• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Yesh, it is possible for Hammil to be voicing Vanitas :0

If you ask me, that might be good

especially if they are going to bring back Vanitas in future KH game(s)...because it would be like RE:CoM when Riku was talking to Repliku...and I thought that sounded stupid... but Vanitas is an entirely different person than Sora, Vanitas just looks like Sora, that doesn't mean he'll sound exactly the same as Sora does.

And from hearing Mark Hammil's Luke voice (nowadays)...I say he could pull it off...he could also do ME...and there's possibility that he could do Terra.

Last edited:

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

By the way, random thing I just noticed (it was probably mentioned before) but why is Vanitas not there in the trailer? That's a bit weird...

ATTENTION EVERYONE: If you look at the fall TGS trailer of BBS, it had the same clip! MX was present, but Vanitas wasn't! They just took that clip. It doesn't mean anything.

Later, in the winter trailer, it was replaced with both of them being present.

Sempied

Yesh, it is possible for Hammil to be voicing Vanitas :0
Facepalm-minus-anime.gif

For consistency sake everyone they won't. Your just asking for taking on a flame bait role.

That, and the face people, the face, Miyu Irino voiced him, so [U][I][B]will HJO[/B][/I][/U]. SE won't give Mark Hamill the role to stay consistent. You have no idea how much fanbase would be annoyed by that particular [U][I][B]VERY[/B][/I][/U] important VA having a swap.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Facepalm-minus-anime.gif

For consistency sake everyone they won't. Your just asking for taking on a flame bait role.

That, and the face people, the face, Miyu Irino voiced him, so [U][I][B]will HJO[/B][/I][/U]. SE won't give Mark Hamill the role to stay consistent. You have no idea how much fanbase would be annoyed by that particular [U][I][B]VERY[/B][/I][/U] important VA having a swap.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

you know there's something that exist in this site is called SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAP....I'm not awake yet....srre.....I edited it...but now all that's left for that, is to change the quote you have of me.
Sometimes I forget where I am.

YUPPP

Okay, so what? He sounds like the little green midget.

The whole trailer was shoddy itself. (Even using recycled old footage of Aqua original "Sexy" character model. The voice over/narration wasn't meant to be synced because of it's trailer view, that and SE probably put an old recording in to compensate with the promo.

Remember when everyone hated Jesse McCartney despite a short measily low amount of lines he said? Look at it now, and it's a practical coda he must be voiced by him.

This can be looked at the same way for Nimoy, and Xehanort. Sure I never watched Star Trek, except for the recent film, I didn't care for Nimoy, but I actually like MX voice even if it might be a previous recording. I'm going to be fair, and wait (On this games long ass wait it will have) until i'll give fair judgement, or at the least the E3 trailer.

I never hated McCartney, so no I don't remember. I honestly don't know how someone can listen to the Japanese MX then the English VA and not be bent out of shape.

Oh, for the umpteenth time, I'm not judging Nimoy's whole performance as Xehanort just in the trailer. Which sucked. Really bad.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

I think that for the best possible trailer at E3, they should just do an english version of the 2010 winter trailer. That was the best one by far.

Venitas

*sigh*
The reason I don't like MX's voice is because it doesn't sound...HUMAN.
I am around a lot of old people, and I have never heard one that sounded like Nimoy, unless they had a tracheotomy (sp?).
I prefer the Japanese VA because it actually sounds like an old man...ya know?

On a side note, i could see Yuri Lowenthal voicing Vanitas (I kno it wont happen...but has anybody played .hack//G.U??)

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com

Come on, guys, give Nimoy a chance, I'm sure it would turn out great in the finalization of the game before September release. It's just that he didn't put enough evil and sinister into his voice.

Nimoy's voice in trailer is only a demo of him, trying out the line and voicing MX for a first try or second try.

Sempied

I never hated McCartney, so no I don't remember. I honestly don't know how someone can listen to the Japanese MX then the English VA and not be bent out of shape.

Oh, for the umpteenth time, I'm not judging Nimoy's whole performance as Xehanort just in the trailer. Which sucked. Really bad.

