• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The next game should be a Kairi spin-off

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
My top choices would be either a monk so she punches good or a dragoon. Mainly because dragoons are normally purple and that's her color. lol

Her being a brawler would be funny, still I'd be down for it.

Kairi being playable would give us an excuse to visit Radiant Garden again. It's her homeworld and they could take advantage of that even if the FF cast are AWOL again. Especially if her grandmother has ties to Chi.

As for teammates I just remembered discussions about her teaming up with Max a few years back. Sort of like Noel and Serah from FF13-2

Agreed there's a lot still unresolved between Kairi and her home world. For one we don't know how she feels about it, how she felt about seeing it in ruins in KH1, if she remembered anything while being there etc. I'd like Axel to be that worlds party member if we do go seeing he too could have unresolved business there.

I'd be down with her and Max Teaming up, he's kind of the only other Disney character I consider mayor that has yet to show up.

disney233

Awards
In regards to Kairi's party, I myself would kinda like to see a Prince and Princess team with Kairi and Oswald. (Mickey and Minnie are King and Queen so...it seems logical that Mickey's bro and his sweetheart would be Prince and Princess.) And I'd honestly got some ideas for his class, like...Musketeer or something along the lines of Technomancy or Machinery. THE BOY DOESN'T HAVE TO HAVE A KEYBLADE. Anyway, ANYTHING to have Oswald and Ortensia included in KH. I don't think they ever had a major appearance since their debut in Epic Mickey, and we all know that series isn't coming back, so
..I see no reason why a Prince and Princess team wouldn't fit.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
In regards to Kairi's party, I myself would kinda like to see a Prince and Princess team with Kairi and Oswald. (Mickey and Minnie are King and Queen so...it seems logical that Mickey's bro and his sweetheart would be Prince and Princess.) And I'd honestly got some ideas for his class, like...Musketeer or something along the lines of Technomancy or Machinery. THE BOY DOESN'T HAVE TO HAVE A KEYBLADE. Anyway, ANYTHING to have Oswald and Ortensia included in KH. I don't think they ever had a major appearance since their debut in Epic Mickey, and we all know that series isn't coming back, so
..I see no reason why a Prince and Princess team wouldn't fit.

Personally I think Oswald might be a bit too obscure to include in such a significant role. The only Disney property I know that has him is Epic Mickey. Also considering that Max is still missing I'd be surprised if they'd suddenly include characters your general audience wouldn't know, in anything but a cameo.

Also how is Oswald Mickey's brother? I mean one's a mouse and one's a rabbit. I know Mickey has a older sister Felicity Fieldmouse, who mothered his twin nephews, but I wouldn't be aware of him having a brother. I know Oswald and Mickey are spiritually related, seeing Mickey was basically created because Walt lost access to Oswald, so they're rather closely linked. I never played Epic Mickey, maybe they establish it there?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Personally I think Oswald might be a bit too obscure to include in such a significant role. The only Disney property I know that has him is Epic Mickey. Also considering that Max is still missing I'd be surprised if they'd suddenly include characters your general audience wouldn't know, in anything but a cameo.

Also how is Oswald Mickey's brother? I mean one's a mouse and one's a rabbit. I know Mickey has a older sister Felicity Fieldmouse, who mothered his twin nephews, but I wouldn't be aware of him having a brother. I know Oswald and Mickey are spiritually related, seeing Mickey was basically created because Walt lost access to Oswald, so they're rather closely linked. I never played Epic Mickey, maybe they establish it there?
They're both created by Walt Disney, so they have the same "father". Basically they're brothers in a metaphorical sense. EM relied quite a bit on 4th wall leaning & real history to drive it's narrative. Mickey was effectively Oswald's replacement: Walt couldn't take the rights to Oswald with him when he left Universal & so Mickey was created to be an Oswald substitution. Thus in EM Oswald holds resentment that Mickey stole the stardom he should've had.

As far as likelihood of him appearing in KH: maybe. Square doesn't to be in a big hurry to bring him on board but The Mad Doctor (a major villain in the EM games) was featured in 1 of the Classic Kingdom games so there's a seed planted there.

Also Oswald was an NPC in the Disney Infinity games.

