• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The next game should be a Kairi spin-off

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I know... I know.

"Her character had her chance with KH3 and they BLEWWWWW IT!!!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE THIS CHARACTER EVER AGAIN"

I get it though... KH3 was suppose to be the game that set up Kairi as much better character then just... well... what she has been for the past 13 years. And while the game gets some things right, they also get a lot wrong, especially with the way they handled her in the end. That was just.... baaaaaddd. No way to really put it.

At this point, I think Nomura doesn't care for some weird reason and I just don't see why he shouldn't. Kairi has been nothing but wasted potential. The keyword being "Potential" because the reason why fans are so pissed is because she is one of the main character who has incredible opportunity for growth but the writers just never take it for really no apparent reason. It would be very, very easy to make her an interesting character. The Manga did it perfectly, so I dont see why Nomura can't either.

Which leads me to this. In a recent interview or Ultimania (if I'm getting this right) is that there will be another game before KH4. And who knows, there might be more before KH4. And at this point, I dont know how many people are clamoring for it after what happened in KH3 with Kairi but as far as I'm concerned, she is first character out of anyone in the series that needs her own game.

Yes even above Verum Rex or Union X on console, a Kairi game makes the most logical sense to me because:

1. Every character in the series besides Axel has been playable in there own game up to this point. Kairi is basically the only one who hasn't. I find that odd. In fact, it would be cool if Axel could be the second playable character since they are going to Radiant Garden. It would be able to delve more into Kairi's past and Axel with his situation with the mysterious girl.

2. With her being the weakest keyblade wielder and her defeat by Xehanort most likely starting her back to square one, it the perfect excuse for her to hop to other worlds and train and get stronger the same way Sora and Riku did.

3. Another game where Riku goes looking for Sora sounds... again... repeating the same things again. I dont want another Dream Drop Distance, give us a new game with a new perspective. I have no idea if that what they're setting up since the secret ending is very vague but if it is, I don't like that much.

4. The Ending of KH3 almost seems like an accidental setting up point for Kairi's character. Sora is gone and basically all her fault because she didnt defend herself in time before getting knocked out and then murdered minutes after. Shes bound to feel a lot of guilt from that, especially since throughout the whole game she kept insisting "Sora, it's my turn to protect you". And now that Sora disappeared, its the perfect opportunity for her to start her arc.

6. Her arc should span in the same way that Riku's did in the first arc. I dont know how long Sora will stay gone at this point but Kairi should get the spotlight this time around. There's way more of a reason ow to focus on her and what her struggles might be going forward.

It's just how I feel about it. I know others have probably given up on Kairi and expect her to be stranded in Destiny Islands for the majority of this arc until KH4 and honestly, that wouldn't surprise me either. And Nomura doesn't take too much to fan feedback or what fans want (otherwise Kairi would've had better moments and Final Fantasy characters would've been in the game too) so I dont if there's a big cry for a Kairi game, he wouldn't care or be too tired to listen.

But still, after KH3 ending, how they handled Kairi and fans all across the board being visibly disappointed with it, this makes the most logical sense to me going forward. But I would also understand if people thought her character is a lost cause at this point.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would love the Kairi spinoff. I was hoping the DLC would include a chapter of Kairi/Axel visiting a few Disney worlds to prep for the final battle in KH3 or even include the fight between Kairi/Axel (I was hoping that this would have been in KH3 or even just a video of the fight with Kairi winning).

If the game before KHIV is about searching for Sora, then Kairi should be the one playable. I would love for her and Aqua to go visit different worlds looking for a way to save Sora.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kairi's VA did say she was interested in a game with Kairi as the lead. The game prior to KH4 is the perfect opportunity. While Sora and Riku are off on their new adventure Kairi could explore the new Princess' worlds(including a revisit to Arendelle).

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I would love the Kairi spinoff. I was hoping the DLC would include a chapter of Kairi/Axel visiting a few Disney worlds to prep for the final battle in KH3 or even include the fight between Kairi/Axel (I was hoping that this would have been in KH3 or even just a video of the fight with Kairi winning).

If the game before KHIV is about searching for Sora, then Kairi should be the one playable. I would love for her and Aqua to go visit different worlds looking for a way to save Sora.

Truth but I don't it to be DLC. I want her to get the Aqua treatment but longer game, ya know?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Kairi's VA did say she was interested in a game with Kairi as the lead. The game prior to KH4 is the perfect opportunity. While Sora and Riku are off on their new adventure Kairi could explore the new Princess' worlds(including a revisit to Arendelle).

Maybe if they do a Kairi only game, they can ask Hayden to return.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Maybe if they do a Kairi only game, they can ask Hayden to return.

