again I don't hear Yoda. The only similarities between Leonard Nimoy and Yoda is that they have a gruffy voice but that doesn't make them the same.

I think the "Yoda" impression is the fault of his line in the first teaser trailer from Gamespot - "united with the hearts of their masters" sort of cracks a little bit at "hearts," in a way that's kind of reminiscent of the way Yoda's voice pitches up sometimes.

That's the only part of Master Xehanort's acting that I still can't get used to. =/ I kind of like the way he sounds narrator-like in the rest of that scene's lines.

Key

Exile
Awards

I don't know why, but that makes me think of him now from a pirate - butt pirate pedophile. We can only wonder what we did to Ventus, and Vanitas in his spare time. (I'm a horrible person for thinking so.)

....yyyyyyyyyyyyyeah, my friends and i have discussed this also. you're not horrible.

I BLAME NOMURA FOR INSERTING THESE THOUGHTS IN OUR MIND. XD I mean, Ven suddenly being half-undressed when left on the DI by XEHANORT..... MX stealing Terra's body.... yup, it's official, MX is a perverted pirate.

"Your fine as you are. Darkness, cannot be destroyed it can only be channeled." sounded a lot less Yoda to me.

Agreed. i don't hear Yoda in there, i hear an old guy talking. :/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I think MX smokes darkness. He takes a pipe and just sparks a flame of darkness. Side effects included gold eyes, pointy ears, the voice of Leonard Nimoy, turning into a pervert, having a bald head, and the desire to make dramatic hand gestures.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

I think MX smokes darkness. He takes a pipe and just sparks a flame of darkness. Side effects included gold eyes, pointy ears, the voice of Leonard Nimoy, turning into a pervert, having a bald head, and the desire to make dramatic hand gestures.

Lol, you gotta love the Xehanort's siblings use of the claw.

Sempied

Mind if I use this for a signature quote? I rolfed hard. XP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yet again, fake rep for you! :D

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

the only thing that bigs me a little is the ME and MX are supposed to be around the same age but one sounds old and one sounds pretty young.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

the only thing that bigs me a little is the ME and MX are supposed to be around the same age but one sounds old and one sounds pretty young.

I don't recall them ever saying Eraqus and Xehanort was around the same age. In fact I always thought Xehanort was about 19 years older with him being completely bald and whatnot. I dunno, but in some ways I agree with you.

αsiя

space coke

They were just trained under the same master. Sorta like how Terra is older than Ven but are trained under the same master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back