• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The New Angel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMarblinc18

I liked it alot! (Im completely obsessed with this Anime ^_^)
It gave an interesting view on what could have happened after the black wings.
Great job! 5/5

Last edited:

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
OK!! Sorry it took so long, but I finally finished the new chapter of The New Angel!

Chapter 5​

Phantom Light​

“What are you doing here Satoshi?” I asked, still imitating Dark. It was the first time I had called my dad by his first name to him. “I wasn’t expecting you.” My back was still turned to him to hide my face.

“I figured something was going on since someone with wings is still outside.” He put his hand on my shoulder. There was now even more shouting coming from outside, and two of the voices were definitely recognizable.

“KRAD!!! LEAVE THEM ALONE!!” Dark screamed as the glass above us shattered and fell.

“For being a thief, you sure are noble.” Krad paused as he hovered above us. “What about that man with the white hair and black wings, can I bother him?” Then he came closer to the ground. “Oh, I’m sorry, can I bother her?”

“You back off now Krad! She’s never done anything to you!” Dark flew to the floor, grabbed my hand, and set off a smoke bomb so we could get away from Krad and my father.

We flew out of the museum and over the crowd of people, who were still watching to see what would happen next. I looked down at them and many audible gasps erupted from the crowd. Then things like “Who is he with? I’ve seen another winged man with him, but not someone with white hair and black wings before, who is he?” Were shouted. We continued to fly away while Krad and my dad were still in the museum, After several minutes, we reached the park again. I took off my bracelet and With and I returned back to our normal forms.

“Did you get the Tiara?” Dark asked, returning to his public form as well. I held it out to him. “Awesome! You had better get home now, it’s getting late. Oh, I forgot something.” Dark put his arms around me and kissed my lips, then pulled his face away. “Please don’t let what we did tonight get out that it was us, I don’t want someone to hurt you, and if someone makes the connection that I’m Dark, then it’s only a small jump to you being my partner.”

“I won’t tell anyone, I won’t even write it in my diary.” I wrapped my arms around his neck, sealing the promise. “Bye Dark, I’ll see you at school.” I took off running to my house, as he did his.

“Anne, are you ok? Dad told me Dark kidnapped you,” Alex said as I walked in the door.

“Don’t worry Alex, I wasn’t kidnapped, Derek sent that letter as a joke, I was with him.” Alex glared at me. “And no, nothing happened, we were just hanging out, so get over it.” Alex was still mad, but he dropped the subject. “Where were you last night, I didn’t see you since you took off at the Hishatori Mansion. Ashley was pretty worried about you.”

Alex blushed. “If you must know, I got lost, I hadn’t been to the mansion and I didn’t know my way around,” He paused. “You look tired, you should get to bed.” He shooed me away to my room. I really was exhausted from the day’s activities, so I changed and went to sleep.

After what seemed like five seconds, Alex was banging on my door and yelling at me to get up. I looked at the alarm clock and saw that it was 8:00, school started in twenty minutes. I screamed, threw my shoe at the door, and got dressed as fast as I could. As soon as I was ready, we left, Alex speeding just to get there on time. We jumped out of the car and ran into the building and I ran to my class, just to find that the teacher was no where to be found.

“I really need to transfer out of this class. I wonder if the swimming class has any openings…” I muttered. Then someone came behind me and covered my eyes. Their hands were very familiar, feathery soft. “Derek! Grow up!” I yelled.

“Aww, that’s no fun. Now, what was that you were saying about swimming class?” He asked.
“This class almost NEVER has a teacher, so I was thinking of transferring to Swimming if there were any openings.”

“That’s not a bad idea, and it is a small class, so they probably do have some spots open. Want to go see?” He asked, taking my arm and pulling me along.

“I don’t think I have a choice.” I laughed.

“Nope, besides, I was thinking of going there anyway. I don’t have a single class with my best friend, and going to Swimming would change that. I think you and him will get along well.” He lead me to the swimming teacher’s office. She was sitting at her desk and typing on her computer when she saw us come in.

