• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The next game in 2022?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Winter 2022 is probable. With most of the frame work created with KH3, one would think it would be a shorter development cycle for the next game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I believe a remake of Unchained/Union X is the best candidate for a 2022 game. You go through all the Princess of Hearts worlds but they have a makeover in Unreal Engine 4/5 and it's a celebration of Kingdom Hearts.

Then again, a Yozora, Magia and Aegis game would be the Kingdom Hearts version of Versus XIII that he always wanted to create. I'm guessing that the 2021 game is going to be the spiritual successor to Birth by Sleep.

the red monster

Awards
I believe a remake of Unchained/Union X is the best candidate for a 2022 game. You go through all the Princess of Hearts worlds but they have a makeover in Unreal Engine 4/5 and it's a celebration of Kingdom Hearts.

Then again, a Yozora, Magia and Aegis game would be the Kingdom Hearts version of Versus XIII that he always wanted to create. I'm guessing that the 2021 game is going to be the spiritual successor to Birth by Sleep.
To be honest i don't think we getting a game next year.
We got MoM+ReMind this year. next year is probably KH3 re-release for PS5 and an announcement for the 2022 game.
would love to be proven wrong though.

AegisXIII

Awards
We got MoM+ReMind this year. next year is probably KH3 re-release for PS5 and an announcement for the 2022 game.
It is still a release though. ^^
To be honest I would love to hear about how compilations will be running on PS5. Even a PS5 patch to improve them would be considered a release from me. :LOL:

NoWay

Awards
I’d definitely buy a PS5 collection if they included KH3 + ReMind.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

A Kingdom Hearts III re-release wouldn't really be justified as the 2021 release as the PS5/Xbox Series X is backwards compatiable with PS4/Xbox One. There's no new content planned for Kingdom Hearts III either.

Melody of Memories was only discovered through hacking the webpage of Dark Road, I'm confident we're getting a new entry for 2021.

the red monster

Awards
A Kingdom Hearts III re-release wouldn't really be justified as the 2021 release as the PS5/Xbox Series X is backwards compatiable with PS4/Xbox One. There's no new content planned for Kingdom Hearts III either.

Melody of Memories was only discovered through hacking the webpage of Dark Road, I'm confident we're getting a new entry for 2021.
Huh? a lot of games get re-release for newer consoles to take advantage of the hardware. it's called remaster. spider-man is a perfect example.
They can implement 4K, HDR, ray tracing, 60+fps mode, include ReMind on the disc. maybe add new keyblade as a bonus tho probably not.

AegisXIII

Awards

There is a lot of misconception between backward compatibility and ps5 versions of a game.
Although it is true that Kh3 will be backward compatible, I am pretty sure that a ps5 optimized version with haptic feedback in the remote and some improved graphics will definitely happen.
And that's the main direction a lot of devs are taking. I really would like to see what KH can do with some ray tracing.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Huh? a lot of games get re-release for newer consoles to take advantage of the hardware. it's called remaster. spider-man is a perfect example.
They can implement 4K, HDR, ray tracing, 60+fps mode, include ReMind on the disc. maybe add new keyblade as a bonus tho probably not.

I guess you make a good point. 1.5 + 2.5 was the Kingdom Hearts game for 2018 despite being an enhanced port of the remasters.

NoWay

Awards
If they released a PS5 remaster, they would be able to gain some experience with the PS5, Raytracing, haptic Feedback and all the other new stuff.

I’d really love a PS5 Remaster of KH3.

AegisXIII

Awards
Did he say: no new game in 2021 or no annoucement in 2021?
You can announce a game 2 years in advance. Even a decade if you think about versus13, haha.
We just need enough stuff to speculate.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Did he say: no new game in 2021 or no annoucement in 2021?
You can announce a game 2 years in advance. Even a decade if you think about versus13, haha.
We just need enough stuff to speculate.

Kingdom Hearts news is going on a break, he hopes to bring good news in 2022 for the anniversary. Those are Nomura’s words.

AegisXIII

Awards
could 2021 be the year of ff7 remake part 2? Seems a bit early.

NoWay

Awards
could 2021 be the year of ff7 remake part 2? Seems a bit early.
I don’t think so tbh. In the last interview about Part 2 it didn’t sound like they were ready to release the game soon.

Awards
Didn't Nomura say that Osaka was already working on the next game in the KH3 ultimania only to backtrack later on?

If the next game is announced in 2022, it'll probably release within the same year too.

Back