• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

^ He's mistaking Mark Hamill to have played the Joker in The Dark Knight. Should have said two actors from the Batman franchise. ^_^

Sempied

I DO read the posts, obviously you aren't because you keep missing things I'm saying. I'm saying I KNOW it's not going to be confirmed until the release of BBS so stop saying that! But what I am saying is that I'm tired of you saying HJO is going to voice Vanitas as if it's a fact and confirmed, which it is not. The only proof you have is Vanitas face looking like Sora, which isn't enough. HJO does NOT need to voice Vanitas just for that reason, they could easily get someone else to do it. I'm not denying the possibilities of HJO being Vanitas but stop saying it like it's a fact!
It's not just the face. It's fact that due to Miyu Irino also voiced him. [I]And Nomura also confirming the full blown reason is his face[/I], and SE wouldn't change up the VA's for consistency sake it would really piss a lot./irk a lot of people.

What proof do you have for Mark Hamill? None. (Other than an insane laugh)

1. It's fact because Nomura has practically said it with downplay that he will.
2. He confirms Vanitas face as a core reason why in his BBS ultimania interview as a fact
3. SE won't say HJO until afterward
4. Consistency sake/people getting really butthurt of their favorite characters getting a VA change. (We have Mark voice Vanitas in BBS, and then straight out of nowhere we go back to Sora having HJO?) Yeah tell me twice people won;t be confuzzled by that.
5. HJO Does in act have vocal range contrary to belief.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Was it confirmed who Mark Hamill was voicing? I never believe youtube comments but I just wanted to make sure that MH character is still unknown (I HUGELY want it to be Terra though)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Nah, it isn't confirmed who Hammil is voicing. Only speculation.

DarMar106

Ya we have to wait an see people, remember of of the younger actors voices change and technology can only do so much. Sure a VA is annoying but its something we accept

lopkit

would you guys imagine hamill voicing as vanitas?

Hamill is the only one that can make an evil voice :)

Venitas

you know, i was just replaying kh2, and godammit i wish Crispin Freeman was voicing Terra. he'd b AMAZING

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

It's gonna be Haley Joel Osment. The reason is a spoiler, but I'll tell you why if you ask.

Anyway, many people speculate Hamill will be voicing Terra, and that's a nice switch. After all, Hamill hasn't played the role of a good guy since...well...

LukeSkywalkerROTJV2Wallpaper.jpg

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

It's not just the face. It's fact that due to Miyu Irino also voiced him. [I]And Nomura also confirming the full blown reason is his face[/I], and SE wouldn't change up the VA's for consistency sake it would really piss a lot./irk a lot of people.

What proof do you have for Mark Hamill? None. (Other than an insane laugh)

1. It's fact because Nomura has practically said it with downplay that he will.
2. He confirms Vanitas face as a core reason why in his BBS ultimania interview as a fact
3. SE won't say HJO until afterward
4. Consistency sake/people getting really butthurt of their favorite characters getting a VA change. (We have Mark voice Vanitas in BBS, and then straight out of nowhere we go back to Sora having HJO?) Yeah tell me twice people won;t be confuzzled by that.
5. HJO Does in act have vocal range contrary to belief.

I'm not saying Mark Hamill is Vanitas, you idiot! Stop assuming things that I never say and mis-understanding what I say. It's like you're purposely skimming my posts without thinking about them!
And how is it going to piss people off if HJO won't be Vanitas. And how will people be confused? Vanitas only has the FACE of Sora, he ISN'T Sora. It's not going to be inconsistent because Vanitas is a different character. It's not confusing at all because it does NOT need to be like that. People are still going to get that "HOLY CRAP!" moment when they see Sora's face under Vanitas mask with or without HJO. People aren't going to go "Oh, it makes no sense if Vanitas isn't voiced by HJO!!!"
And AGAIN (I've been saying this a million times but you STILL don't get it) I'm NOT, I repeat, NOOOT denying the POSSIBILITIES of Vanitas being voiced by HJO, but it is NOT confirmed so you should NOT call it a FACT!

(Rant over unless next response continues to tick me off)

Last edited:

Ivinator

Sempied, let me get this straight. You're saying that HJO WILL voice Vanitas just because Miyu Irino voiced him in the Japanese version? Where is your solid proof? I'll believe you when you can show us good proof. Just saying that he will because he and Miyu Irino voiced Sora isn't going to work.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Sempied, let me get this straight. You're saying that HJO WILL voice Vanitas just because Miyu Irino voiced him in the Japanese version? Where is your solid proof? I'll believe you when you can show us good proof. Just saying that he will because he and Miyu Irino voiced Sora isn't going to work.