“Hello, what can I do for you Derek?” She asked with a smile on her face.

“We were wondering if we could transfer from our World History class to here for our first period, since our teacher never shows up.” Derek told her.

“Well,” she frowned, “you already have the credit for this class, you took it last year.”

“Can’t I take it again for an elective? I need a few more of those this year anyway.” Derek puppy-dog pouted. “Please?

“Aww…Ok, yes you can transfer.” She handed him a slip. “Just get this signed by the Headmaster and your teacher and you are in my class.” She then turned her head towards me. “Who are you?”

“She’s Anne, she also wants to transfer.” I stomped on Derek’s foot. “Ouch! What was that for?!”

“She can speak for herself Derek.” The teacher laughed.

“Thank you. I’m Anne Hikari, I do also want to transfer to this class, would that be ok?” I asked.

“What class do you want to be in Anne?” She asked, handing me a slip identical to Derek’s.

“I’m not the best of swimmers, so I guess the regular class.” I replied. I really was a terrible swimmer.

“And Derek will be in the speed class.” She started to fill out forms of her own to complete her part, but Derek slammed his hand down on the paper.

“Actually, I would like to renew my safety card, if that is ok.”

“You don’t need it renewed until your senior year. Your best option is the speed class.” She told him, then she looked up at me and her eyes ran down my right arm to my hand, which was in Derek’s, and she smiled. “I get it now, how about you be my assistant in teaching? I can’t often get in the water unless there is an emergency, but you, since you have no prior commitments, you can go in whenever you want.”

“Sounds great, but won’t the Juniors and Seniors think it’s strange that a Sophomore is teaching them?” He asked.

“You look like a Senior anyway Derek, your body, mind, and skill don’t show your true age. You won’t be questioned.” She laughed when Derek started blushing. “Just get those signed and come back her tomorrow, everything will be set up.” She sent us on our way and we started looking for our teacher, when we saw him pull up in the parking lot. We went out to talk to him.

“Miss Hikari, Mister Niwa, what are you doing out here? You are supposed to be in class!” He scolded.

“First period is over, it’s free period for us now, besides, you never showed up.”

“You honestly expect me to believe you Niwa?” He asked. “It’s only…” he looked at his watch, “Oh, it IS second period, I’m sorry.”

“We want to switch out of your class and we need you to sign these please.” Derek took out our slips so he could sign them.

“Why would you want out of my class? Don’t you like it?” He took the slips and signed them.

“It’s not a matter or liking or disliking the class, you’re never there, so we don’t learn anything., this will give us something to do.” I took the slips back from and gave them to Derek. “Thank you sir.” We turned and went back into the school. We wandered around for a few minutes looking for Headmaster Hiwatari so he could sign the slips/ We finally went to the office and asked for him.

“I’ll go get him.” The secretary went into the Headmaster’s office and they both came out.

“What can I do for you two? Miss Hishatori isn’t causing more problems is she?” He asked.

“No, she’s not, we would like you to sign these please.” Derek said handing him the slips.

“Sure, no problem, Miss Carol has already informed me of the situation.” He handed them back. “A teaching assistant huh Derek? I’m proud of you, especially since you are only a sophomore. Not many lower classmen get that status, but you were the top of your class last year.”

Derek blushed at the complement. “Thank you Sir. We’ll see you around then?”

“Of course, have a nice day you two.”

“You too Sir!” We went to the cafeteria to find that Alex and the Harada twins were already there talking.

“Who was that white haired man with Dark last night?” Elizabeth asked.

“I’d say that was Krad, but he had black wings.” Ashley said, looking utterly confused. Then the television in the corner was switched to a news report about the robbery from the night before.

“Last night was an event indeed. Dark escaped, as usual, but this time, it seems that he had an accomplish with him. No one knows who this mysterious man is, but it seems that he and Dark were close. No one even knows what to call this second thief.” The news reporter paused for a moment as he got a message from another member of the crew, and his eyes widened with surprise. “It appears that Satoshi Hikari, the chief of police, was able to get the first look at the new thief, but Krad, Dark’s eternal nemesis, had seen him from above and asked if he could bother “her”. Apparently, the thief is a woman, possibly a friend or relative of our infamous Phantom Thief.” He paused again as he got another message. “Satoshi Hikari is willing to give us an interview about the events of last night’s robbery. Tune in l…” The television was turned off.

