• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I'm just happy that James Wood is coming back to do Hades and whoever speculated that he wasn't coming back was so wrong about it. No offense but seriously some of you sounded so sure he wasn't. And he has a good voice...I never get tired of hearing him as Hades. Thank goodness, Square-Enix, at least I'm NOT disappointed in that.

I'm very happy about Mark Hamill and Leonard being in Birth By Sleep. Leonard Nimoy won me as Spock and his voice definately fits Master Xenahort voice. Man, I love it. I love it I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE it. XD Sorry...anyways, I can't wait to see what Mark Hamill voice does, I heard some of his voice acting samples on Youtube and I gotta say, he's remarkable, I'm NOT relunctant and or uneasy of the role he'll do.

I haven't watched Gossip Girl but I need to go back to watching it..I mean especially the one with episode where Willa Holland guest stars, at first when I saw her name, I was surprised and at the same time thinking 'Sophisticated actress doing Aqua's voice?.........WHAT?" I'm not sure how to feel about her but I'm waiting to hear her voice. So far I think she sounds alright but I'm glad it's nobody from Disney Channel...not that I mind as I loved Meaghan Martin doing Namine ALOT...but aside from that, I just think it's cool they had a change in casting voice talent. I can't believe she would even be interested in doing Aqua (remembering that interview with Shanelle Gray about how you get the roles in KH games). But neverthleless, I hope she does well.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

willa hollunf frm gossip girl
really that the best we can do
i mean she hot and all but never would of picked her as the voice

OmegaVanitas

It looks as though Square listens to us because I've been going around a few forums where people want Mark Hamill in the game and now he is in the game.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Correction: Willa Holland.
.............who would you pick then?
And are you saying this is in to fail?...SERIOUSLY.

It looks as though Square listens to us because I've been going around a few forums where people want Mark Hamill in the game and now he is in the game.

:D

Well, that's a good thing isn't it?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Seriously, judging her just because of a role she played in an unrelated show? If she was chosen to voice Aqua, then she's probably done an amazing job.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I agree with that. it was a great moment. I have faith that Hamill will not dissapoint, for its seems as if employees of SE have been lurking around KHi and wanted to give fans an unforgettable line up. And in the case of leonard nimoy im sure he's gonna make a lot of heads turn.

I'm glad somebody else thinks SE staff has been lurking about reading these things. It was too coincidental that after everybody was talking about Mark Hamill for months that we get Mark Hamill.

And maybe somebody read my post of Leonard Nimoy when I said it a long time ago. Lmao! XD

MandoKeyMaster

I'm gussing:

Mark Hamill = Eraqus
Haley Joel Osment = Vany
Kirk Thornton or Alessandro Juliani = Terra
Grey DeLisle or Gwnedolyn Yeo = Aqua

Sempied

I'm gussing:

Mark Hamill = Eraqus
Haley Joel Osment = Vany
We already know the VA's.

Milla Holland - Aqua
Jesse McCartney - Ventus
Lenard Nimoy - MX
Mark Hamill - Terra, or/and Eraqus

I still don't get how it's a spoiler. Literally Van talks when he has it on, and people still knew it was Miyu.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I'm gussing:

Mark Hamill = Eraqus
Haley Joel Osment = Vany

Willa Holland is Aqua. There's no reason why she would be listed in that press release if she didn't play a main character. Also, Gwendolyn Yeo denied it months ago.

Kirk Thorton is playing Isa iirc. Most likely Terra will be voiced by Mark Hamill.

And I'd suggest spoiler tagging that.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Mark's probably voicing Terra, and I think he's perfect for the role; remember that cry of anger he gave as Luke in Return of The Jedi when Vader said he'd turn Leia over to the Dark Side? <3

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Mark's probably voicing Terra, and I think he's perfect for the role; remember that cry of anger he gave as Luke in Return of The Jedi when Vader said he'd turn Leia over to the Dark Side? <3

Agreed. If he can pull off that scream, just imagine the scream he does when

Terra submits to darkness

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Yeah, I'm imagining it. :3 And it's insanely epic in my mind. <3

Also imagine Mark doing the speech Terra gives right before the scream... <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Mmm...I like that idea...AHHH! Mark Hamill is going to be awesome as Terra if it happens! We'd have to enjoy it while we can...considering Richard Epcar is gonna be Terranort. Then no more Hamill-awesomeness

Millenious

I'm just glad that they picked up some good voices for the roles and not some damn disney kids with no talent

Mark's got enough years under his belt to be good as Terra or Eraqus and Willa Holland has a voice that can fit the stronger yet still feminine sound of Aqua

After first hearing the line that Nimoy said in te trailer i was thinking that it was off and strange for such a deep sounding voice, but after imagining him speaking more roles and trusting his years of acting he starts to seem more and more of a fit.

I even imagined him voicing right off the bat today as i was reading english screens, it was awesome and exciting that it seemed so....right.

Sempied

I'm just glad that they picked up some good voices for the roles and not some damn disney kids with no talent
*Listens to Hope from Final Fantasy XIII VA*

Nope I cannot agree to that.

Dclone

After seeing some of these names, I can say I am quite pleased w/SE choices. I think Willa Holland is a great choice for Aqua. From making an assumption of what she'll do, her voice isnt too low or too high for Aqua. It's that perfect level of maturity for the character.

Leonard Nimoy is fantastic for Master Xehanort, he's old and gravely, but still full of experience. (In a sense of the character and Nimoy himself)

As for Mark Hamill, not knowing who he's playing yet, I can't say much there. After we know who he's playing, I'll be able to comment further.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

Aqua's VA could have been any random Caucasian female from age 21-35 and she would have been alright. I was never worried about her voice in the first place.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Is the ability to do an awesome angry scream really the most important thing for a character like Terra, though?

I'd think that Terra's vulnerability would be far more important, since the pain that Terra's darkness causes him is a huge portion of his character.

And Luke Skywalker's not the best example of that (for which we should be glad, considering George Lucas' apparent definition of "vulnerability" is Slave Leia).

Aqua's VA could have been any random Caucasian female from age 21-35 and she would have been alright. I was never worried about her voice in the first place.

Actually, I think Aqua's VA could have gone bad easily, because she can't be either too girly or too butch. And they chose a good middle-ground.

YUPPP

Is the ability to do an awesome angry scream really the most important thing for a character like Terra, though?

I'd think that Terra's vulnerability would be far more important, since the pain that Terra's darkness causes him is a huge portion of his character.

And Luke Skywalker's not the best example of that (for which we should be glad, considering George Lucas' apparent definition of "vulnerability" is Slave Leia).

You do know Mark Hamill has done more characters than Luke Skywalker and Joker right? You can't base what he can or can't do based off those two characters.

EDIT: But I agree there is more to Terra than his scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back