• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I hope that Terra's VA will be someone suiting like deep sexy mysterious voice. Someone told me it was Mark Hamill and I basically ripped my ears off. I dunno the two old guys, to me, are more fitting to play the obvious roles; two other old guys. Hoping Square-Enix doesn't fumble the ball and get a bad guy for Terra, bad enough they got Willa Holland for Aqua. Gossip girl and the OC meet KH? Uhm, no thanks. Her voice won't be powerful enough for me to be moved like I had been before, she is the Alyson Stoner of Birth By Sleep. I assume anyway, I mean I hope she does well but I'm not holding my breath on her.

>:C *Que Angry! VT Rant*

Judging Willa for ONE FREAKING SHOW?! What the heck is wrong with everyone who I've seen here doing the same thing?! I've heard her in an interview. And honestly I think she's got the voice. RESERVE JUDGEMENT FOR WHEN THE GAME IS ACTUALLY OUT!!!

*Pant Pant/End Rant*

And as for Mark Hamill? He's down right perfect for Terra. He can get his tone down low enough to voice Terra (go on YouTube to find his recording of his character in Yakuza) Get that low tone in the Skywalker voice and we get a terrific English Terra.

Again, and this goes to everyone: Reserve Judgement Until Release!

sonickenshin

Awards

I hope that Terra's VA will be someone suiting like deep sexy mysterious voice.
....Terra's voice sounds mysterious? *over my head* You lost me.

And...powerful enough? What the heck is that supposed to mean? A deep voice wouldn't really suit Aqua (someone fandubbed with a deep Aqua before and it didn't quite fit well...).

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com

I told my cousin that I think Hamill has the potential of voicing Terra but he says that he isn't perfect enough to voice him, now that he is old and would be weird for an old guy to voice a young character.

YUPPP

I told my cousin that I think Hamill has the potential of voicing Terra but he says that he isn't perfect enough to voice him, now that he is old and would be weird for an old guy to voice a young character.

Mark Hamill is old but he sort of has a youthful voice. If he is Terra I think he'll do well.

sonickenshin

Awards

It wouldn't be the first time for an old guy voicing a young character. Happens a lot in cartoons. It's called voice acting for a reason. It's not like he's going to come out, dress like Terra and play him in a live action movie.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com

It wouldn't be the first time for an old guy voicing a young character. Happens a lot in cartoons. It's called voice acting for a reason. It's not like he's going to come out, dress like Terra and play him in a live action movie.

I don't find any problem with Hamill voicing as Terra. He has the potential because he had that courageous innocent voice when he played Luke Skywalker and Hamill can do that onto Terra.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

I might find it weird a little lol Aqua= Willa a chick in her 20s, Ven=Jesse Mcartney who is probably in his 20s and Terra= being voiced by mark hammil, a 58 yr old jedi. I'm not saying that he won't voice Terra but it is a little weird.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Well, there are 30 year old girls who voice 5 year old boys and most people seem to take it naturally. (and yes, I'm certain that's what they're going to get for Sora and Riku)
Age doesn't matter when it comes to voice actors. As long as they can give the right voice it doesn't matter what age they are.

Key

Exile
Awards

I just think you guys shouldn't be passing judgement for these VAs before you HEAR them. I mean, look what happened with Jesse. everyone was all like, "lolwut?" and he turned out really good. I say you all should just chillllllll out and wait for the game (or at least a PROPER trailer) to come out before you make any concrete decisions ;D

honestly i think all the VAs will do fine. :) all the ones so far have, the only one i have any issues with is Alyson :/

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

And as for Mark Hamill? He's down right perfect for Terra. He can get his tone down low enough to voice Terra (go on YouTube to find his recording of his character in Yakuza) Get that low tone in the Skywalker voice and we get a terrific English Terra.

Again, and this goes to everyone: Reserve Judgement Until Release!

Wait, Mark Hamil is going to be Terra? So much for thinking Johnny Young Bosch would voice a BBS character... But wait, they haven't announced the VA for Vanitas yet, have they? THERE IS STILL HOPE!

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

I'm reserving any real judgement until we get an actually trailer and not a thrown together teaser but... WTF who is Hamill going to be playing? Is he going to be Terra or Eraqus? He was there in the order of TAV but then who is going to be Eraqus? I'm really confused right now.
Is James Woods going to be Eraqus? Since he was mentioned and there really wasn't really a reason for it to be said Terra, Aqua, Ven, MX, Hades.

.:Mega:.

Awards

@ JYB in BBS

Please, please, for the love of all that is good... No thanks. I mean, nothing against his voice, but he's in everything ever. I'd rather not have him voice any of the BBS characters, as I don't think he'd fit.

But wait, they haven't announced the VA for Vanitas yet, have they? THERE IS STILL HOPE!

He won't be voicing Vanitas, trust me on that. His VA may not be confirmed, but there are suspicions, ones which I won't specify due to spoilers.

Carbonite

YouTube - Yakuza Mark Hamil Voice Over
My goodness, he's perfect! s1elleface

sonickenshin

Awards

I'm reserving any real judgement until we get an actually trailer and not a thrown together teaser but... WTF who is Hamill going to be playing? Is he going to be Terra or Eraqus? He was there in the order of TAV but then who is going to be Eraqus? I'm really confused right now.
Is James Woods going to be Eraqus? Since he was mentioned and there really wasn't really a reason for it to be said Terra, Aqua, Ven, MX, Hades.
James Woods is Hades. He's mentioned cause well...he's technically a celebrity too.

Sempied

But wait, they haven't announced the VA for Vanitas yet, have they? THERE IS STILL HOPE!
Please, please PLEASE. consider this.
Miyu iIrino wasn't revealed to be Vanitas seiyuu until [B][I][U]after[/U][/I][/B] the game came out. HJO won't be officialy credited until we go through the summer wait, and play the game. That or we'll be blessed with a great E3 trailer.

JYB also mentioned that he auditioned for Marluxia in RE:Com, as much as it's already been said that he wouldn't be good in BBS I would like to see him him a future title maybe.

Walkway

Please, please PLEASE. consider this.
Miyu iIrino wasn't revealed to be Vanitas seiyuu until [B][I][U]after[/U][/I][/B] the game came out. HJO won't be officialy credited until we go through the summer wait, and play the game. That or we'll be blessed with a great E3 trailer.

JYB also mentioned that he auditioned for Marluxia in RE:Com, as much as it's already been said that he wouldn't be good in BBS I would like to see him him a future title maybe.

Maybe if Firion ever shows up in KH...hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back