• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Nostalgia Critic has been playing KH, what do you think about that?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

Honestly not sure if this is the right place for this, since I can't find KH general discussion anymore, but it IS kind of related to the dark seeker saga. As some of you know, Doug Walker (Better known as the nostalgia critic) has been one of the stars on YouTube, and his notoriety precedes him. Unlike some Youtubers I know of, he was largely indifferent to the KH franchise, but was a massive Disney fan growing up. In preparation for Disneycember 2021 he decided to branch out to Disney games, and KH is one of them. His fame on the internet will likely lead to more people picking up KH, so it's likely we'll have more fans than ever before.

My opinion on this? hard to say honestly. The man isn't known for being good at video games, and he's guided around by an inept woman by the name of Heather. But h e's at least aware of the increasing difficulty and plays on beginner mode, so he's at least being cautious. Some of his reactions to the worlds are geniunely interesting, it's like watching a child experience KH for the first time.
(Also, if this thread violates any rule, I apologize).

Soldier

Awards
Well, can't say I expected this kind of response. I'll be honest, I was out of the loop in knowing what Chaneel Awesome did, but they're definitely up there on my list of scummy people. Not higher than Quinton Flynn mind you (he takes top billing), but up there.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
A terrible boss, to put it lightly. Very bad work culture though it's still arguable if it's because of stupidity or out of malice. Probably both.
I think there might've been some sexual harassment allegations. Not from Doug Walker himself, but some people he worked with. But it's been a while since I saw something on that drama.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, and I'm not saying it is nearly as terrible, but many of his videos have declined in so much quality since the allegations to the point where it's genuinely painful to watch (example: his review of The Wall).

Awards
So we got a terrible boss who was once a big tuber playing KH with an inept guide, and we had an anime VA playing KH2 who tapped out at Twilight Thorn.

Hoo boi.

note: Don't take this as me saying that being an anime va is bad pls

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
I watched a bit his playthrough. He is alright I guess. But he is not really engaging with the community. I have the feeling he doesn't master twitch or doesn't manage to keep it that engaging.

One interesting thing is that he made a beginner playthrough and it feels that the progression is much smoother than any other playthrough I saw. Like he got scan super early (in wonderland).

Soldier

Awards
I watched a bit his playthrough. He is alright I guess. But he is not really engaging with the community. I have the feeling he doesn't master twitch or doesn't manage to keep it that engaging.

One interesting thing is that he made a beginner playthrough and it feels that the progression is much smoother than any other playthrough I saw. Like he got scan super early (in wonderland).
Well one of the main things holding him back is the inept Heather, who REALLY should've been replaced with literally anyone else. She's in charge of what info gets into the stream and fills Doug's head with nonsense, like saying that you don't need to play BBS and DDD to understand 3, when ALL OF US know that they are crucial. That and the fact that she encourages him not to synthesize and doesn't even explain what it does just irks me.

Awards
Well one of the main things holding him back is the inept Heather, who REALLY should've been replaced with literally anyone else. She's in charge of what info gets into the stream and fills Doug's head with nonsense, like saying that you don't need to play BBS and DDD to understand 3, when ALL OF US know that they are crucial. That and the fact that she encourages him not to synthesize and doesn't even explain what it does just irks me.
Ugh...why even bother making the collections at all when people will just only do the fucking numbered ones?

AegisXIII

Awards
She said whaaaat?!!

Soldier

Awards
She said whaaaat?!!
Yeah, when Doug was midway through KH 2, a streamer asked if he would play through BBS and DDD, to which he responded that he'll see if he has time for it before december (which is when he does Disneycember). Heather then states that she went through 1, 2 and 3 without any side games and claims to understand the story just fine. She only RECENTLY played BBS and loved the characters in it, but obviously doesn't think that much on it. Both of them are surface level fans that just love Disney and are there for the pretty colors. But I will tell you this, when Doug gets to the endgame of KH 3 and has NO IDEA what's going on and doesnt react at all to Aqua's rescue, the fandom will turn into a nest of hornets.

disney233

Awards
Yeah, when Doug was midway through KH 2, a streamer asked if he would play through BBS and DDD, to which he responded that he'll see if he has time for it before december (which is when he does Disneycember). Heather then states that she went through 1, 2 and 3 without any side games and claims to understand the story just fine. She only RECENTLY played BBS and loved the characters in it, but obviously doesn't think that much on it. Both of them are surface level fans that just love Disney and are there for the pretty colors.
Ahhhh~ I remember back when we were all this naive.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Most everyone knew BbS was pretty important before it was even released though. DDD as well for the most part. People really only debated about CoM, Days, and Coded.

AegisXIII

Awards
Everything is important, even the lore developed at the concert. XD

Back