They should. Depends on if it does happen, if the end goal is to save Sora at the very end, I'm trying to understand then how the whole World ends with you secret movie plays out on the other side.

Oh! Maybe they could mix the two. Sora, Riku, and Kairi game. Something in the vain of BBS.

A three story campaign focusing on the Destiny trio is something we need.

1. Sora ends up in TWEWY worlds and plays the Reapers game.

2. Riku search for Sora on a separate adventure, telling Kairi to stay behind, ends up in the Verum Rex world.

3. Kairi disobeys Riku, kind of like Ventus did in BBS, and runs off to visit worlds to try a find a new way to save Sora, with Axel at her side

And all three can reunite at the end. It would be a beautiful lead up to KH4

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They should. Depends on if it does happen, if the end goal is to save Sora at the very end, I'm trying to understand then how the whole World ends with you secret movie plays out on the other side.

Oh! Maybe they could mix the two. Sora, Riku, and Kairi game. Something in the vain of BBS.

A three story campaign focusing on the Destiny trio is something we need.

1. Sora ends up in TWEWY worlds and plays the Reapers game.

2. Riku search for Sora on a separate adventure, telling Kairi to stay behind, ends up in the Verum Rex world.

3. Kairi disobeys Riku, kind of like Ventus did in BBS, and runs off to visit worlds to try a find a new way to save Sora.

And all three can reunite at the end. It would be a beautiful lead up to KH4

As long as I get to see Kairi on her own in different Disney worlds and making new friends, I'll be happy. Kairi's the only character to not get to enjoy the Disney magic.

Xagzan

Awards
Full support from me, as I think my rants have indicated by now.

I prefer better late than never to just never, and don't subscribe to the idea that it's ever too late for something sorely needed.

That being said, Nomura has lost any and all benefit of the doubt from me, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Forget fan feedback though, I'm appalled that Disney, which was apparently so strict with how Frozen was utilized, permitted something so gross to happen in a product with their name on it.

snow_flake40

Awards
Yessssss god I've always wanted a playable Kairi storyline and I think it's due now more than ever. I know it's silly to hold any breath for Nomura listening to fan complaints, but from what I've seen one of the most widespread reactions to KH3 has been disappointment with the treatment of Kairi. I really hope he gets the message that players are very ready for Kairi to finally get some focus after all this buildup.

I think she could have such a great storyline of going through Disney worlds and learning from the new princesses of heart to hone her powers. I suspect it's her princess of heart status that allows her to keep pulling Sora and Riku back from darkness, and if she can really hone those powers she could be the best bet for getting Sora back without abusing the power of waking again. I'd just be worried that Disney will continue being way too overprotective of the modern princess line and we'd end up with an entire game of Arendelles. But now I'm thinking about Kairi teaching Moana how to sail and having a massive explorable map like the Caribbean plus the realm of monsters and I'm in love again, I need this.

Also I just point blank refuse to entertain the possibility that Nomura is gonna keep her on Destiny Islands while Riku gets to have the adventure again. I know I'm gonna get my feelings hurt again holding any hope, but it doesn't make any sense for Kairi to be content waiting on the island after the end of KH3. This is the perfect opportunity to have her start her own journey to make good on her word to save Sora.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
She should've been playable in DDD. Sora and Riku have their experience erased so they're no better off than her at that point.

SerDuncan

I don't think we'll get one... and unfortunately, I don't think I would really want one with the current Kairi. I think that it's been shown that Kairi is, at her core, a plot device. Xehanort released her to Destiny Islands as part of his plans, she was captured as part of Ansem's plan, she was captured as part of Xemnas'/Axel's plans, and now... she was sacrificed as part of Xehanort's plans. The Kairi we see in KH1, that young, goofy spunky girl, I would love to play as her. Kicking ass and taking names, you know? maybe even the Kh2 version. But KH3's mellow, soft spoken Kairi just wouldn't be very engaging as a protagonist. Combining the facts that A) she hardly had a role up until this point and that B) her character has changed so much, I don't think Nomura would ever make her playable.

All that said, after reading the Sleeping Realms Theory (which I know, is not canon, and has flaws and reaches in it...) but I did like the take they had on Kairi. If parts of that theory are true... I would enjoy perhaps playing a tutorial segment, or a short Riku in the dark World-esque segment as Kairi in the Final World. I'd love to control her for a fight or a short segment at some point, but I don't think I'd want her as a main character.

I do love some of the suggestions above, I would love to play these games regardless. :D

Shawty

Awards
I completely agree. She's been a major character since the beginning and she still hasn't been developed after all these games. It's time for Kairi to shine and have her story told. However, I also think a lot of people have given up on her as a character, and honestly, I don't blame them. It's a shame.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I feel like this would be the perfect point for her to get her own game or be featured. Of all the guardians of light she is the only one that's never been playable at all: Axel, Donald, Goofy and Xion, while not the playable character in the main campaign got to be playable in the multiplayer segment. It's kind of sad that Kairi's first time being playable will be in a board game (Talisman: KH edition) an not the actual series.