EDIT: and IMO Oswald would be better suited as a partner for Xion if anyone.

Last edited:

Elliekey13

Awards
I agree. Plus, if we can tell anything for certain from the secret ending, it's that Sora is definitely still in the picture and (likely) stranded from his friends. We know that Sora and Kairi have a strong connection, even further emphasized by them sharing the paupu fruit, and it's a connection so strong that the theory of Sora ending up in the final world because of his connection to Kairi is not really that far-fetched.
Perhaps the way Sora will return is because Kairi will pull some hoodu-voodu power of friendship magic or-something-or-other to give Sora the connection he needs to return to his friends (similar to how Kairi helped him and Riku return to the realm of light at the end of 2). But the only way I can really see that happening is if she go's on her own adventure to

1) Develop her character, because as she is, accomplishing something like this won't be as impactful unless we can see her struggle with her guilt, feelings of weakness, etc

2) Show how she would get a power like that in the first place. After all, Kairi may be part of princess of heart club, but pulling Sora back from what ever world (or maybe even whatever dimension) he's stranded in is not really in her skillset. She definitely is not strong enough to pull something of this magnitude off as she is. Honestly, she may end up doing YenSid's mark of mastery test to obtain the power of waking, because that's the only thing I can think of that could potentially locate, or even pull back Sora.

But that's just my thoughts. You never know with the beautiful mess of Kingdom Hearts.

lightsong

Awards
I Want to Play as Kairi (I Want it Now Veruca)

Kairi, Kairi

I want her to do stunts and abilities

And for her to save the day

And by the way

I want a fight

I want a boss fight

With shotlock attacks

And to have Sora’s back

So cool you won’t turn back

Aww come on!

She must have Forms

She must have Drive Forms

Valor and Wisdom

And Master and Final

And Limit no Anti

Make it fair, come on

Give her Commands

Reaction Commands

With better powers

For high soaring towers

It’s my pot of flowers

Make it fair, come on

I want to play

To play as Kairi

She wields a Keyblade

She’s better than sea jade

And cannot just be aid

I want her to have Limit Breaks and a cool dress

Flow Motion from Sora’s dream

And if she’s not playable as you promised

I’m going to scream

Give her the rides

Attraction Flow rides

Her Keyblades transform

Like for Sora when foes swarm

Can’t wait to control her Come onnn

Not fair, man, do it, come on

lightsong

Awards
Little Eleanor and the Ultimate Video Game Character

There was once a girl named Eleanor

Who was playing a video game:

Kingdom Hearts 2

By Square Enix

When she saw a cutscene of her favorite character Kairi

Wielding a Keyblade.

Will the next game have her a

PLAYER CHARACTER?

“Oh,” said Eleanor,

“Will Kairi be playable in

The next game please?”

The next game introduced

Three new player characters,

But not Kairi.

Then Eleanor said,

“Kairi MUST be playable in the next game?”

Then came Dream Drop Distance.

This game featured a world based off of

Her favorite Disney movie, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

The cathedral acoustics didn’t sound like in the movie.

And Eleanor said,

“This cathedral sounds like a

Frikken’ box,

Now I WANT KAIRI PLAYABLE—

SHE MUST BE PLAYABLE!”

Then Kingdom Hearts 3 came out.

Kairi was not playable in that game either.

Instead she was slain by the villain.”

Then Eleanor began to cry and wrote,

“If Kairi’s not playable I’ll die.”

And they replied, “You won’t die.

No gamer ever died yet from their favorite character not being playable.”

And Eleanor felt so bad

That when she got done she went to bed,

And she couldn’t eat,

And she couldn’t sleep,

And her heart was broken,

And she DID die—

All because of a character

Who was never playable.

(This story is based off of Shel Silverstein’s “Little Abigail and the Beautiful Pony”)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wonder if we will get further characterisation of Kairi through Re:Mind? Maybe we get a cutscene showcasing what happens to Kairi from her perspective after she gets slashed by Xehanort. As a Princess of Heart, maybe she enters into another realm thus giving an excuse to make her playable? wishful thinking.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I wonder if we will get further characterisation of Kairi through Re:Mind? Maybe we get a cutscene showcasing what happens to Kairi from her perspective after she gets slashed by Xehanort. As a Princess of Heart, maybe she enters into another realm thus giving an excuse to make her playable? wishful thinking.

