• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Are we even sure that HJO will be doing the voice though? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, I'm just curious. But like with Miyu, they can disguise his voice using software, that way the actor really wouldn't have to do much to alter his voice. The only thing is though, is that if you listen closely enough you could still tell who it is based on voice patterns.
Right, but if you put HJO voice in a can it'll still be in a can, but HJO. No we can't say that he is. In general not would it be unlikely for SE to switch up the main series game protagonist/ this game second antagonist would be some off coming from SE, and it would be odd though have dark Sora face popping out of the helmet, and not hearing HJO voice though....

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Did they cover Miyu's voice with software? I just thought he did a good job or varying his voice! lol

I don't know if they did or not; I was just saying that if for some reason HJO can't alter his voice, or if he doesn't do it to their satisfaction, it's easily remedied using some kind of software.

[spoilersRight, but if you put HJO voice in a can it'll still be in a can, but HJO. No we can't say that he is. In general not would it be unlikely for SE to switch up the main series game protagonist/ this game second antagonist would be some off coming from SE, and it would be odd though have dark Sora face popping out of the helmet, and not hearing HJO voice though....[/spoilers]

True, true. But they could always just have HJO make his voice a little deeper and darker, or just use software with it to alter it. As I said before, I don't know if that was the case with Miyu, but it's a good alternative if they still have HJO in the cast but don't really want to give away clues to Vanitas's VA.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign

I don't know if they did or not; I was just saying that if for some reason HJO can't alter his voice, or if he doesn't do it to their satisfaction, it's easily remedied using some kind of software.

LOL look who's correcting spoilers of whose now? Thanks.

True, true. But they could always just have HJO make his voice a little deeper and darker, or just use software with it to alter it. As I said before, I don't know if that was the case with Miyu, but it's a good alternative if they still have HJO in the cast but don't really want to give away clues to Vanitas's VA.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to how Vanitas' voice was done. Whether it was Haley's, or some random person's I'm sure it will sound fine. In my opinion, Square has always done an excellent job at voicing the KH cast.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to how Vanitas' voice was done. Whether it was Haley's, or some random person's I'm sure it will sound fine. In my opinion, Square has always done an excellent job at voicing the KH cast.

Definitely agree with you there.

I'm still anxious to find out who's voicing Terra and Eraqus....it's driving me nuts.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign

From what little we've heard, Terra doesn't sound too bad. Eraqus? We'll see. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow morning, with the release of the new trailer.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

From what little we've heard, Terra doesn't sound too bad. Eraqus? We'll see. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow morning, with the release of the new trailer.

No, but it's a little hard to judge Terra on his battle grunts. :p

Does anyone know what time specifically we're supposed to get a trailer?

Sempied

No, but it's a little hard to judge Terra on his battle grunts. :p

Does anyone know what time specifically we're supposed to get a trailer?
Well the actual Sony conference starts at 12PM tomorrow so somewhere between 12-3 o'clock I'd presume. And it's likely a youtube rip will be up in a matter of hours afterwards as well.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Well the actual Sony conference starts at 12PM tomorrow so somewhere between 12-3 o'clock I'd presume. And it's likely a youtube rip will be up in a matter of hours as well.

Awesome! So is it pretty safe to say that by, hm, midnight tomorrow we should have the trailer up?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Awesome! So is it pretty safe to say that by, hm, midnight tomorrow we should have the trailer up?

Possibly ^^

Does anyone remember how quickly the trailers made it onto the SE virtual booth last year?

Sempied

Or you can just watch E3 live like I am. E3 has a YouTube channels o if anyone's curious, here's the link:
YouTube - E3's Channel
*Bookmarked*

I hate to go off topic but concerning the Microsoft panel: I'm slightly dissapointed with the new slim Xbox 360. yes i'm glad it'll be in stores as early as a week, but it just seems like it was to fix the kinks the original had.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

*Bookmarked*

I hate to go off topic but concerning the Microsoft panel: I'm slightly dissapointed with the new slim Xbox 360. yes i'm glad it'll be in stores as early as a week, but it just seems like it was to fix the kinks the original had.

Wow I totally didn't look at that...the first thing I saw on the schedule was Assassin's Creed 3...and it made me happy...but now I'm curious. :wanders off to watch Xbox coverage:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Wonder if it says on here? E3 2009 | SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS

Sorry, I can't see the page - Squeenix's website just refuses to load on my computer right now.

I don't think so, but since the booth's opening tomorrow, I was wondering if everything would appear all at once, or if they've just upload the more popular ones first.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I don't think so, but since the booth's opening tomorrow, I was wondering if everything would appear all at once, or if they've just upload the more popular ones first.

If that's the case, then I would think BBS would be up there, unless they have a trailer for Versus too.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

What are the chances they mean 12:01 AM when they said "opens June 15"? xD

But anyways, I'm excited for tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all their voices :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think I'm going to stay away from the E3 rush this year. Sure, rake up a lot of posts and I like knowing everything that is going on, but the forum is going to get laggy with the onslaught of noobs wanting to join (but can't because I'm hoping there is a new member block for E3) and the regular ghosts of the forums. And my friend has bad internet connection and every year when it is E3, I always end up at her house. It ALWAYS happens.

So I'm just going to wait til I get home tomorrow, hope SE doesn't remove any videos on YT so I can watch them, and then squeal like a fangirl for the rest of infinity.

-praying for Good Voices tomorrow-

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Well, if what you said in the other thread was true, SE will most likely just stop trying to remove BBS trailer videos on Youtube, since it's going to be leaked everywhere and it won't really be possible for them to delete every one.

EDIT

I know that we've agreed that IMDB is NOT the most reliable source in the world, but I think someone said in this thread before that Christian Bale was once listed as doing Terra's voice, but his credit was removed. It's back up on the site again. It makes me wonder, especially with it being this close to E3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back