I can, and what been presented for him being "Evil vs. Coy" stands still for me. Which was probably an old recording, albeit I admit it wasn't "good", but it wasn't "bad". To me it's just passable, but i'll bear with it until a full trailer.

I think that for the best possible trailer at E3, they should just do an english version of the 2010 winter trailer. That was the best one by far.

That trailer has heavy spoilers for the game, and was released after the game was. As much as I do think VA fans would love it, I doubt they'll go down that route sadly.

*sigh*
The reason I don't like MX's voice is because it doesn't sound...HUMAN.
I am around a lot of old people, and I have never heard one that sounded like Nimoy, unless they had a tracheotomy (sp?).
I prefer the Japanese VA because it actually sounds like an old man...ya know?

On a side note, i could see Yuri Lowenthal voicing Vanitas (I kno it wont happen...but has anybody played .hack//G.U??)
Nimoy did smoke in his past life, and that depends on your perception, and a persons vocal range. I could say I hate the sound of Paris Hilton voice as much of nails on a chalkboard, but I bear with it everytime I turn the channel to TV Guide to see whats on. Since it was probably an early recording he'lll probably sound better in an official larger trailer.

I can't see Lowenthal pulling that off, yes his Haseo was great. (And severely underrated I might add), but that type of pitch wouldn't fit Van's evil laugh/badass character.

Silver warrior

The one responsible for all this is the one's who release that trailer they should have put a better trailer with more voice actors to cover up for nimoy.

Sempied

The one responsible for all this is the one's who release that trailer they should have put a better trailer with more voice actors to cover up for nimoy.

s1gildragonin30years

Like they would know the reception. Everyone has mixed reception, and the reason the trailer is so shoddy is because it was a placeholder trailer for gamestop.

Silver warrior

s1gildragonin30years

Like they would know the reception. Everyone has mixed reception, and the reason the trailer is so shoddy is because it was a placeholder trailer for gamestop.

This was there fist English trailer they should have begun with a bang if they where gonna release a trailer.

Sempied

This was there fist English trailer they should have begun with a bang if they where gonna release a trailer.

Their saving that "bang" for E3, as I said this was originally just a placeholder trailer, and then we got the real release date (Which has had ill reception). If it were a big trailer it would've had all the characters voices. The trailer was just a shoddy compliment to come with the VA new, bundle, and release.

Walkway

I for one am so glad we have movie/tv actors doing most of the voice acting rather than convenntional anime voice actors.
I swear to goodness gracious, if Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal ever voice a main character in KH I will blow my gotdamn head off.

Also, I just watched star wars last night and I have to say Mark Hamill will make a fine Terra if that's who he's playing.

Silver warrior

Their saving that "bang" for E3, as I said this was originally just a placeholder trailer, and then we got the real release date (Which has had ill reception). If it were a big trailer it would've had all the characters voices. The trailer was just a shoddy compliment to come with the VA new, bundle, and release.

yeah but your not the one tired of hearing nimoy fangirls bitching up in this site.JK

Roxas_1113

I don't mean to diss Nimoy, but his voice in the trailer doesn't really fit MX. I know it may be a early recording but he sounded like Yoda-gone-pirate. When he says "power", it just sounds so wrong.

Raiinu K.D.

Awards

When he says "power", it just sounds so wrong.

Yeah. xD I love Mr. Nimoy, but I had to listen to the "...full of power" line a couple of times before I realized what he was saying. To me, it sounded like "farrapawaaah," lol.

thesupersakura

I hope that Terra's VA will be someone suiting like deep sexy mysterious voice. Someone told me it was Mark Hamill and I basically ripped my ears off. I dunno the two old guys, to me, are more fitting to play the obvious roles; two other old guys. Hoping Square-Enix doesn't fumble the ball and get a bad guy for Terra, bad enough they got Willa Holland for Aqua. Gossip girl and the OC meet KH? Uhm, no thanks. Her voice won't be powerful enough for me to be moved like I had been before, she is the Alyson Stoner of Birth By Sleep. I assume anyway, I mean I hope she does well but I'm not holding my breath on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back