• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The New Kingdom Hearts 'Style' So far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
What are you thoughts on how the appearance of Kingdom Hearts is coming along? I think the new Toy Story world really sold it for some skeptics.

Still, I think there's some tweaks and stuff that needs to be done? One of my biggest gripes I've had with the newest trailers are Xehanort and Xemnas. Even Riku had this issue. Their hair is so light that their eyebrows like, disappear or something. I edited a few screenshots and made the eyebrows more obvious and that kinda fixes the issue for me.

tumblr_ot5rs03oim1v6nthwo2_540.png

tumblr_ot5rs03oim1v6nthwo1_540.png

But what say you? What do you like and dislike about the current appearance of Kingdom Hearts? And how do you think it can be fixed (if it can be fixed at all). Are they still going with the idea of the shaders changing to match each Kingdom Hearts World? Because I kinda don't see it? I mean, I guess I see the difference between Twilight Town and Toy Story. Twilight Town has a sunset dim over everything. Toy Story is bright and colorful, but so is Olympus Coliseum.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think the Disney characters and Sora look amazing. That said, though, most of the original characters just… still look meh to me. Like, Young Xehanort looks horrible imo. So does Xemnas. There's just something weird about them, but I don't know what.

Still, we all shouldn't forget about the changes 0.2 has made throughout its development. I'm sure they will figure it all out.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Still, we all shouldn't forget about the changes 0.2 has made throughout its development. I'm sure they will figure it all out.

Word. I'm not gonna lose sleep over this, not yet at least.

Still, it's kinda sad the supposed "stars" of this game are the least impressive looking.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora looks amazing, but Young Xehanort and Xemnas need a lot of work.

It is pretty clear they have certain characters at varying levels of priority. YX and Xemnas will probably get fixed or have already been fixed. Remember that they cut these trailers and then make a million updates and revisions in the game to the point that they are often outdated visuals for the game once the actual trailer releases.

Booyakasha.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't really have a major issue with Young Xehanort and Xemnas. I think it's just the lighting or something. They don't look THAT bad. I'm sure they'll be cleaned up. I mean look at 0.2 and the issues before its release.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah the Xehanort crew and Maleficent seem to have crap lighting on their models still. I think the models themselves are fine? Just need to develop it more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't really have a major issue with Young Xehanort and Xemnas. I think it's just the lighting or something. They don't look THAT bad. I'm sure they'll be cleaned up. I mean look at 0.2 and the issues before its release.

Lighting is definitely playing a part in some of it (mainly with Maleficent), but it is mostly stemming from the proportions on Xemnas and YX being slightly off.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I agree with Master (Oracle?!?!) Spockanort. The video representation doesn't look too bad, but when you show still images, well....yeah, not the best. Some tweaks to the animation should suffice. The models don't look half bad in my opinion. Xemnas' hair needs some work that for sure.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Sora and the Disney cast look fantastic, but Maleficent has lighting issues. Xemnas and Young Xehanort have that problem too, but the proportions of their faces are also a bit off, with Young Xehanort's eyes too far apart.

I went and edited Young Xehanort further so his eye are a bit closer together, and adjusted by the socket accordingly.
DrQTXBf.png

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
There's no question that these models need work, but at the same time, I think some people are complaining about the original character models because they secretly miss the standard Kingdom Hearts graphical format.

Awards
Sora 2015 vs 2017

EAMZJSz.jpg

I wouldn't be worried. They can do it.
I love how Sora on the right picture looks happy about getting ready to shoot Nobodies.

Sora and the Disney cast look fantastic, but Maleficent has lighting issues. Xemnas and Young Xehanort have that problem too, but the proportions of their faces are also a bit off, with Young Xehanort's eyes too far apart.

I went and edited Young Xehanort further so his eye are a bit closer together, and adjusted by the socket accordingly.
DrQTXBf.png
I think the nose is part of the problem. Look at dat nose. Just give the man a new nose and we'll be fine

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I love the new style as much as I love the old one. It has nothing to do with preference and I'm excited to see the further evolution of the "KH Style". Aqua looked a bit strange at first and I'm glad they managed to make her look beautiful.

As for Xehanort/Xemnas, it's like they have the opposite problems. Xemnas's eyes are too small, and Xehanort's are too big. Something that had me curious was the change from this:

tangled-young-xehanort-and-eraqus-confirmed-in-kingdom-hearts-3-gameplay-trailer.jpg

I only kinda realized that Xehanort's hair is actually different. Why? Is it because we're supposed to distinguish him at a different age? But anyway, if they're using the same model, then yeah, the model probably isn't the problem. It's the lighting.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think the nose is part of the problem. Look at dat nose. Just give the man a new nose and we'll be fine
Okay.

HeMnpEe.png

Something that had me curious was the change from this:

tangled-young-xehanort-and-eraqus-confirmed-in-kingdom-hearts-3-gameplay-trailer.jpg

I only kinda realized that Xehanort's hair is actually different. Why? Is it because we're supposed to distinguish him at a different age?
It's probably because shorter hair is easier to manage, so it's more to show his Keyblade apprentice days than a different age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back