• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I like all the voices. I'm very satisfied, but also annoyed by all the hate going around. Really the only person excluded from the hate is Vanitas, but his voice <3

So I was talking to some people about the trailers, and they brought up how the early FF13 trailers also sounded a bit...off, to say the least. But there was a significant improvement in the actual game, so I'm guessing the VAing will improve once the other 4 or 5 trailers are released.

Edit: I really like one of Terra's battle quotes, when he says "Say goodbye!" :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I like Aqua's quote at the end, and her battlecry.

Vanitas <3.

Lol...Raining Sora...wait...this isn't the 3DS thread. XD I just can't get over that.

Is it Bale?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Like i said in the FF.Net PM, I got over it and the voice has grown on me. The trailer suffered from bad editing. Only Hamill and Vanitas had good lip syncing and Vanitas is in a helmet. Oh, and MX had lip syncing. There were no sound effects, so that killed it. I think when we get the other five or so trailers, Aqua will be amazing.

Actually there was a great lip synching for Aqua when she said "He's not as weak as you think..." XD

I'm gonna say that only Hamill and Vanitas had the best moments in the trailer. XD I wonder if the editing team either just didn't do anything, or if they actually took the time to f*ck this trailer up.

Honestly, who forgets to put in the background noises?! And it's only a rehash of TGS2009, which DID include background noises! It's like they want to f*ck everyone over. :C

And again, Aqua sounded great in the gameplay video (and her cutscene with Jaq <3)

I think part of the hate is the fact Willa happened to be in a show called Gossip Girl (that was the first thing I noticed about the complaints about Willa a month ago, before any audio was released; "F*CK IT'S THAT B*TCH FROM GOSSIP GIRL!!! AQUA'S GONNA SUCK!!! *FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!*") =/ And no, I've never seen the show.

The other part of the hate is the result of bad editing/scene choosing on the trailer, as I said before. Plus, this IS Willa's first time voice acting. And from what I've heard, Willa sounds pretty good.

Had the trailer included the cutscene with Jaq, instead of being a rehash of TGS2009, I think the overall opinion on Willa would be different. :C

Awards

Actually to comment on the lip-syncing: it's not off. Basically they used what Aqua said as a narration, cuz when you look at the trailer when she's holding up the charms, she says "nothing can ever drive you apart", but if you look at the screenshot of that scene she says "I made us good luck charms", and if you read her lips on the trailer u can see that she's saying "I made us good luck charms". The only lip sycing I saw that was completely off was Captain Hook.

AND BTW! I got flamed MAJOR for saying that HJO is Vanitas, cuz I was really excited and I didn't put it in spoiler tags, but on here it isn't in spoiler tags, and no one is saying anything.

Dragon Sword

I know you guys said no wiki or IMD or whatever. But if u listen closely to Terra in the E3 trailer, it really sounds like Christian Bale using a lighter tone in his voice.

DarMar106

So do we know who is Terra's VA? I'm not believing the whole Bale thing until its confirmed officially. And ive listening to all the English Terra clips available, and compared them to his voice in Dark Knight, and Howl's Moving Castle. To me they sound nothing alike. I'm not gonna stoke the fire like what happen with the Nimoy/Xehanort battle, although i was on the winning side on that one

But anyhoo ya, i really dont think it sound like bale

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It was off at times. Was done of most of everybody but you can tell this trailer was rushed a bit.

I'm still happy about Vanitas. HJO did the best job ever.

Dragon Sword

UR comparing Terra's voice with Batman's from The Dark Knight? Of course they're not going to sound alike!

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Willa actually sounds good here. 8D This is what I was talking about earlier.

DarMar106

No of course not, i was thinking his Bruce Wayne voice

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I watched the trailer. The editing was utter CRAP. I have nothing agianst the VA's. That trailer made the game seem less of what it will probably be.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

lol at Hamill not being Terra xD
Just lol.
Anyways, I loved Vanitas' voice and I thought Terra's VA did a great job.

raycat27_2003

Awards

When exactly was it confirmed that HJO was voing Vanitas???? I didn't see it in the trailer

raycat27_2003

Awards

Watch his KH2 interview on Youtube, and then watch Vanitas in the trailer again. But, at least ur not thinking that he's voice by Mark Hamill like one retard on here did. lol

Really?? Wow. I had a feeling that Hamill was voicing Erauqs and he sounds like a happy Fire Lord Ozai. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back