• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Offical Riku IV Help Thread Returned

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takayu

I'm having problems beating the Riku right after you finish the Destiny Islands.

I threw away/sold all of my zero cards to the moogles (I should have know that was gonna come back to haunt me).

Is there any other good way to beat him?
My deck's filled with like twenty-something 9, 8, and 7 attack cards, four Cloud cards, fire, ice, gravity (which I know is totally useless against him), thunder, three aero, and I still can't beat him.

And I'm at level 83!

*goes off to sulk*

Last edited:
Y

yourmama1

ok get ride of magic cards put hih ranking atack cards and vexen and oogie boogie

Dragon rage

Kay, here's the deck I used: note: requires ALOT of CP so be at at what ever level breaks the 2500 CP limit, if possible if not, trial and error.:cursing:
lvl 9 cards:
3 Kingdom Keys, 2 Wishing Star, 1 olympia, 4 cure, 3 ethers, 2 hi-potions
lvl 8:
3 Kingdom Keys, 3 Three Wishes, 1 Wishing Star, 1 Metal Chocobo, 1 Olympia, 3 lady luck, 1 cure, 1 mega-ether
lvl 7:
3 Kingdom Key, 2 three wishes, 1 crabclaw, 3 pumpkin head, 2 fairy harp, 1 wishing star, 3 lady luck, 1 divine rose, 1 cure, 1 mega-ether, 1 hi-potion
lvl 6:
1 three wishes, 2 crabclaw, 3 pumpkin head, 3 fairy harp, 2 wishing star, 4 olympia, 2 divine rose, 2 cloud, 1 mega-ether
other cards:1 lvl 0 fairy harp, 2 lvl3 metal chocobo, 3 tinkerbells, 2 of them lvl 4 1 lvl 2( for when he's reloading), 1 lvl4 cloud, a lvl5 megalixer, a lvl3 elixer
enemy cards:
Vexen, Air pirate, Jafar, 2 Shadow, and a large body

That should set you up for plenty of combos, healing, defense, and card recovery, if you can't get some of these cards, (mainly the item cards, I'm still looking for a level 9 megalixer!:cursing:)
well that about covers it from me, let me know if anything else pops up, like not having enough cp to equp the deck I heard from somewhere that the max is supposed to be 1900 or so...
and sorry for how log this post is!

[√]Genuflect
Well...i beat him in my first try...but i forgot my deck...i always remember that 0 cards own everything.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
For the most part, I just used high-level cards (nothing below 7), put in about 4/5 zeros, put I think, 2 high-level cure cards, and I had the help of the Vexen and Oogie Boogie cards.

I used to have loads of trouble with him, but now I can beat him no problem. Just make sure you don't let Dark Aura hit you (break it with a 0), and heal when necessary, and you're set. I also reccomend not using sleights (except for friend card ones), but I'm pretty anti-sleight, so that might not be the best advice...

Urban_Ninja

Okay...so high level cards, lots of 0 cards, and Vexen and Oogie Boogie. Seems I'll have to do mass leveling as well.

Thanks for the info. I hope it helps me.

Riku191

hmm this thread is stupid what happend to just go train and fight when your ready the only reason you will lose is because your unprepared for the fight....

Akans

「moriya」
~~ANOTHER STRATEGY~~

Screw 0 cards. Fill your deck with Sonic Rave/Blade/Rush. Put at least 4 cures, and 3+ Hi-potions/Mega-potions at the end. If you have enough CP, add a Mega-Ether to reload cures.
Battle start:

1) Just bash with Sonic Blade. It's high enough to break dark firaga and dark aura, though if your Sonic Blade is low, it'll be breakable by Aura. After using all your attack cards, RELOAD normally without using potions or cures (unless your dying). Then stock all your cards until you run out. If you really paid attention while creating this deck, you can have have another Sonic Blade combo deck, but if it's just a whack combo, use it.

2) After that first reload, use a Hi-Potion, restock all cards, and use the same strategy 1) again.
Use cures in singles, NEVER stock them, cuz you lose them. Make sure you they're not broken either.

3) After using up all your potions, restock and then just whack. At this time, Riku should have under 1.5 bars, I've defeated him with using 2 or so Hi-potions before.

4) Enemy cards: Oogie Boogie - NEEDED. Air Soldier - Suggested (For restocking). Maleficent - Suggested (For after using up all your potions). Use others if you want to, I forgot which others I used. I wasn't big on enemy cards.

If you did this right, you shouldn't go on critical HP, unless you get pinned. Break his Dark Aura with a high Sonic Blade combo.

NOTE: This is for the gameboy version, i'm not sure about the other version.

NOTE: I defeated Riku IV ages ago, so i might have forgotten or mixed up some of the uses of the cards, but the Sonic Blade combo is a definite, easy way to defeat Riku IV, as well as pretty much any other bosses except for the Final.
It worked for me, so criticize if you want to, but it worked.

TalkingBackwards

Ack, Riku is ridiculously hard. I've tried all kinds of strategies, and I'm level 70 as well. ....Maybe I'm just bad at the game. ^^;;

Pale-Wanderer

In the Crossroads, awakening to the never-ending T
If youre not good at dodging and evading damage, then you should stock on 3-4 cures. Use 0 and 9 attack cards, and have at least3-4 of each type of the main magic cards. Friends are not needed, nor enemy cards. Easy to beat if you dodge well. Beat this with HP at 80. Make sure to make him use up tons of sleights. here's where 0 cards come in handy. 9 cards use for stronger attacks.

road to oblivion

Ack, Riku is ridiculously hard. I've tried all kinds of strategies, and I'm level 70 as well. ....Maybe I'm just bad at the game. ^^;;

okay try going to a moogle and get cloud cards or go 2 coliseum and bash stuff and try to come across a cloud.
once u have cloud cards (bout 12 will do good) use omnislah on riku (sometimes cloud will miss) and use about as many high ethers or mega ethers as you can

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
I beat CoM on both modes. I was level 74 when i beat riku IV. Hes probably the hardest boss becuase of all those new moves. Especially that damn dark aura >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back