• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Isa's VA is the same VA as Saix - Kirk Thornton.

Like MomentoMori said, Isa's VA is the same as Saix's VA. The voice will probably be just like Saix's voice except a little younger. I mean Lea sounded exactly like Axel in the Japanese version.

Yes i know that, but we already explained this before, Kirk Thornton never had a young role before, plus his voice is very old. we'll seee what he sounds like. but i'm still hoping it sounds good

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Yes i know that, but we already explained this before, Kirk Thornton never had a young role before, plus his voice is very old. we'll seee what he sounds like. but i'm still hoping it sounds good

Uh, no. Leonard Nimoy's voice is very old. Kirk's voice isn't all that old.

Allister Rose

French Lover

Uh, no. Leonard Nimoy's voice is very old. Kirk's voice isn't all that old.

missing the point. i mean't he sounds too old to sound as young as a child, but i've seen some VA's pull it off, let's see how Kirk does

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

missing the point. i mean't he sounds too old to sound as young as a child, but i've seen some VA's pull it off, let's see how Kirk does

I think he'll do fine. And Isa and Lea are...what? 14? And did you notice that sometimes the voices sound a little older than the character's age?

Allister Rose

French Lover

I think he'll do fine. And Isa and Lea are...what? 14? And did you notice that sometimes the voices sound a little older than the character's age?

true, but Quinton has always sounded a little younger. i think he can pull it off, but Kirk's voice is so mature and low-toned. i know they would always sound a little older, but i hope he doesn't sound like a full adult

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Actually in the Japanese version Lea sounded exactly like Axel and surprisingly it fitted despite the fact that Lea was about 14. Even the Japanese Isa voice didn't sound too far off from the Saix voice. I wouldn't worry.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Actually in the Japanese version Lea sounded exactly like Axel and surprisingly it fitted despite the fact that Lea was about 14. Even the Japanese Isa voice didn't sound too far off from the Saix voice. I wouldn't worry.

I'm not worried, I was just making an observation (for the record - Quinton sounds a little young for his age anyway. :p). Actually I had Terra in mind when I made that observation, because his Japanese voice is a little bit old for him. He's supposed to be my age, give or take a year, but he sounded like he was in his mid-20s. It still suited him, IMO, but still. As I said, just an observation. I notice that it tends to happen a lot with Japanese voices more than it does English voices.

Sempied

...You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying why bother getting another voice actress when they have all of the lines already recorded for Kairi? It doesn't make sense for them to spend more money on re-casting Kairi since they can just simply use KH1 Kairi's audio files because Kairi doesn't say anything new other than what she said from KH1. THAT'S what makes no sense.
From what I understood 358/2 Days, and Re:CoM were under low budget dubbing compared to games like KH2, and BBS. (358/2 Days had few scenes to voice, and Re:CoM just hired all the same/except for Corey Burton, and Hayden)

SE probably didn't want to spend more at the time to take Hayden out of her schedule for just so few amount of lines. Should they of recycled the lines? Yes. However where does that leave Xion?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

From what I understood 358/2 Days, and Re:CoM were under low budget dubbing compared to games like KH2, and BBS. (358/2 Days had few scenes to voice, and Re:CoM just hired all the same/except for Corey Burton, and Hayden)

SE probably didn't want to spend more at the time to take Hayden out of her schedule for just so few amount of lines. Should they of recycled the lines? Yes. However where does that leave Xion?

Leaves Alyson doing her lines as Xion and Hayden doing her lines as Kairi.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Leaves Alyson doing her lines as Xion and Hayden doing her lines as Kairi.

The emphasis here is that Kairi and Xion are supposed to have the same voice, they can't pretend that's the case if they mismatch the actresses for the same game. In prior games it can't be helped, but it cost them nothing additional to have Alyson redo Kairi's two lines in the game, she was there anyway and they still had to import the files, I guarantee Alyson didn't get an additional salary for playing Kairi.

Also, Alyson didn't voice Kairi because she voiced Xion, it's the other way around. Alyson Stoner played Kairi first in Re:CoM and I'm guessing that was easier and cheaper than pulling Hayden in, so when Days casting rolled around Kairi had already been recast. Is that cheap and possibly less effective? Yes, but that's the business.

Now, Hayden could possibly come back: look at DiZ. Christopher Lee came back for Days after missing Re:CoM, however I'm more apt to believing and just accepting that Alyson is the new Kairi and again, she really isn't bad at it.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

^ Please god no. Get that immediately out fo your head. She only did 2 projects and the majority of fans still want Hayden

ZiggyK

^ Please god no. Get that immediately out fo your head. She only did 2 projects and the majority of fans still want Hayden

Well we've never had Alyson voice KH2 Kairi, maybe shes just a replacement for KH1 Kairi seeing as Hayden's voice is too old for younger Kairi now.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I really hope they get Hayden back. I mean, yeah, Alyston voiced Kairi in two low-budget projects... but look at Christopher Lee as Diz. Re:COM had a low budget and couldn't afford to get him but in 358/2 days they got Christopher Lee back and he'll most likely voice Ansem in BBS as well. Hopefully the same will apply to Kairi because after hearing KH2 Kairi's voice it would seem VERY odd to hear Alyston Stoner playing as her in her KH2 form.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I really hope they get Hayden back. I mean, yeah, Alyston voiced Kairi in two low-budget projects... but look at Christopher Lee as Diz. Re:COM had a low budget and couldn't afford to get him but in 358/2 days they got Christopher Lee back and he'll most likely voice Ansem in BBS as well. Hopefully the same will apply to Kairi because after hearing KH2 Kairi's voice it would seem VERY odd to hear Alyston Stoner playing as her in her KH2 form.

You know, if Christopher is coming back, and they redub the Jump Festa trailer...

Wow, that's gonna be epic :D

αsiя

space coke

lol Luke, Spock, and Count Dooku in the same room.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

You know, if Christopher is coming back, and they redub the Jump Festa trailer...

Wow, that's gonna be epic :D

Christopher Lee was the highlight in KH2's voice acting in my opinion.

asir said:
lol Luke, Spock, and Count Dooku in the same room.
Only in Kingdom Hearts... only in Kingdom Hearts...

ZiggyK

Christopher Lee was the highlight in KH2's voice acting in my opinion.

I agree, I loved DiZ's character. He was one of the few good characters in KH2. I also hated Richard Epcar in KH2, but he was surprisingly good in Re: CoM. It was like watching Billy Zane again.. well not quite.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Slightly off topic but I think it is because Christopher Lee is so made of win that this automatically became my favorite cutscene in KH2:
[video=youtube;R7bah7V18LA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7bah7V18LA[/video]
That and when you play BBS, you realize just how important and powerful that discussion between Ansem and Xemnas really is.

ZiggyK

Slightly off topic but I think it is because Christopher Lee is so made of win that this automatically became my favorite cutscene in KH2:
[video=youtube;R7bah7V18LA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7bah7V18LA[/video]
That and when you play BBS, you realize just how important and powerful that discussion between Ansem and Xemnas really is.

Yeah, it is a good scene, but I digress.

Christopher Lee makes it good though.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I agree, I loved DiZ's character. He was one of the few good characters in KH2. I also hated Richard Epcar in KH2, but he was surprisingly good in Re: CoM. It was like watching Billy Zane again.. well not quite.

In Epcar's defense, he really didn't have much to go on when he did KH2 (which came out before Re:CoM, yes?) because he said in an interview that he hadn't seen Zane's performance before going into the recording studio, and the directors really aren't much help when it comes to the voice acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back