This i believe may need spoilers.

^ He's mistaking Mark Hamill to have played the Joker in The Dark Knight. Should have said two actors from the Batman franchise. ^_^

oh, and thank you...when i read that i was like....uhhhh.....
but they also said 2 from Star Wars...so i guess they were counting the same person twice.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Read this excerpt from the full Nomura interview in the BBS Ultimania:

Of course the reason you chose Miyu Irino for Vanitas’ voice is because they have the same face?

Nomura: Of course. Except he doesn’t sound anything like Sora, does he? Irino has kept saying from long before that he wanted to play an evil guy, so he got sort of carried away with it (laugh).

Nomura said it himself that the reason Miyu Irino was chosen for Vanitas was because they have the same face, just like why Kouki Uchiyama was chosen for Ven, since he and Roxas have the same face. Following this, we can assume that HJO will voice Vanitas since Jesse's voicing Ven, for consistency.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I'm not saying Mark Hamill is Vanitas, you idiot! Stop assuming things that I never say and mis-understanding what I say. It's like you're purposely skimming my posts without thinking about them!
And how is it going to piss people off if HJO won't be Vanitas. And how will people be confused? Vanitas only has the FACE of Sora, he ISN'T Sora. It's not going to be inconsistent because Vanitas is a different character. It's not confusing at all because it does NOT need to be like that. People are still going to get that "HOLY CRAP!" moment when they see Sora's face under Vanitas mask with or without HJO. People aren't going to go "Oh, it makes no sense if Vanitas isn't voiced by HJO!!!"
And AGAIN (I've been saying this a million times but you STILL don't get it) I'm NOT, I repeat, NOOOT denying the POSSIBILITIES of Vanitas being voiced by HJO, but it is NOT confirmed so you should NOT call it a FACT!

(Rant over unless next response continues to tick me off)

It'd piss me off if HJO wasn't Vanitas. Wouldn't be the full-effect of the whole point of Vanitas unless he's voiced by HJO. =/ Unless of course, the guy that were to voice Vanitas was also the new VA for Sora. Nomura states specifically that Vanitas was voiced by Miyu Irino because he had Sora's appearance. Vanitas was designed and casted for his seiyu because he is pretty much the evil version of Sora; face and voice. Therefore, by logical deduction, one can assume HJO will voice Vanitas, unless he has sadly stepped down as Sora's English Dub VA. I understand that you've accepted the possibility that HJO is voicing Vanitas, but you're just dragging this whole thing on and on, and seriously out of proportions.

You, sir, need to shut up and stop this pointless arguing. This is only pointless spamming.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

It'd piss me off if HJO wasn't Vanitas. Wouldn't be the full-effect of the whole point of Vanitas unless he's voiced by HJO. =/ Unless of course, the guy that were to voice Vanitas was also the new VA for Sora. Nomura states specifically that Vanitas was voiced by Miyu Irino because he had Sora's appearance. Vanitas was designed and casted for his seiyu because he is pretty much the evil version of Sora; face and voice. Therefore, by logical deduction, one can assume HJO will voice Vanitas, unless he has sadly stepped down as Sora's English Dub VA. I understand that you've accepted the possibility that HJO is voicing Vanitas, but you're just dragging this whole thing on and on, and seriously out of proportions.

You, sir, need to shut up and stop this pointless arguing. This is only pointless spamming.

You don't need HJO to get the whole effect. Just the fact that Vanitas looked like Sora to begin with is effect enough. I'm not saying it's impossible but I am saying that it's not a requirement for HJO to voice Vanitas and it's very possible for Vanitas to be voiced by someone else because Vanitas NEVER sounded like Sora in BBS despite having the same actor so it really doesn't matter who voices Vanitas as long as it sounds evil. And Vanitas and Sora are different characters, they only have the same face. Vanitas is an evil version of Ventus, which if you ever payed attention to the story you'd know why.

One can assume that but they can't treat it as fact. Believe me, I'm not denying the possibility but you can't say it's fact without it being confirmed, otherwise it's nothing but a guess. When the game comes out and he's right, THEN he can say "The voice IS" but until then it should be "I THINK the voice is"
For example, even though I'm 99% sure that Mark Hamill will be Terra I'm not going to say "Mark Hamill IS voicing Terra" I would say "I THINK Mark Hamill will be voicing Terra" There's a big difference in those sentences.

