• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Terra - I actuall don't mind Terra's voice. He does have some good lines.
Aqua - Aqua is great to me! Actually, after I saw the revised version of the Gamespot trailer, she sounds a lot better.
Ventus - I always liked Jesse as Roxas, and he does just as good of a job as Ven :)
Master Xehanort - I couldn't get used to his voice for MX at first, but it really grew on me!
Master Eraqus - Hmmm...Idk about this one. Some of his lines sound like the Joker when he talks seriously. I just imagined his voice sounding more wise and with more age, like in the japanese version.
Vanitas - Very good. Better than I expected.
Mickey - Cannot get over it. To me, he just sounds like a Wayne Allwine impersonater. I know, I'm sure that's what Disney wanted, but I think my only problem is is that he does his voice too high. I listened to it after I lowered the sound key on my computer's audio manager, and it sounds PERFECT! lol
Ansem - Can't get over this either! It just irritates me. There's just a HUGE difference between Christopher Lee and Corey Burton's voices. Christopher Lee's voice has that deep, wise, and aged tone to it. Corey Burton's just sounds like a regular british man with no substance. It would've been somewhat better if he would've done Ansem's voice with the voice he uses for Yen Sid's.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Ansem - Can't get over this either! It just irritates me. There's just a HUGE difference between Christopher Lee and Corey Burton's voices. Christopher Lee's voice has that deep, wise, and aged tone to it. Corey Burton's just sounds like a regular british man with no substance. It would've been somewhat better if he would've done Ansem's voice with the voice he uses for Yen Sid's.

I don't understand the reasoning for that. Then Ansem would sound just like Yen Sid. Maybe if Yen Sid wasn't already in the game, then it might work, but since he is, it, well, doesn't imo.

Awards

I don't understand the reasoning for that. Then Ansem would sound just like Yen Sid. Maybe if Yen Sid wasn't already in the game, then it might work, but since he is, it, well, doesn't imo.

I know it doesn't work. That's the problem. *sigh*....

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

You know who is pretty awesome? Isa. :eek:

Sempied

• Terra: 8/10. While i've only seen bits and pieces of Ikaiyu i'd originally put him down as 5 from the Gamespot trailer, however the Gamescom really showed some more light on him. That, and it was really nice to know Jason had fun to hone Terra in the recordings from what we heard from the interview.
  • Ven: 10/10. Jesse is easily noticeable that he enjoyed doing it, the fact that he could alos variate his voice above to differentiate of him, and Roxas.
  • Aqua: 5.5/10. I can;t say I "hate" her as she does sound great in battle, and some scenes, but as for the command board, and the Gamescom trailer I was very dissapointed. Whenever she tries t sound happy she has the same tone she does with her being somewhat sad to see Terra falling to the darkness. Barely above Alyson Stoner here.
  • Eraqus: 9/10. It like Vanitas is a different take, but fits very well, that and Mark Hamill knew what he was doing so I have a safe bet for him.
  • MX: 7/10. I've gotten used to him. However it's the odd delivery of lines that I feel the script did with him pronouncing Van-Eat-Us, and when he said "See more Worlds!" it sounded like he was almost happy about it.
  • Vanitas: 9/10. He really nailed it, the laugh is much more better than what I thought of the original japanese laugh that sounded so scripted. I won't say "He' the best!", or anything. He pulled it off nicely, but Van still has that other side we need more to hear

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

I had a field day with the Jason Dohring videos on Youtube, just thought I'd let you all know. Seeing any videos of him makes me giddy inside now.

Went on the front page (dammit, the keychains are sold out!) and didn't see anything mentioning Jason. Are you guys just waiting for a confirmation or....?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I had a field day with the Jason Dohring videos on Youtube, just thought I'd let you all know. Seeing any videos of him makes me giddy inside now.

Went on the front page (dammit, the keychains are sold out!) and didn't see anything mentioning Jason. Are you guys just waiting for a confirmation or....?

Well, we've already accepted it and stuff, but I don't think a news mod has decided to post this yet. The interview we have is proof enough, but the person who decides to post this news has to validate it.

I'm sure it will be on the main page soon.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

It's on wikipedia (if that counts for anything, lol.)

sonickenshin

Awards

Raz said:
You know who is pretty awesome? Isa. :eek:
I agree with this. Didn't think Kirk Thornton could sound like that.

Last edited:

Lady-Lee

Awards

i go away for a week and come back to a trailer and a confirmation of who terra is. I busted a gut laughing at the people who thought it was christian bale.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

i go away for a week and come back to a trailer and a confirmation of who terra is. I busted a gut laughing at the people who thought it was christian bale.

Psh, it was Christian bale he just had to quit to do batman.

dont flame me im kidding

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

lol no flaming from me. I thought it was hamill at first

Lmao! Well, a group of us were hoping it was Hamill because of the SW connections BBS has.

Psh, it was Christian bale he just had to quit to do batman.

dont flame me im kidding

I believe this statement! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back