• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The New Angel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanche

Happily Insane
okay i cant beleive that i forgot about her
-_- even on fridays i have to get off early

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I read the prologue, and this seems like a fic i will stay interested in till the end. I would read more, but i am very tired, and i would like to wait to read more till im not yawning every five seconds. i'll try to read more next time im on. keep up the good work jen:)

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
Chapter 4

Lynn’s Enemy​

The next day at school, Derek and I were walking to class together, when Lynn stormed up to us, pushed Derek away and smacked me across the face.

“What the heck was that for?!” I demanded, rubbing my cheek.

“You know very well what it’s for! Last night when Dark came to my house, he got distracted by something. I was watching from my window, and I saw you getting carried off in his arms. Dark is supposed to like me, not some American who just happens to be the first female in the Hikari family since Rio, Satoshi’s mom. I suggest you leave him alone if you know what’s good for you.”

“She’s not even interested in Dark, he just helped her escape from Krad, I saw the whole thing, they didn’t do anything,” Derek cut in. “And you know what Lynn, Dark wouldn’t be interested in you even if you were the last woman on Earth, he would go gay before he went to you.”

“Derek, be nice to her, she is just desperate,” I said, grabbing his arm to pull him away. “We’re going to be late for class.”

“I don’t think it’ll matter if we are Anne, the teacher is so rarely there that I don’t even know his name,” Derek said, following me.

“Hey Ashley, Elizabeth, how are you guys today?” I asked.

“Really depressed actually. Alex isn’t here, do you know where he’s at?” Ashley asked.

“I haven’t seen him since the attempted robbery last night, but I got home really late, Dark didn’t know the way to my house, so I could have just missed him,” I told her.

“I’m upset too, I couldn’t get a glimpse of Dark last night, and yet he took you home.”

“I’m sorry Elizabeth, it wasn’t that fun anyway--AH! With!” I shouted. “What are you doing here?” I asked the rabbit who had jumped on my shoulder.

“Kyuu!” was all I got from him.

“Derek…”

“Don’t look at me, he snuck into my bag this morning. I’ll call to get him home,” he said, taking out his cell phone and started to dial. “Hey Grandma, you think you could get either Mom or Dad to take With home please? He snuck away again. They’re busy? Then could you please? Thanks, we’ll be at the front of the school, the teacher never showed up, so we don’t have class today, again, and I took the bus so yeah. Yeah, I love you too, bye.” Derek hung up his phone.

“I didn’t know you lived with your grandma, that is so sweet!” I said, taking his hand again.

“Well my dad never moved out of the house that he grew up in, neither did his mom. It’s kinda a Niwa thing.” He paused and looked down. “You do like physical contact don’t you?”

“Oh, sorry, does it bother you?” I asked, pulling my hand away.

“No, it’s fine,” he said, taking my hand back and pulling me closer to him. “I just noticed it, that’s all.”

“Are you two going out already?” Elizabeth asked. “Ok, pay up Ash, that’s 200 yen!” She held out her hand to collect.

“You guys bet on if we would be boyfriend and girlfriend?” Derek’s eye twitched.

“No, we bet on when, I said a month, and she said a week.” Ashley pulled out her wallet to pay Elizabeth.

“Yeah, we saw the way you two looked at each other last week, plus Derek’s the world’s biggest flirt.” Elizabeth added. We walked down to the front of the school and waited for Derek’s grandmother, who would be there shortly. Derek and I sat together on the stairs while the twins stood. With came out of Derek’s bag and jumped on my lap, startling me again, and asked to be pet.

“You’re so sweet With,” I said, picking him up to give him a hug.

“That’s not fair, you give my stupid rabbit a hug, but you wont give me one?” Derek joked “I see how it is, you use me only to get close to my pet.”

“You jealous? I don’t love you for your rabbit, I love him as well as you, you know that.” I leaned over to kiss his cheek, but he turned his head toward mine and our lips touched, just as Derek’s grandmother drove up.

“Derek Nicolas Niwa!” she yelled from her car. She had medium length red hair with streaks of grey in it, brown eyes, and was very fit for her age. Except for her hair, she looked like she was in her mid 30’s. “You could have told me you had a girlfriend. You know how much of a romantic I am,” she smiled.

Derek got up and held out his hand to help me up as well so we could go to her. “And I also know how much of a gossip you are too, besides, we just started last night. This is Anne, she’s from America.” He turned to me and took With from my arms. “This is my grandma, Emiko Niwa.” He handed With over to her.

“Nice to meet you Ms. Niwa,” I said. “Your family is way cool from what I’ve seen of it Derek.”