And I find it ironic how you're saying "SHUT UP AND STOP THE ARGUMENT!!!" when you yourself are continuing an argument that you weren't even a part of. When you join in an argument, posts are only going to increase.
And it's not spamming because the purpose of this thread is voice discussion which I am doing.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

LOL how is this Vanitas thing still going on?

Sure, there may not be concrete proof that HJO is playing Vanitas for sure but HJO=Vanitas has more backing considering the fact that Nomura specifically had Miyu voice him because Vanitas looked like Sora. Mark Hamill=Vanitas makes no sense what so ever apart from a laugh.
It would be stupid for Hamill to voice him because apart from the face, it was supposed to be a complete shock for someone to have Vanitas have Sora's voice. It tears him apart from just being a black haired Sora because people will recognize the voice y/y? Plus, as I said earlier, Nomura wanted Miyu to voice him because he had the same face as Sora.
Your idea was... Interesting, but it is highly unplausible for him to voice the character considering the circumstances.

I was thinking about this earlier, if Mark Hamill was to say voice Terra (This is just an example-), who would end up voicing Eraqus? They didn't mention anyone else who could be him.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

LOL how is this Vanitas thing still going on?

Sure, there may not be concrete proof that HJO is playing Vanitas for sure but HJO=Vanitas has more backing considering the fact that Nomura specifically had Miyu voice him because Vanitas looked like Sora. Mark Hamill=Vanitas makes no sense what so ever apart from a laugh.
It would be stupid for Hamill to voice him because apart from the face, it was supposed to be a complete shock for someone to have Vanitas have Sora's voice. It tears him apart from just being a black haired Sora because people will recognize the voice y/y? Plus, as I said earlier, Nomura wanted Miyu to voice him because he had the same face as Sora.
Your idea was... Interesting, but it is highly unplausible for him to voice the character considering the circumstances.

I was thinking about this earlier, if Mark Hamill was to say voice Terra (This is just an example-), who would end up voicing Eraqus? They didn't mention anyone else who could be him.

They DID mention someone else actually. I said Eraqus could probably be James Woods just because of the order. Now before I get a lot of hate comments, read the rest of the post. Again the order went:

Mark Hamill
Willa Holland
Jesse McCartney
Leonard Nimoy
James Wood

We know Holland is Aqua and McCartney is Ventus and we know Nimoy is Xehanort. I'm very certain they'll go with the TAV order but then there's two others so the full order would go TAVXE otherwise James Woods may be Vanitas (lol, someone is going to get at me again saying "NO SHUT THE f*** UP, VANITAS CAN ONLY BE VOICED BY *********")
I don't know, it's just that James Woods doesn't fit in the main cast if he was just playing as Hades, he'd have to play a major character or else they wouldn't have included him.

And who knows, if James Woods is Eraqus he might actually do good. Hades isn't his only voice after all.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign

They DID mention someone else actually. I said Eraqus could probably be James Woods just because of the order. Now before I get a lot of hate comments, read the rest of the post. Again the order went:

Mark Hamill
Willa Holland
Jesse McCartney
Leonard Nimoy
James Wood

We know Holland is Aqua and McCartney is Ventus and we know Nimoy is Xehanort. I'm very certain they'll go with the TAV order but then there's two others so the full order would go TAVXE otherwise James Woods may be Vanitas (lol, someone is going to get at me again saying "NO SHUT THE f*** UP, VANITAS CAN ONLY BE VOICED BY *********")
I don't know, it's just that James Woods doesn't fit in the main cast if he was just playing as Hades, he'd have to play a major character or else they wouldn't have included him.

And who knows, if James Woods is Eraqus he might actually do good. Hades isn't his only voice after all.

I highly doubt James Woods will be Terra. They'll find someone who doesn't have so unique of a natural voice to do him. James Woods is Hades, like always, there's really no reason to speculate that he'll play someone else. Just take a breather, regardless of whether people admit it, we know who's playing Vanitas, so that can be cut out too.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

Mark Hamill
Willa Holland
Jesse McCartney
Leonard Nimoy
James Wood

We know Holland is Aqua and McCartney is Ventus and we know Nimoy is Xehanort. I'm very certain they'll go with the TAV order but then there's two others so the full order would go TAVXE otherwise James Woods may be Vanitas (lol, someone is going to get at me again saying "NO SHUT THE f*** UP, VANITAS IS ONLY VOICED BY *********")

I was thinking that James Woods might've been voicing Eraqus but I just ended up dismissing it as them mentioning someone famous, although it was quite random to have Hades in TAVX.

I really hoped that Hamill would be Eraqus because I think his voice would fit him better than Terra but it does sort of make sense if it was Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back