• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

So guize.
Does anyone know who Eraqus might be? I still really want it to be Hamill after finding out he voiced Fire Lord Ozai.

My guess is James Wood to be honest. But that's only based on the fact that his name came right after Leonard Nimoy. He's obviously going to be Hades but I think it's also obvious he'll play a main character as well, we just don't know who.
I honestly can't imagine James Wood attempting Eraqus... but that's the only thing I can guess for now.

Either that or Mark Hamill would voice both Terra and Eraqus (darn, that would have been a lot of voice work for him lol)

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

My guess is James Wood to be honest. But that's only based on the fact that his name came right after Leonard Nimoy. He's obviously going to be Hades but I think it's also obvious he'll play a main character as well, we just don't know who.
I honestly can't imagine James Wood attempting Eraqus... but that's the only thing I can guess for now.

Either that or Mark Hamill would voice both Terra and Eraqus (darn, that would have been a lot of voice work for him lol)

LOL I thought it was James Woods but then I realized that him voicing Eraqus would mean Hamill VAing Terra and went DNW.
I don't doubt Mark Hamill's voice acting abilities but I think he would sound too old for someone who is supposed to be around eighteen/nineteen.

Sempied

Good, I wasn't the only one having problems with it then.

For the record, I'm not really all that worried about MX or TAV. Vanitas I'm really curious about though. I think they'll all do fine; can't say for sure, it's only a few seconds' worth of footage in terms of voice acting, but I don't think they'll disappoint.
I'm mostly just curious of Vanitas will be voiced if by HJO. I mean it's been shown he has vocal range, but i'm still curious if I can still play the game, and take Vanitas voice seriously, or not since he, and Eraqus are the only ones we haven't heard a single bit of a word from.

I don't think there would e any problem with Hamill voicing Eraqus. As shown from the past videos Hamill could fit Terra's age well, and still pull off Eraqus from the short lines he has.

Ultima Scorpio

I know this has been beaten to death, but Liam Neeson would definitely rock as Eraqus.

And I do think that Mark Hamill is voicing Terra. The slightly higher pitch matches Hamill's voices in other works. I youtubed some interviews with him and I was surprised how...non-deep...his voice is.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

LOL I thought it was James Woods but then I realized that him voicing Eraqus would mean Hamill VAing Terra and went DNW.
I don't doubt Mark Hamill's voice acting abilities but I think he would sound too old for someone who is supposed to be around eighteen/nineteen.

Did you see the gameplay vid? Then again, it's all just grunts so I guess it isn't a far thing. Still, I think he'd be good. It's not the first time he voiced someone younger than himself. Age and gender don't matter in voice acting. What matters is the voice.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

Did you see the gameplay vid? Then again, it's all just grunts so I guess it isn't a far thing. Still, I think he'd be good. It's not the first time he voiced someone younger than himself. Age and gender don't matter in voice acting. What matters is the voice.

Yes, i'm still reserving judgement but I was expecting Terra's voice to be... Deeper. Well, not as deep as the Japanese voice but it sounded a bit high pitched for him. I've heard Hamill's Voice Acting but his voice just doesn't sound like it would fit Terra to me. I still feel as though he would make a better, more amazing Eraqus than Terra.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Yes, i'm still reserving judgement but I was expecting Terra's voice to be... Deeper. Well, not as deep as the Japanese voice but it sounded a bit high pitched for him. I've heard Hamill's Voice Acting but his voice just doesn't sound like it would fit Terra to me. I still feel as though he would make a better, more amazing Eraqus than Terra.

And you base this off of a battle cry?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I don't know why people expected Terra to be deeper. I listened to some of Luke Skywalker's lines in Terra's face and I feel the voice does match. Sure Luke Skywalker sounds completely different from Japanese Terra but then again it doesn't have to. The only reason I can see people saying his voice is too deep is just because they are too used to the Japanese version. I can safely bet that in the future if they need to bring Terra back (for spoiler reasons) then people would WANT Mark Hamill to be Terra. Same thing happened with McCartney as Roxas.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

And you base this off of a battle cry?

=_=
I said i'm still reserving judgement, I said I expected it to be a bit deeper after hearing the "TAKE THAT!". I still don't like the idea of Hamill Terra since I wanted him to be Eraqus but as I said before, I'm still waiting to hear Terra speak a full line so I can really decide how I feel about the VA.

I'm never gonna give Eraqus!Hamill up~!

I don't know why people expected Terra to be deeper. I listened to some of Luke Skywalker's lines in Terra's face and I feel the voice does match. Sure Luke Skywalker sounds completely different from Japanese Terra but then again it doesn't have to. The only reason I can see people saying his voice is too deep is just because they are too used to the Japanese version. I can safely bet that in the future if they need to bring Terra back (for spoiler reasons) then people would WANT Mark Hamill to be Terra. Same thing happened with McCartney as Roxas.

