• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Am I the only one who thinks Terra and MX are actually perfect? I saw no flaw in Terra and MX actually sounds awesome in my opinion. The thing I really like about Leonard Nimoy as Xehanort is that it actually sounds like MX is a real old man instead of a 40 year old trying to do a Darth Sidious impression (japanese version) and I actually think Terra's voice sounds BETTER than the Japanese version by a bunch.

As for Aqua... her first 30 seconds weren't very good but she improved in the later scenes.

And whoever said she sounded worst than Minu Suvari doesn't know what their talking about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What was off exactly??

(TWENTY FIVE CHARACTERS!!!!!)

The lack of sound effects. When terra is asking MX what he failed to learn. The mouth goes faster than his voice for a few seconds.

-has been holding back her Nimoy love for hours but is ready to let it go- NIMOY WAS AMAZING IN THIS TRAILER YES YES YES YES! I LOVED HIM AND KNEW HE WOULD DO GREAT HIS LINES WERE LIKE AHHHHH AND I WAS LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

VANITAS!

/endcaps

Awards

The lack of sound effects. When terra is asking MX what he failed to learn. The mouth goes faster than his voice for a few seconds.

-has been holding back her Nimoy love for hours but is ready to let it go- NIMOY WAS AMAZING IN THIS TRAILER YES YES YES YES! I LOVED HIM AND KNEW HE WOULD DO GREAT HIS LINES WERE LIKE AHHHHH AND I WAS LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

VANITAS!

/endcaps

Well there were no sound effects in the japanese trailer either.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well there were no sound effects in the japanese trailer either.

Yes there were. Things like the charms clinking, Unversed exploding, Keyblade summoning, etc. All these sounds were missing from the E3 trailer. Made it sound really empty.

αsiя

space coke

Vanitas
Disney Characters
MX
Ven
Eraqus
Aqua
Terra

From favorite to least favorite

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

αsiя;5103219 said:
Vanitas
Disney Characters
MX
Ven
Eraqus
Aqua
Terra

From favorite to least favorite

WHAT? Terra was your least favorite?

I'm actually really surprised at people hating Terra's VA because I actually think he's better than the Japanese version. But hey, each to their own I guess.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

Eraqus (Eraqus!Hamill FTW 4ever!)
MX
Vanitas
Ven
Terra
Aqua
^ My list.

I liked Aqua's VAing but it did not sound very good when she was saying her line during the beginning. Her acting didn't sound like it had very much emotion nor did it match Aqua's facial expressions very well. Terra was okay but i'm still getting used to his voice since i've heard the JP Terra's voice so many times that anything else sounds off imo.

Awards

I liked them all, except for Fairy Godmother. lol. she sounded retarded. Mickey kinda sounded weird to me too, and it's not cuz it's Bret Iwan, cuz I've heard him as Mickey already, but he sounds weird in this trailer. I wanna see what he sounds like talking.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I liked them all, except for Fairy Godmother. lol. she sounded retarded. Mickey kinda sounded weird to me too, and it's not cuz it's Bret Iwan, cuz I've heard him as Mickey already, but he sounds weird in this trailer. I wanna see what he sounds like talking.

Well to be fair all we heard from Mickey was grunts. And the fact that there was no splash sound effect made it sound VERY weird.

Awards

Well to be fair all we heard from Mickey was grunts. And the fact that there was no splash sound effect made it sound VERY weird.

Well i know, that's why im really anticipating to hear how he speaks.

A

AntiHero113

Re: Confirmed VAs

Hey All I'm new to this but i think I may have stummbled on to whois voicing terra, that is if someone hasn't already posted this:

Christian Bale! I found this on IMDB.com, It also contains all the other voice actors in the game! I find it to be a reliable source but judge for yourselves! Here is the link.

Kingudamu hâtsu: Bâsu bai surîpu (2010) (VG)

Last edited:

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Re: Confirmed VAs

Hey All I'm new to this but i think I may have stummbled on to whois voicing terra, that is if someone hasn't already posted this:

Christian Bale! I found this on IMDB.com, It also contains all the other voice actors in the game! I find it to be a reliable source but judge for yourselves! Here is the link.

Kingudamu hâtsu: Bâsu bai surîpu (2010) (VG)

Thank you, but IMDB isn't a reliable source considering the way it switches back and forth between Christian Bale and a random person every other day... Although, I would fangirl so hard if Bale was Terra.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Terra's English VA is obviously not Christian Bale. The end.

Also, obligatory "Willa Holland is terrible"/"Nemoy/Hamill/HJO is rawk" comment.

Sempied

Am I the only one who thinks Terra and MX are actually perfect? I saw no flaw in Terra and MX actually sounds awesome in my opinion. The thing I really like about Leonard Nimoy as Xehanort is that it actually sounds like MX is a real old man instead of a 40 year old trying to do a Darth Sidious impression (japanese version) and I actually think Terra's voice sounds BETTER than the Japanese version by a bunch.

As for Aqua... her first 30 seconds weren't very good but she improved in the later scenes.

And whoever said she sounded worst than Minu Suvari doesn't know what their talking about.
I can side with this. Terra and MX sounded great, however in the gameplay videos his WANT SOME? line sounded very off for his character.

Aqua line at the beginning was very deadpan, but Willa got better over time her hes not as weak as you think, and Cinderella scenes sounded better. As well with she might have just started getting into character for Aqua in the opening compared to where she sounds more into it later in.

I still can not wait to see if hjo can pull of the laugh, he nailed the cold bastard voice, but wat of is bats**t crazy mode?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

however in the gameplay videos his WANT SOME? line sounded very off for his character.

That was the funniest part of the trailer for me because of how that is now being used in my school(we're slow at this stuff xD) and all I could was just imagine my friend saying that. Personally, I love it xD

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I think JHO is probably doing the best he can, but I liked Miyu Irino a lot better :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back