• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Norts' chances of survival going into the next saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
We all know KH3 will be the last game in the Xehanort Saga and all meaning the Xehanort problem will be over and done with which may include the 13 Norts as well but which ones could you see surviving after the Xehanort Saga ends? I'll just go with the known members along with the most likely.

Master Xehanort- Dead. I just can't see him living past this saga and being the central antagonist of it all, would go when his saga goes as well. May get redemption but that's about it.

Xemnas- Fades back to his time to get off'd.... but that's if he's even time travelling at all since he, along with Ansem may exist "outside of time" aka Realm of Sleep according to Nomura. So they could probably get the Roxas/Xion/Namine treatment and get their "Birth by Sleep" with the Key To Return Hearts.... but he could still die along with MX or not. Idk. Doubt they'll redeem themselves either even if they have separate personalities from MX.

Ansem- ^Same reasons for Xemnas

Xigbar/Braig- I could see him living tbh. If his secret plans don't get elaborated on in KH3, it could be a reason for him to stick around for the next saga.

Saix/Isa- Could see him living and definitely redeeming himself. His future plot with Lea is to thank for that. Though he could pull the "sacrifice himself for the greater good" card but.... this is the end of Xehanort saga and I expect the ending to be filled with rainbows and sunshine so Isa will be fine.

Terra- Definitely living after the final clash especially since he was an unwilling candidate like Isa(possibly). He'll try to redeem himself even though it wasn't really all his fault.

Vanitas- A 50/50 with this guy really. Could end up living just because or could end up dying because of his status as pure darkness with virtually no redeeming qualities if you don't count the novels. So yeah.... would make a pretty badass Vegeta-like anti hero if they did decide to keep him around. *shrugs*

Young Xehanort- Fades back to his time, goes about his life after forgetting the events of the future and becoming MX in the end basically creating an infinite time loop so..... he's pretty much stuck unless some Nomura magic ends up diddlying up time travel's rules just for the plot. He doesn't seem as evil as the other Norts barring Terra so... redemption for him isn't entirely out of the question.

Apprentice Xehanort- Basically Terranort yeah but with the amnesia, seems to have developed his own identity separate from Terra/MX. He might be a time traveler too so probably just fades back to his time.

What are your predictions on their chances of living after the final battles of the Xehanort Saga?

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The only two that I could see surviving are Isa and Terra for reasons the OP stated. The rest I have a feeling will be dead by the end of KH3.

I would want Vanitas to stick around since I think he has a chance for more character development in the next saga. Unless he gets a satisfying character arc in KH3 before his death.

Anagram

Banned
At this point I'd rather see them all die. Just to be safe of trolling later.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I can see Terra and possibly Isa being the only ones that don't outright die considering that neither one (well, at least we know for certain that Terra was completely unwilling, anyway) wanted to be 'Norted in the first place. Braig/Xigbar and Vanitas are a little harder, but I personally want both of them to remain after this is over. Vanitas was an awesome character to have around and I want to see some of his backstory expanded upon (i.e.: take a page out of the novelization's...well, novels) and Braig/Xigbar is just too entertaining not to have in some capacity.

Zak1403

I'm hoping Braig/Xigbar will survive in some capacity. I can see him being an interesting antagonist once he recieves a Keyblade.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm hoping Braig/Xigbar will survive in some capacity. I can see him being an interesting antagonist once he recieves a Keyblade.
He really doesn't need one. A long exclusive powerful, ancient weapon for those worthy is now wielded by 15 people, and it seems to be how they keep characters relevant. Braig has potential in the fact he lacks a keyblade and is already very interesting, give him that and there's no point. It could be used plot-wise that braig would betray xehanort after getting what he wanted but then he's wasted for the franchise IMO.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In terms of survival to appear in the next saga, Master X, Xemnas and Ansem should be definite goners because these three are practically the core and what defines "the Xehanorts".

Braig/Xigbar is a weird case because as interesting and entertaining he is, he would still be a close knit reminder of Xehanort due to him being his most trusted associate/lieutenant outside of Xemnas and Ansem.
For him to have a place in the next saga, he would need to put a sufficient and lasting distance between himself and Xehanort, so that the next saga doesn't get boggled down by "Xehanort's legacy" too much.

Saix/Isa is also iffy, mostly depending on what his actual stance on the whole norting stuff is/was.
In any case though, it is also possible that Isa may be saved and survive, but gets a reduced role in the next saga like i.e. an NPC in a single world or something.

Vanitas will really depend on if he finally does show some redeeming qualities or if he remains the ax-crazy maniac who relishes in the suffering of others just for the kick of it as was shown in BBS.
The parts of the novels might provide a possible scenario, although ultimatively the plot of KH III and Vanitas' role in it are what will probably finally decide the canon status of these novel, either designating it completely non-canon or bring it up to official canon.
Except of course if Vanitas has no real role in KH III beyond being a glorified boss battle and gets in the end unceremoniously killed off by Sora and/or Ven without much coverage at all, leaving things again uncertain.

Young Xehanort is probably the most complicated issue of all norts, mainly because he comes from the past and is bound by events that are already history.
Considering he doesn't belong in this era anyways (MX is the Xehanort of the present), that he survives should be a no-brainer, although it doesn't say anything about the next saga.
If we go by the premise that the next saga should be as Xehanort-free as possible, Young Xehanort would fall into the same category as MX, Xemnas and Ansem as he's a "true" nort.

Apprentice Xehanort is basically just Ansem SoD, so there's no point in addressing that "variant" independently.

Hack

Considering there needs to be a present nort for the past norts to be able to time travel if the present nort gets wiped out there dont need to be more deaths than tha alone. As i see it present norts are almost all people possesed by mx so we might also see a lot sacrifice /redemption scenarios for them. As for Yx there might be more than meets the eye in him, because if you remember what namine said about memories it is implied that memories never get erased and there kinda seems to be a parallel drawn between him and riku so we might get yx to actually change towards good. Lastly on a different note wasnt there mentioned that the book of prophesies can make worlds and people from the feature materialize?And also we already saw a hooded figure in chi. This might point towards the final 5 members of the true organization 13(the foretelleres ???).

Anagram

Banned
If past norts follow present ones to the past doesn't that mean to stop it and to keep Braig around that they'd at least have to rid him of Xehanort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back