Well, I sort of screwed myself over on the voice acting because I watched BBS trailers alot before I knew it was coming to the U.S so I began to get completely used to the deep Terra voice and now any voice that's higher sounds really off to me.
I don't see how you can think the Luke Skywalker voice fits Terra though but everyone has a different opinion about such things.
Yes, but you're saying that Terra is going to be Mark Hamill in BBS so they would want him back for continuinity and such. That would be the same if Terra was anyone else :/

Anyways, everyones opinion is different so if you think Hamill will be a great Terra than that's fine with me :)

Last edited:

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

People's battle cries don't sound completely like their regular voice though. And that's what it was. :shrugs: Wish E3 would hurry up and get here so we can at least hear more than two words and a few grunts.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Is it confirmed that Terra's voice is Mark Hammil?

YUPPP

Wow has anyone on this thread seen Star Wars? Terra does NOT sound like Luke at all. Don't say "Well Mark as Luke sounds different now have you seen him do it lately hep de derp." Don't let your want for Hamill/Terra cloud your judgement he sounds nothing like Luke when he says Take That! Not saying it isn't Hamill but everyone needs to shut up about him sounding like Luke.

/rant.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Wow has anyone on this thread seen Star Wars? Terra does NOT sound like Luke at all. Don't say "Well Mark as Luke sounds different now have you seen him do it lately hep de derp." Don't let your want for Hamill/Terra cloud your judgement he sounds nothing like Luke when he says Take That! Not saying it isn't Hamill but everyone needs to shut up about him sounding like Luke.

/rant.

Duh, of course we seen Star Wars otherwise we wouldn't have compared him. -_-
And I'm not letting it cloud my mind either. I didn't even know if it sounded like Hamill until he said "Take that!" Sometimes people's opinions or way of hearing things is just different. It's like those stupid Allister posts that were saying "YOU ALL CAN'T JUDGE BECAUSE I HAVE AWESOME HEADPHONES!!!" and we're not saying he sounds EXACTLY it's saying he sounds similar. And yes, he does. Maybe not to you but others it does. And again, you don't need to go "YOUR THOUGHTS ARE CLOUDED!" because again, it's just a matter of opinion. It's as stupid as Allister saying "YOUR HEADPHONES SUCK SO I CAN HEAR AQUA'S TERRIBLE!"

MomentoMori said:
Wish E3 would hurry up and get here so we can at least hear more than two words and a few grunts.
8 More days...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

My Mac computer's speakers says Aqua is awesome, Terra sounds like Hamill, and that Jesse is good like always. And that MX is perfect the way he is. :D

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

My Mac computer's speakers says Aqua is awesome, Terra sounds like Hamill, and that Jesse is good like always. And that MX is perfect the way he is. :D

My eyeballs say that Rain was very cute at the MTV Movie Awards (That seemed to get badder than last year and the year before that combined) x3 /shot

Even though I don't like the way Yupp said it, I don't think it sounded like Hamill. As some of you guys said, yelling/grunting sounds different from a persons regular voice so you wouldn't be able to directly tell who was VAing him until there was some sort of confirmation.
It seemed like Yupp was talking more about people on the [ENG] voices thread (I remember that there were people who thought because that because it sounded similar to them, that Mark Hamill was 100% confirmed as Terra) than anyone here really.

ANYWAYS, I'm still waiting for an E3 trailer or something that has Terra speaking a full line before I judge.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

My eyeballs say that Rain was very cute at the MTV Movie Awards (That seemed to get badder than last year and the year before that combined) x3 /shot

Even though I don't like the way Yupp said it, I don't think it sounded like Hamill. As some of you guys said, yelling/grunting sounds different from a persons regular voice so you wouldn't be able to directly tell who was VAing him until there was some sort of confirmation.
It seemed like Yupp was talking more about people on the [ENG] voices thread (I remember that there were people who thought because that because it sounded similar to them, that Mark Hamill was 100% confirmed as Terra) than anyone here really.

ANYWAYS, I'm still waiting for an E3 trailer or something that has Terra speaking a full line before I judge.

RAIN! RAIN! RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN! I was sooooo happy he won! I scared my mom when I saw him in the nomination list and I started screaming "RAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIN!" Then he won and just went RAIN nuts! :D :D :D :D :D RAIN! RAIN!

Last edited:

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

RAIN! RAIN! RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN! I was sooooo happy he won! I scared my mom when I saw him in the nomination list and I started creaming "RAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIN!" Then he won and just went RAIN nuts! :D :D :D :D :D RAIN! RAIN!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! SOMEONE ELSE WHO LIKES RAIN :D
Traskix LOVES Rain and now I love him after I searched one of his videos. HE WAS SO AWKWARD AND ADORABLE UP THERE GETTING HIS AWARD OMG. LOL I was so excited that he won and my Mom was like "WTF IS GOING ON. WHO IS THIS GUY?!".

BUT YAY RAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back