I'd be down for that, anything to give her some development at this point really. Also this would give us a chance to learn more of the Princess of Heart.

After her being hyped the way she was, I really was let down with her being benched and not even getting a proper fight as a party member.
I seriously hope Re:mind atleast let's her stick around in the party for one whole fight.

Zach2

I hope so

Zach2

I'd be down for that, anything to give her some development at this point really. Also this would give us a chance to learn more of the Princess of Heart.

After her being hyped the way she was, I really was let down with her being benched and not even getting a proper fight as a party member.
I seriously hope Re:mind atleast let's her stick around in the party for one whole fight.
Me too

Awards
I can see her having a playable scenario in the next main game, even more so than KH3. But I just don’t see her ever having her own game.

OrionGold

Awards
I don't care whoever the next game's character is but please give Nomura a co-writer. Someone who isn't able to smell darkness, especially not if it's within darkness. In case of Kairi: Just get someone who cares. Anyone.
It would be great for Kingdom Hearts to have a co-writer reining in Nomura when the situation calls for it. Heck, it would be cool if there are also a team of editors helping out the writers. Maybe said co-writer and team of editors can bring in Kairi's manga characterization just to breathe new life into her personality in a way similar to how Taika Watiti did it with Thor in Thor: Ragnarok.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I can see her having a playable scenario in the next main game, even more so than KH3. But I just don’t see her ever having her own game.

I can't see her having her own game a la Roxas in Days or Sora in the numbered titles. But i can see a game being her's the same way DDD was Riku's and BBS was Aqua's

It would be great for Kingdom Hearts to have a co-writer reining in Nomura when the situation calls for it. Heck, it would be cool if there are also a team of editors helping out the writers. Maybe said co-writer and team of editors can bring in Kairi's manga characterization just to breathe new life into her personality in a way similar to how Taike Watiti did it with Thor in Thor: Ragnarok.

I think them including more of her Manga portrail into the games would help her be more liked among the more critical players.

While I think them having someone else to co-write sounds good. I can't see it really changing much. There are probably already multiple writers, but in the end Nomura has final say.

OrionGold

Awards
While I think them having someone else to co-write sounds good. I can't see it really changing much. There are probably already multiple writers, but in the end Nomura has final say.
Maybe, maybe not. However, it would be nice if there's a co-writer or editor who is more willing to put their foot down on whatever story plot piece Nomura is writing might probably harm the story and alienate the players even more. Basically, co-writer or editor knows when it's time to not take any shit from whatever Nomura is coming up with for the story.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Maybe, maybe not. However, it would be nice if there's a co-writer or editor who is more willing to put their foot down on whatever story plot piece Nomura is writing might probably harm the story and alienate the players even more. Basically, co-writer or editor knows when it's time to not take any shit from whatever Nomura is coming up with for the story.
I don't disagree, but i figure Nomura has too much say and sway at the moment for Square to put an editor in place to keep him and his story inline.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Just imagine.....

ddclgba-91fabdc3-1d62-4e75-a523-ef7fe0a9d3ec.png

Found it here -> https://www.deviantart.com/superzeroman123/art/Kingdom-Hearts-Kairi-s-Quest-807216598

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Kairi couldn't have a game on her own without Donald and Goofy coming along. She's just not enough of a character to stand on her own, She unfortunately needs to cheat.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Kairi couldn't have a game on her own without Donald and Goofy coming along. She's just not enough of a character to stand on her own, She unfortunately needs to cheat.

Eh, I'd rather have Axel or Xion as companions rather then Donald and Goofy. Although, that begs the question of how she would even get to other worlds. Unless of course she gets her hands on the star shard (thats probably not the actual name) that Mickey had in BBS.

But as far as standing alone as a character, that really depends if they're willing to flesh out her personality like in the manga. Because there hints of that in the games but unlike the manga, the game writers don't care to put more into those traits. But if the next game has her as a lead character, they would have to do that. Although there is difference between "have to" and "willing to" and given the past games, I don't blame you for feeling like she couldn't stand on her amougst a bunch of colorful Disney characters.

Back