I also feel like having her playable would let us marry the 2/3 different Interpretations of her character, have her regain some of her spunk while also still being level headed and sweet, depending on the situation. I'd say after so many games of her saying she wants to do more and get do her part, and her even stating in this game that's what the training is for, it's about time she went on a journey of her own. Plus with their Papou fruit connection it would seem Kairi would be the one with the best bet of finding him again.

As stated before it's really a shame they didn't include Kairi as the third protagonist in 3D. I honestly had hoped when that game was announced that the 3D stood for 3 Destinies, obviously it didn't and I was a bit disappointed we only got Sora and Riku. I personally will be a bit disappointed if the next game we get is another DDD, we've already had 2 games with both Sora and Riku as playable characters.

Not sure who I'd have her team up with. Riku as her other best friend would make sense, but honestly if she'd want to explore her own past Axel would also be a very good choice. I'd also love it if she and Aqua, developed a bit of a mentor student relationship. With Kairi being the greenest among them and Aqua the only master I can see ready enough to take on a pupil.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope not. If the next game's a spinoff where Sora isn't playable, I'd prefer the game to be Riku and/or Aqua with Mickey, since you'd think the 'official' Keyblade Masters would be the most logical ones to rescue him. Aqua can repay Sora for rescuing her in KH3.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Personally I feel like this would be the perfect point for her to get her own game or be featured. Of all the guardians of light she is the only one that's never been playable at all: Axel, Donald, Goofy and Xion, while not the playable character in the main campaign got to be playable in the multiplayer segment. It's kind of sad that Kairi's first time being playable will be in a board game (Talisman: KH edition) an not the actual series.

I also feel like having her playable would let us marry the 2/3 different Interpretations of her character, have her regain some of her spunk while also still being level headed and sweet, depending on the situation. I'd say after so many games of her saying she wants to do more and get do her part, and her even stating in this game that's what the training is for, it's about time she went on a journey of her own. Plus with their Papou fruit connection it would seem Kairi would be the one with the best bet of finding him again.

As stated before it's really a shame they didn't include Kairi as the third protagonist in 3D. I honestly had hoped when that game was announced that the 3D stood for 3 Destinies, obviously it didn't and I was a bit disappointed we only got Sora and Riku. I personally will be a bit disappointed if the next game we get is another DDD, we've already had 2 games with both Sora and Riku as playable characters.

Not sure who I'd have her team up with. Riku as her other best friend would make sense, but honestly if she'd want to explore her own past Axel would also be a very good choice. I'd also love it if she and Aqua, developed a bit of a mentor student relationship. With Kairi being the greenest among them and Aqua the only master I can see ready enough to take on a pupil.

I'd say give Kairi her own Disney companions. Minnie and Daisy are my first choice, followed by Pluto. Minnie is already and white mage and Daisy could be a monk

Xagzan

Awards
I hope not. If the next game's a spinoff where Sora isn't playable, I'd prefer the game to be Riku and/or Aqua with Mickey, since you'd think the 'official' Keyblade Masters would be the most logical ones to rescue him. Aqua can repay Sora for rescuing her in KH3.

Ideally it would be Kairi and Aqua, so the latter could help train the former on the journey.

(No, Real training, Merlin!)

Awards
The JP voices for SRK are interested[and by that I mean they literally ask for it]in a game where at least Sora, Riku, and Kairi are finally together.

Hell it seems they're so desperate to have them travel together that they'd take a peaceful party game.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Oh boy! I can't wait to get kidnapped and need Sora to sacrifice his life to save me!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
After everything that was established in KH3, I'd be severely disappointed if Donald and Goofy weren't part of the effort to go get Sora. First of all, they're entertaining in an otherwise very, very dry cast. Second, sorry gamers, but Donald and Goofy are Sora's best friends. Not Riku and Kairi. If the game wanted us to see it the other way around, well, mission failed, because SDG chemistry only gets stronger and more fun to watch, while Riku and Kairi have been shedding any real personality traits for the last decade or so.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh and if Kairi gets her own game, I'd like for her to upgrade her keyblade. I'm hoping the other six princess can help with that.
The JP voices for SRK are interested[and by that I mean they literally ask for it]in a game where at least Sora, Riku, and Kairi are finally together.

Hell it seems they're so desperate to have them travel together that they'd take a peaceful party game.

Honestly I'd love a party game were SRK and their friends just having fun and no conflict. If not a game at least a short OVA.

Back