• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I'm saying, if Disney is making the casting to "In house" because they want to keep it low budget... it's going to be a Disney Actress (for Aqua)

Jesse McCartney has confirmed as Ven, so he's set... but otherwise...

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

the miley/selena ect. girls seem too young.. >~>

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

i really dont think miley cyrus would even think of doing her role

does she even have experience in voice acting?

plus her accent doesnt go with aqua

She VA'd for Bolt where she sounded nothing like herself, and lost the accent for The Last Song so neither are a problem.

Now it's whether or not Miley could actually balance out doing sweet but also serious. Personally, as much as I like her, I'd rather she not do Aqua.

Ashley Tisdale (on Phineas and Ferb)

She's the only person I could imagine doing a VA for KH that could fit, but even then I'm not sure if she would fit as Aqua. It's the same deal for her as it is for Miley.

But if it has to be Disney my pick would be between Miley and Ashley because from what I can tell their voices are the most mature. Selena sounds too young to do an Aqua but perfect for a Kairi.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well, lets all hope that they haven't made it "In house"

Lonbilly

Awards

Well, lets all hope that they haven't made it "In house"

I hope so, too. KH has never been in house, so if they do that this time it's gonna make me wanna push mute if the voices suck.

Especially if one of the Jonas Hoe's voice Terra, or any of those kids for that matter.

Don't screw us over SE.

Lonbilly

Awards

I wouldn't mind him either. I could picture him doing Riku more than Sora, though.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

I hope it isn't in house or else I'm just going to order the japanese version or be stuck muteing half of the game.
There is only a slight possibilty if they do make it to in-house that we might be suprised and they might sound good...
BUT PLEASE SQUARE-ENIX. DO NOT WANT A JONAS OR CYRUS/GOMEZ/LOVATO TO VA TERRA OR AQUA IN KH.

madammina

I would mostly just prefer regual Voice Actors though... not Celebrities. Frankie gets a pass since he is young and tied up more in the "Jonas" deal than anything... he could be a VA if he wants.

Otherwise though...

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

If they do use an "in house" voice, I hope it works. Sort of how McCartney worked for Roxas.

Edit: Yeah, Frankie is young, he would be okay as a little Sora or Riku, and it would maybe make him a good voice actor in the future.

YUPPP

I hope so, too. KH has never been in house, so if they do that this time it's gonna make me wanna push mute if the voices suck.

Especially if one of the Jonas Hoe's voice Terra, or any of those kids for that matter.

Don't screw us over SE.

If one of the Joe bros voices Terra I'll never pick up the English copy of BBS.

Nomura said the English voice acting was done well. So that put my mind at ease a little bit.

madammina

If one of the Joe bros voices Terra I'll never pick up the English copy of BBS.

Don't you think you are overblowing it. While I don't want a Jo Bro as Terra, what if they do a good job? Will you still not buy it? And you are dismissing it out of hand because of WHO plays them without ever hearing their work as the character?

I really hate the hate for the Disney Actors. While I may not want them (at least since I have not heard their work as a VA... besides Frankie) I really think you are going overboard.

YUPPP

Don't you think you are overblowing it. While I don't want a Jo Bro as Terra, what if they do a good job? Will you still not buy it? And you are dismissing it out of hand because of WHO plays them without ever hearing their work as the character?

I really hate the hate for the Disney Actors. While I may not want them (at least since I have not heard their work as a VA... besides Frankie) I really think you are going overboard.

Lol, you're right.
It's just I've sadly seen there show and they just can't act for shit.
I would if one of them got cast and ruin Terra since I think he is an awesome character.

I would still grab a copy but I'd mute it. And that is the truth.

madammina

You have issues with Jonas, okay.

But a VA works differently from an actual actor.
My favorite VA

Also, Pete, Taz, Ray, Fuzzy Lumpkins, and so on....

And

Mark Hamill as the Joker.

They work differently and they really allow themselves to let loose. While I don't know if a Jonas would be Terra... or how good they would be... it would be a completely different experience.

And muting? For EVERYONE?
edit: One more!

Yes, first one is Xigbar.

YUPPP

And muting? For EVERYONE?

No for Terra. Aqua too if her voice is annoying. Not Ven though since I think McCartney does a pretty good job (for the most part.)

And yes Mark Hamil is great. I didn't watch the first one but I assume that was Jim Cummings.

But the difference is that Hamil is an actor. While the Jo Bros are musicians and only act for the money. Not because they enjoy to act,like Hamil, but because Disney pays them shit loads of money to.

That one actor wasn't Xigbar he was Tidus from FFX. James Patrick Stuart voices Xigbar.

madammina

So (to turn it around) if you say they aren't actors... why do you hate them?

If they are under contract with Disney, then what Disney wants, they have to do.

And how much of this is motivated by sheer, unadulterated, hatred of Jonas/Cyrus/Levato/Gomez/etc for no reason? If they're bad, they're bad.

But are you not even giving them a chance?

YUPPP

So (to turn it around) if you say they aren't actors... why do you hate them?

If they are under contract with Disney, then what Disney wants, they have to do.

And how much of this is motivated by sheer, unadulterated, hatred of Jonas/Cyrus/Levato/Gomez/etc for no reason? If they're bad, they're bad.

But are you not even giving them a chance?

No no no. I don't have hatred for any Disney Channel stars. I don't feel hatred nor love for them. I just don't care for them. I didn't mean to come off as me hating them. However, I don't want them voicing KH characters.

I do agree, however, that I should keep an open mind. I didn't for McCartney and he surprised the shit out of me. But then again Stoner didn't do very well. I'll reserve judgment until I know who voices who.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

No no no. I don't have hatred for any Disney Channel stars. I don't feel hatred nor love for them. I just don't care for them. I didn't mean to come off as me hating them. However, I don't want them voicing KH characters.

I do agree, however, that I should keep an open mind. I didn't for McCartney and he surprised the shit out of me. But then again Stoner didn't do very well. I'll reserve judgment until I know who voices who.

Why don't you want them? There are plenty of disney stars that have voiced for KH and have done a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back