• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The New Fanfiction of the Week! (Week 1 RESULTS IN)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
ATTENTION fellow writers!

writing.jpg

Have you recently found yourself devoid of inspiration, staring at a white, blank page with no incentive to write fanfictions anymore? Do you just want more reason to expand your writing skills? Well look no further! The Creative Writing Section would like to introduce: Fanfiction of the Week (FFOTW)!

So what exactly is it?
- Fanfiction of the Week is a weekly/biweekly competition that is somewhat reminiscent to Signature of the Week (over in Digital Media). This particular competition, however, is focused on KH themed fanfictions in which a theme will be announced and you will be allowed to submit an entry to win the title(for the week). Consider it awesome bragging rights. Who knows? You might even get a fancy award...​

What's expected of me?
- Write KH fanfictions that pertain to the theme of the week. It's pretty simple! You would also need to meet a 300 word minimum. That's not too long but don't go overboard; operate within limits! Also, nothing too inappropriate (but that's also defined in the rules).​

Will we always write KH-related fanfictions?
- No. Depending on the popularity/success of this event, FFOTW will hopefully branch out into other fandoms such as Final Fantasy, Bleach, Homestuck... Anything that's in demand, really, but first we must take baby steps. And since this is a Kingdom Hearts website, there's nothing better to kick off the event than with some good ol' KH-lovin'.​

~*~

THEME & SCHEDULING
(Kid Flash: Aw man, I told you we'd be late!):
A theme will be announced every other week on a Monday, thus marking the first official day to submit fictions for that specific week. Submissions will be received until that Saturday and a winner will be announced on the following Monday with the new theme.

A WINNER IS CHOSEN
(Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen: he was number one!):
Through a blend of judging scores and poll results, the person with the highest overall score and number of votes will be crowned Fanfiction Author of the Week! Its a mouthful but then again, you get bragging rights.

JUDGES
(Wanna read them all?):
Judges assemble! For this competition, a panel of judges is required. These judges have to be reliable, unbiased, and willing to read plenty of fanfictions! As a judge, you will be expected to read, review, and give feedback on fanfictions so that a score can be totaled. If you are interested in this position please review the application and submit it to Passion by Friday, February 8th, 2013.

VOTING
(Vote for Pedro.)
If you're not selected as a contender for FFOTW or if you didn't submit your piece in time, then fear not! You are still able to participate in this community event through polling! For each theme, a master post with all of the competitors' pieces will be posted and you will be able to decide which one you think fit the theme the best, is the most well-executed, etc.

~*~
Basic Rules
1) Please stay relevant to the theme. Anything off-topic will not be considered as a contestant.
2) Make sure to send your fiction on time. Nothing will be accepted past the due date.
3) Keep your fictions appropriate. Think T+ on Fanfiction.net as your boundary :)
4) A minimum of at least 300 words. That's pretty reasonable.
5) These are ONE SHOT fanfictions. No novels or chapter fics please.
6) Be courteous and composed in respective threads
7) Have fun, yo!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sound off in the comments and make sure to spread the word regarding this new event! The first theme will be announced on Monday, February 11th, 2013.

Thanks, and stay classy KHI!
tumblr_lxbkfoEet71qkh06wo1_500.gif

Awards
Re: The New Fanfiction of the Week!

Ah, I'm conflicted. I wish I could be a judge (I could handle any couples, and I think I have a awesome grasp of grammar) but I don't think I'd have the time to devote to get the job done properly.

You can count on me to participate, though!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Sounds like fun! I've been meaning to try my hand at fan fiction but I never get around to it for one reason or another. This could be a good starter.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

Oh, this would be fun! I don't think I'd be able to compete every week, but if I have some time and inspiration, I'd love to participate! I can't wait to hear what the first theme will be! :D

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Get ready everyone! The very first theme will be announced on Monday Feb. 11th, 2013. I, the judges, and the community can't wait to see what you guys will whip up!

_____

Okay so I lied, I'm a day late! This week's theme has to be Valentine's Day. C'mon, how did you not see that one coming. Since it's our first week of competition, let's try to keep this one KH based. Make sure to submit your entries to me (Passion) by the end of the week - Saturday February 16th, 2013.

Good-luck to all and happy writing!

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

A day late but we still have the same dead line?

*huff*

Valentine's Day...this competition already hates me, lol.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
If there's an overwhelming consensus to push the deadline back a day, then ill be more than happy to do so. However, I think that's still enough time to write something winner-worthy :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone ♥

The Saturday deadline is quickly approaching! Please make sure to get your submissions in ASAP so that you may be considered for Fanfiction Author of the Week. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, as always.

Last edited:

Passion

Silver Member
Awards

Entries are due at Midnight (tonight), Sat. 2/16/2013. Can't wait to see all of the entries along with my team of judges.

Organization_42

Awards

*pokes thread* Hey guys, I was just wondering, since it's been over a week, will we get to vote on the Valentine's Day-themed fanfics soon? When will the next theme be available?

Passion

Silver Member
Awards

Results for Week One:

Congratulations to Organization_42!

- When Hearts Collide
captured the most hearts during this Valentine's Day themed round. Wear your title of "Fanfiction Author of the Week" with pride, and a little prize will be headed your way soon. Thanks to everyone who participated this round!

The new theme this week is...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Submissions are to be sent to me, Passion, by Friday, March 8th at midnight. Can't wait to see your submissions.

Organization_42

Awards

Results for Week One:

Congratulations to Organization_42!

- When Hearts Collide
captured the most hearts during this Valentine's Day themed round. Wear your title of "Fanfiction Author of the Week" with pride, and a little prize will be headed your way soon. Thanks to everyone who participated this round!

WOW!!! Thank you so much!

"Young Love" was really cute and funny too. I love RokuNami, especially when it's a fic that involves Axel giving Roxas advice on romance. :D

The new theme this week is...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

...oh dear. I need to think about this one. There's so many possibilities with this theme that I can't think of what I want to write! But it's a great theme!

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Okay so I'm extending the deadline to Monday March 11th, 2013. I really can't wait to see your entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back