“ALEX! Why did you do that?!” The twins yelled.

“It’s pointless to watch something on TV when you can get the information in person on your own. He IS our dad after all, I’m sure he’ll tell us if we ask,” He said. Derek and I exchanged worried looks. “What’s with you two?”

“Nothing!!” We said in unison, then I burst out laughing, Derek’s voice had cracked.

“What was THAT?!?!” I asked him, still laughing. “I thought that you would have grown out of that stage by now!” All of us were laughing now, even Derek himself because it was so unexpected.

“I seriously don’t have any clue as to where that came from. I hope my grandma doesn’t find out, she would never let me forget it. She never lets me forget anything that might be embarrassing at all.” Derek sighed.

“You want to hear something that might be embarrassing to Anne?” Alex asked. The twins nodded and Alex smiled. “Heh, you’ll love this.”

Alex pulled out a cassette tape and a portable player and started playing it. The sound of water falling was the first thing to be heard from the player. We all exchanged looks of confusion because it hadn’t rained since I got there, then the sound of my voice filled the room. “He’s my best friend, best of all best friends. Do you have a best friend too? He tickles in my tummy, he’s so yummy yummy. Hey you should get a best friend too!”

Alex, Elizabeth and Ashley started cracking up at once after hearing my singing in the shower. I could hardly believe that my brother had the nerve to do that to me.

“YOU RECORDED ME SINGING IN THE SHOWER?!?!?!” Why would you do that? I’m putting a lock on my door!” I yelled and hit my brother for the invasion of privacy.

“What is that song? I’ve never heard it before.” Derek looked quite confused while hiding a slight snicker.

“It’s just a song I got stuck in my head that night.” Alex had managed what he intended, my utter embarrassment.

“It’s better than what we caught Derek singing the other day! He was in his room and he didn’t know we were there, so I recorded it on my phone.” Elizabeth pulled out her phone and music started.

“NO!!!” Derek grabbed the phone out of her hand and threw it down on the floor, shattering it before his voice could come. “How could you do that to me?? I knew it was a bad idea to get you guys phones for your birthday.”

“Aww, you take the fun out of everything Derek…” Elizabeth complained.

“Why don’t you just…” The bell rang for us to go to class in the middle of Derek’s sentence. “I’ll see you guys after school. Alex, Eli, you guys REALLY need to grow up a bit you know?”

“Agreed, that was just wrong you guys.” I turned to walk away, but Derek stopped me in my tracks.

“My house after school ok?” He whispered in my ear. I nodded and we went our separate ways.

At lunch, the intercom rang out. “Will the Hikari siblings please report to the office to check out?” The secretary said, then it shut off. I groaned and stepped out of line to leave. When we got to the office, Alex and I were told to go meet our father outside.

“We have got to catch at least one of the thieves tonight. Our best bet would be to try to catch the new one.” Our dad said. “Do you guys have any new information on her?” He asked.

“I head that people were calling her Phantom Light, it seems fitting to me, she does have white hair, so it makes sense.” Derek came out holding a back. “I grabbed you a sandwitch and some fries since you had to leave.” He held it out to me.

“Beat it Derek, you’re not wanted!” Alex pushed him away. Why don’t you just jump off a cliff?”

“Why don’t you just shut up Alex?!” I kicked him in the shin. “He didn’t do anything wrong. Why do you have to be such a jerk?”

“You have no idea who he is do you?” He breathed in pain.

“I know exactly who he is, he is a sweet, kind, and gentle man who wanted to help. He doesn’t need punished for that, no one does.” I walked over to Derek and kissed him. “Sorry about him, I really don’t know what his deal is.”

“You didn’t do it, you had nothing to do with this, you couldn’t have.” He said, handing me the bag.
“Thanks Derek.” I took the bag and felt that food wasn’t the only thing that was inside it. “I really appreciate it.”

