- Feb 4, 2009
ATTENTION fellow writers!
Have you recently found yourself devoid of inspiration, staring at a white, blank page with no incentive to write fanfictions anymore? Do you just want more reason to expand your writing skills? Well look no further! The Creative Writing Section would like to introduce: Fanfiction of the Week (FFOTW)!
So what exactly is it?
- Fanfiction of the Week is a weekly/biweekly competition that is somewhat reminiscent to Signature of the Week (over in Digital Media). This particular competition, however, is focused on KH themed fanfictions in which a theme will be announced and you will be allowed to submit an entry to win the title(for the week). Consider it awesome bragging rights. Who knows? You might even get a fancy award...
What's expected of me?
- Write KH fanfictions that pertain to the theme of the week. It's pretty simple! You would also need to meet a 300 word minimum. That's not too long but don't go overboard; operate within limits! Also, nothing too inappropriate (but that's also defined in the rules).
Will we always write KH-related fanfictions?
- No. Depending on the popularity/success of this event, FFOTW will hopefully branch out into other fandoms such as Final Fantasy, Bleach, Homestuck... Anything that's in demand, really, but first we must take baby steps. And since this is a Kingdom Hearts website, there's nothing better to kick off the event than with some good ol' KH-lovin'.
THEME & SCHEDULING
(Kid Flash: Aw man, I told you we'd be late!):
A theme will be announced every other week on a Monday, thus marking the first official day to submit fictions for that specific week. Submissions will be received until that Saturday and a winner will be announced on the following Monday with the new theme.
A WINNER IS CHOSEN
(Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen: he was number one!):
Through a blend of judging scores and poll results, the person with the highest overall score and number of votes will be crowned Fanfiction Author of the Week! Its a mouthful but then again, you get bragging rights.
(Wanna read them all?):
Judges assemble! For this competition, a panel of judges is required. These judges have to be reliable, unbiased, and willing to read plenty of fanfictions! As a judge, you will be expected to read, review, and give feedback on fanfictions so that a score can be totaled. If you are interested in this position please review the application and submit it to Passion by Friday, February 8th, 2013.
(Vote for Pedro.)
If you're not selected as a contender for FFOTW or if you didn't submit your piece in time, then fear not! You are still able to participate in this community event through polling! For each theme, a master post with all of the competitors' pieces will be posted and you will be able to decide which one you think fit the theme the best, is the most well-executed, etc.
1) Please stay relevant to the theme. Anything off-topic will not be considered as a contestant.
2) Make sure to send your fiction on time. Nothing will be accepted past the due date.
3) Keep your fictions appropriate. Think T+ on Fanfiction.net as your boundary
4) A minimum of at least 300 words. That's pretty reasonable.
5) These are ONE SHOT fanfictions. No novels or chapter fics please.
6) Be courteous and composed in respective threads
7) Have fun, yo!
Spoiler ShowThank you so much for your interest in becoming a FFOTW Judge! In order to become such an esteemed member of this community, you must fill out this application before proceeding.
- Are you willing to read ANY kind of fanfiction (and I mean any... you never know what the fandom will throw at you. honestly)?
- Are you willing to tolerate seeing EXTREME amounts of Sora x Kairi fictions?
- Are you taking any of these questions seriously?
I see we're off to a good start. Here are a bit more hard hitting questions.
- How often are you available during the week? The weekend?
- How familiar are you with fanfiction and the mechanics of the English language?
- Why do you want to judge?
Also note that as a judge you will have to relay information through me or another appointed official. Miscommunication is a no-no and something we want to avoid. Don't be afraid to ask questions regarding certain rules, rubrics, or fictions. Once you're a judge you're a part of the team (we're like SDG or PPG or YJ or... well you catch my drift).
Make sure to send in this application by Friday, February 8th, 2013 so we can begin the competition. Thanks for your interest love ♥
Sound off in the comments and make sure to spread the word regarding this new event! The first theme will be announced on Monday, February 11th, 2013.
Thanks, and stay classy KHI!