• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Nostalgia Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

impart

Climb The Sky
So I did a search and couldn't find a thread like this, so I apologize if there already is one. I looked though

I was sitting on the couch the other day and I had a sudden urge to play DDR

like ten years ago my mom bought me the game and a dance mat

do you guys remember when this game was like the sihts? and everyone was playing it, and guys would play it on two at a time and all that crazy crap!
and it was super popular.
and now nobody even talks about it anymore
it just goes to show you everything dies down eventually

so playing this game again gave me a huge nostalgia rush.
hearing Sandstorm, and Japan, and Butterfly

so what gives you guys nostalgia?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
To Zanarkand by Nobuo Uematsu brings back all kinds of fond memories of the first Final Fantasy I ever took seriously enough to finish. It is also the first non-examination piano piece I learned to play, and the only song I can play with my eyes closed.

It reminds me of a happier time; a time where there was no stress, and no responsibility; a time I want to return to.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Robots give me nostalgia. I say this because some of my favorite games from the past involve robitics in some way, even some of my favorite anime. Like every time that I hear of androids, I think of Xenosaga. I don't really mean the second or third one, but rather the first one with the insane old school art. That eventually leads me to wanting to see anime from the nineties and such that I haven't seen in ages like Tenchi Muyo and Gundam Wing.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
The old gameboy advance covers.

It reminds me of a happier time; a time where there was no stress, and no responsibility; a time I want to return to.
I could say that was sanctuary for me, but I don't know it would be true. It could be half true, I guess.

Come to think of it, I don't have that much nostalgia in my life. Many things that mean something, or have so much emotional value, and really relate to how I would like things to be, but nothing too nostalgic.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
To Zanarkand by Nobuo Uematsu brings back all kinds of fond memories of the first Final Fantasy I ever took seriously enough to finish.

YYYYEEESSSSS!!! XD And it is the first game I finished which my brother didn't finish before me!! I went jump-hyper that day.

Whenever I sit down and watch my brother play video games it brings a nostalgic feeling, because I always watch him play games when I was younger and I'd fall asleep in front of the TV. It was just...so comfortable. But I hardly do this now because my brother isn't playing any video game other than the PSP now. It's not as nice as lying down on the floor next to my brother playing the PS1/PS2 on a TV screen.

And when I sit on my bed I just suddenly feel like watching my old VHS tapes, especially Ghibli tapes and a few episodes of Doraemon which my mom recorded when we were in Japan.

Also, whenever I see boxes, I'm reminded of my younger self getting into a box and falling asleep in it. My parents would always find me, curled and cramped inside a box, asleep. I loved sleeping inside boxes, I don't know why. But I'm too big now, I can't do it. :( And I don't have the time anyway.

Trimms

xpress_arnold.jpg

nosecap

I usually have some nostalgic moments when I'm visiting the places where I haven't been since my childhood and that I rarely visit, like our cottage at Lapland. The last time I was there was like, three or four years ago, and that was the first time in years too, so sure was odd feeling to be there.

And some cartoons which you remember only partly.

impart

Climb The Sky
hahah yeah. the 90's for sure.

I think everyone shares that :)
anyone who didn't love the 90's, I have a problem with. lol

a few months ago was in my garage and I found a Hit Clip with a backstreet boys clip in it.

I was like OMG XD
then I ran around playing it all day

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I liked the 90's too, I remember '96 being a good year....

Also, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and Drake and Josh, I loved those shows

Last edited:

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Ahahhaah. Ned's School Survival Guide, was like epic.

Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Odd parents. (Not spongebob though. :/) Dave the Barbarian, Kim Possible.

EVEN STEVENS.

:O

I liked the 90's too, I remember '96 being a good year....
Wasn't that like the year you were born? D:

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
yea, I loved cookie. he was such a dork.

... So I'm assuming you mean it was a good year because you came into the world.

impart

Climb The Sky
OMG I LOVE Rugrats!!!!!
on the weekend's I always try to stay up late, just so I can watch it XD

Recess-
images

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
yea, I loved cookie. he was such a dork.

... So I'm assuming you mean it was a good year because you came into the world.

I loved Ned because he would try to answer a simple question with complicated plans lol

Also, that was what I was going for but you know, the punchline didn't get out there fast enough I guess

rugrats, hey arnold, as told by ginger, are you afraid of the dark, so weird, Dexter's lab, babysitter's club, old 90's-early 2000's disney channel movies,doug,famous jet jackson,recess... omg i miss those shows so freaking much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back