“Anne, we should go now. Have a good day Derek.” My dad pulled on my arm and opened the car door.

“You too Satoshi, good luck!” Derek winked at me and went back into the school as we drove off. I opened the bag and found a sandwich, fries, the bracelet that turns my hair white, a bundle of black feathers and note which said “Change of plans, meet me at the park at 3:30, I’ll bring your clothes and explain things. Love, Dark.” I quickly hid the note after reading it and took out the sandwich and started eating it. By the time we were home, I had finished and put the bracelet, feathers, and note in my pickets so I could throw the bag away.

“Anne, get changed, we are leaving in 20 minutes.” My dad went into his room and closed the door.

“Hey,” Alex threw a box to me. “It’s a pocket watch, might help us meet up at the right time.”

“Sorry, my clothes don’t have pockets, but I could put it in my shirt if…”

“Uh…you don’t have to do that!” Alex cut me off. “Don’t worry about it then, it’s still yours though.”

“Ok, thanks.” We returned to our rooms. I looked at my clock and saw it was 2:40 pm already. “I have to meet Dark in about an hour, I hope I can get there in time.” I said to myself as I changed my clothes. “God these are uncomfortable…”

“Anne!! Let’s go!” My dad called from down stairs. It was already 3:00, changing took longer than I had thought. “Anne!”

“Coming!” I gathered my stuff from Dark and ran down stairs and out the door.

“Why does it take girls so long to change? Geeze.” Alex complained.

“I had to do something about that watch right?” I pointed to a chain around my neck that went into my top. “It was a really good idea.”

“Oh ok. Well, let’s get moving, Dark is supposed to appear in an hour. We need to get to that jewelry museum.” We got in the car and took off. When we got to the museum, I was sent to the back entrance while they went to the sides. As soon as I was out of site, I took off running back to the park. I ran into the sheltered area, tripped, and landed right on top of Dark.

“Heh, glad to see me eh?” He asked, blushing at the awkwardness of the situation.

“Always.” I got off of him and helped him up. “Sorry about that, I didn’t know you were already here.”
“That’s ok, you have your things right?” He asked.

“I don’t know, let me check.” I flipped my hair so it would not only hit my face, but his too. I crossed my eyes to look at what had stuck to my face. “It looks white to me.”

“Ok, one quick lesson before we go.” He held out a black feather, like the ones he had given me. “If you ever need me or are ready to go, just hold one out and say my name. Try it.”

I held out a feather from the bundle. “Dark.” It started to vibrate, then it floated as high as it could in the sheltered area and flashed a white light three times as it went to Dark.

“Once I see this, I’ll come. We had better go.” He opened his bag and took With out. As soon as I was ready to go, we left. When we got to the museum, we sat on the roof.

“So, what am I supposed to steal this time?” I asked.

“The Demon Eyes Rubies, they are a pair of earrings, they look like eyes, thus their name.” Dark looked at the surroundings. “What’s he doing here?” He groaned.

“Who?”

“Your brother, he always shows up, then disappears, it’s kind of annoying.”

“Oh, our dad brings us with him to catch you.”

“What’s he doing?” Dark asked as we watched Alex.

“He looks like he’s in pain…” I commented. “Let’s get a little closer.”

“Yeah, that might be a good idea.” Dark took my hand and we flew down to a tree that was close to Alex and we listened.

“No,” he panted, “I won’t let you take over!” He bent over and put his hands on his legs to steady himself.

“This is very familiar, but I don’t remember where from,” Dark whispered, “but whatever it is…”
“Alex!” I gasped as I saw him collapse.

“NO!!!” Alex screamed in pain as pure white wings emerged from his back.

“Yes Alexander, you know you can’t hold me back for long.” A different voice said as he stood up.

“Oh my God…” Dark’s eyes widened as he watched his sworn enemy take control of and use the body of my brother.

If you don't know how this happened, read the next chapter, The Hikari Secret. I'll try to get it out as soon as I can.

Hope you liked the story so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back