• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The next game should be a Kairi spin-off

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperNova

Awards
Knowing how shoddy the writing is, Kairi probably won’t even get more than a 2 second scene of her writing another letter to Sora, about how she’s going to find him and keep him safe. Only for her to be kidnapped off screen and us cutting back to Sora as he goes “Oh no! Kairi!” For the 50th time.

Veevee

Awards
I don't care whoever the next game's character is but please give Nomura a co-writer. Someone who isn't able to smell darkness, especially not if it's within darkness. In case of Kairi: Just get someone who cares. Anyone.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I hope the spinoff game is a Kairi game! Her party members can be Xion and Aqua, with Namine tagging along as the journal keeper/telepathic link between party members.

Hoarse_Phuqer

It's hard to be optimistic seeing how she keeps getting the shaft but if there was a remotely positive outcome for her character after KH3 is that she not only failed, but failed hard. She is at her lowest possible point so there's nowhere for her to go but up. It would be pretty easy to drum up sympathy for Kairi in her wanting to become stronger and save Sora, make her the underdog as out of all current keybearers she is easily the weakest. From a storyline perspective the elements are all there for her to take the spotlight.

Time will tell whether Nomura intends to do her justice.

Also she's still technically a princess of heart so for all we know she could have all these nifty perks and abilities reserved only for her, like being able to travel the dark corridors without fear of losing her heart to the darkness.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I hope the spinoff game is a Kairi game! Her party members can be Xion and Aqua, with Namine tagging along as the journal keeper/telepathic link between party members.

I think it's problematic to make her party be other keyblade wielders. They'd overshadow her due to being more experienced wielders. It needs to feel like Kairi's victories are her own.

Megavoltage

Awards
I think it's problematic to make her party be other keyblade wielders. They'd overshadow her due to being more experienced wielders. It needs to feel like Kairi's victories are her own.
So Disney world partners only? Or what about Goofy and Donald? I'm so bored of the duck and dog tagging along with Sora but if they started following others around I'd be down. Mix the characters in new ways!

SerDuncan

I don't know if this is helpful or hurtful to the case towards Kairi starring in her own game... or heck, even being playable! But of the characters on the cover of KH3, it is only Kairi and Namine who haven't been playable at some point. Sora, Riku, Terra, Ventus, Roxas, Aqua, they've all clearly been protagonists of their own games. Mickey was briefly playable at times in KH2. And then Donald, Goofy, Axel, and Xion (and Mickey as well) were all playable in Mission Mode of Days. What does that mean for Kairi? I think it means that she's almost never considered a fighter, at least not enough to ever be playable. And I think that might hamper her chances of ever getting a game.

Megavoltage

Awards
I think it means that she's almost never considered a fighter, at least not enough to ever be playable. And I think that might hamper her chances of ever getting a game.

Which I think is really weird! The Kingdom Hearts series keeps treating Sora like he’s a weak underdog but the universe revolves around him and no Master can achieve anything without his guiding light. But we know the writers like having a supposed underdog in the protagonist spot and keeping that in mind let’s look right over here! To the girl in pink! We have Kairi! A real and true weak underdog! Someone who would really struggle for survival, someone who would truly need some friends giving her a helping hand(Kairi isn’t going to be seen having an accomplishment like single-handedly defeat Dark Master Aqua without being tired afterwards anytime soon, if ever) and the audience would be genuinely surprised if she had any meaningful victories. But the series refuses to make Kairi playable. Don’t the writers like weak underdogs who need their friends? Isn't that what the series is supposed to be about? I don’t get it! Kairi being weak is why she's perfect for the role of playable protagonist.

GenoBois

though to be fair if they make the party Namine, Xion, and Kairi it will be a good excuse to pallete swap the entire party and call it a day.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So Disney world partners only? Or what about Goofy and Donald? I'm so bored of the duck and dog tagging along with Sora but if they started following others around I'd be down. Mix the characters in new ways!

Pluto, Minnie, and Daisy are also options. Pluto already spent a fair of time with Kairi and this could be her desinated Disney partner like Mickey with Riku. But Disney may not approve of him being a fighter. Minnie and Daisy are well overdue some more screen time in the series and we'd still get the "girls night out" dynamic.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Pluto, Minnie, and Daisy are also options. Pluto already spent a fair of time with Kairi and this could be her desinated Disney partner like Mickey with Riku. But Disney may not approve of him being a fighter. Minnie and Daisy are well overdue some more screen time in the series and we'd still get the "girls night out" dynamic.

I fear Disney Town would fall apart without Minnie, I feel like Mickey is King in name only and the real ruler of the place is Minnie.

I'd think Daisy could be interesting to see, but unlike Minnie we have yet to see any fighting capabilities of her's. Daisy is basically a blank slate, at the moment and could be made to fill any classic RPG role, as long as she's not just turned into the female Donald, I could dig it.

While having Kairi travel with Minnie and Daisy would be a nice way to cover all sentient members of the sensational six, I don't want them to just be relegated to "and the girls". But I guess that's what all three of them have usually been relegated to anyways.

Zach2

I would love to see kairi visit Winnie the Pooh, and see her as a mermaid in atlantica.

Megavoltage

Awards
Daisy doesn’t seem to be a fighter. And if it turns out she is a mage we already have Minnie and Donald for that role when it comes to Disney partners so it would be redundant. Daisy isn’t a techie or researcher that could help in non-violent ways like Ienzo and the chipmunks do. I can’t think of anything Daisy could do to help Kairi. Or anyone! Don’t get me wrong, I like the character and would love it if she had more dialog. But what is she supposed to do to help out with adventures?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I fear Disney Town would fall apart without Minnie, I feel like Mickey is King in name only and the real ruler of the place is Minnie.

Yeah, she was queen of TCoM & Mickey was a peasant who married into the position. Maybe split it down the middle & go Pluto/Daisy. Literally another dog/duck combo.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'd think Daisy could be interesting to see, but unlike Minnie we have yet to see any fighting capabilities of her's. Daisy is basically a blank slate, at the moment and could be made to fill any classic RPG role, as long as she's not just turned into the female Donald, I could dig it.
My top choices would be either a monk so she punches good or a dragoon. Mainly because dragoons are normally purple and that's her color. lol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe they can do Kairi with Axel and Disney partner? The worlds she could visit are: Never Land, Atlantica, Halloween Town, The Pride Lands, The Land of Dragons, and Kingdom of Corona.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Seeing how kh3 transpired I don’t want them to touch Kairi anymore. Why now? We had everything set up even before DDD to have Kairi playable and still we got nothing. Everything with Kairi seems deliberate and that’s why it’s hard for me to imagine a Kairi game. We always said next time, and the next time became another time and now a Saga concluded and we got nothing.

It still shocks me despite everything that went on with Kairi and Sora, we’re back to Sora and Riku. How am I not supposed to think that Kairi was kept in the back burner on purpose?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Maybe they can do Kairi with Axel and Disney partner? The worlds she could visit are: Never Land, Atlantica, Halloween Town, The Pride Lands, The Land of Dragons, and Kingdom of Corona.

I don’t want a Kairi spinoff, but if it was ever forced on us, she should definitely visit Neverland considering Sora wanted her to see it in KH1.

Atlantica would also be good. I know I’ve wanted Riku to go to Atlantica since forever to get an official merfolk design for him. Darn CoM for not changing their forms during Atlantica or Halloween Town. What a waste. :/

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kairi being playable would give us an excuse to visit Radiant Garden again. It's her homeworld and they could take advantage of that even if the FF cast are AWOL again. Especially if her grandmother has ties to Chi.

As for teammates I just remembered discussions about her teaming up with Max a few years back. Sort of like Noel and Serah from FF13-2

Back