“Derek, Emiko, and the twins smiled. “Yeah, they can be cool when they want to be. Bye With, stay home this time ok?” Derek waved goodbye to the rabbit who was put in the back seat. Then someone yelled at us from behind.

“Niwa, Harada, Hikari! My office, NOW!” Headmaster Hiwatari was standing in the doorway of the school with a scowl on his face. Lynn was standing behind him with a triumphant air about her as if saying “Now you’ll get yours.”

“Hikari? Your name is Hikari?” Emiko sounded disappointed.

“Yeah, she’s Satoshi’s daughter Aunt Emiko,” Ashley answered.

“What about “now” do you not understand?! Move it!” We followed the headmaster obediently as Emiko drove off, all the while Lynne was smirking and walking like she was a Goddess. We waked to his office and sat down. “Miss Hishatori has reported that you four assaulted her earlier in the hallway. Would you please recap what happened Miss Hishatori?”

“Yeah,” she said, showing a series of bruises and scratch marks on her arms. “I was walking down the hall when I saw them and I simply said hi. Derek, who is jealous of Dark for having my affections, just blew up and attacked me saying “If I cant have you, no one can!” At this time, his friend and cousins started grabbing and clawing me, and Hikari bit me.” She showed a bite mark on her hand. “I couldn’t get away from them, so I yelled and they ran off outside. That’s when you showed up.” She had fake tears in her eyes, which the Headmaster seemed to believe.

“Out girls, I’ll call you back in one at a time after I talk to Niwa.” The Headmaster opened the door and we left the room. The secretary was instructed to watch us. No one spoke, but we knew what the others were thinking. The twins were glaring at Lynn, she was smiling, but when the secretary’s eyes landed on her, she winced in mock pain, which sent her eyes to the three of us. I, however, was terrified. It was only my first week of school here and I was about to be punished for something that I didn’t do.

“Ashley, your turn,” Derek said, walking out of the room. The elder of the twins, got up and walked into the office and shut the door behind her. Derek sat down where she was, between me and Elizabeth and started petting my hand. When he did, I broke out in tears that rolled down my face and fell on his hand. He looked up and put his arm around my shoulders to comfort me. I put my head on his shoulder gently. The secretary, who had left her post, had come back to see the scene. Lynn had forgotten to fake her pain and was snickering at us.

“What’s going on here?” she asked in a tone that snapped us out of what world we were in and back into reality. “Niwa, Hikari, separate. Hishatori, stop faking, you felt fine just before I spoke. Have you all spoken to the Headmaster yet?” We shook our heads. “I will wait then.” She sat back down.

“Your turn Eli,” Ashley said as she came out of the office. “After that, it’s yours Anne.”

“Yeah, I know,” I breathed. I felt like I was going to start crying.

“It’s ok, you didn’t do anything wrong, none of us did, that’s what I told him, and we only left because the teacher never showed. Lynn probably hurt herself and blamed it on us because she is jealous of you.” Then Derek whispered in my ear. “How about Dark gives you something later? You might enjoy it, but you would have to do something for him in return, does that sound ok to you?” I nodded. “Then it’s settled, a letter will be sent to your house later for your dad.”

“Anne, you’re up,” Elizabeth came out of the office and she took the chair I was in.

“Come sit down Miss Hikari.” The Headmaster gestured to a chair across from himself. “I’ve heard from the other four, now I want to see if your story matches any of theirs. Please explain to me what happened this morning.”

“Well, it actually started last night. My family and I were at the Hishatori mansion, where Dark’s target was at. We separated and I was left alone. Somehow I got caught in the middle of a battle between Dark and Krad, then my dad showed up, distracted Krad, and Dark took me to safety. Lynn, who has a huge crush on Dark, saw and this morning, Derek and I were walking to class and she came up and smacked me for ‘stealing’ him from her. I did nothing to her except chew her out for it.”

The Headmaster sighed, “Ok, go get the others now.” I did as I was told and all five of us returned to the office, as did the secretary. She spoke with the Headmaster briefly and then she stood near the rest of us. “My wife just told me that you were faking your pain Miss Hishatori, is that true?” he asked.

“Uh…um, yes, but it was to teach them a lesson sir.” Lynn stuttered.

“And you Miss Hikari and Mr. Niwa were cuddling?” He asked with a smirk on his face.

“She was upset and I was trying to make her feel better, that’s all…and it’s not funny sir, we did nothing wrong.” Derek was clenching his fists, but when I touched his hand, he calmed down.

“I know this now, the only story that didn’t match the others was Miss Hishatori’s, she was lying, so she will be punished with a week of detention.” Then he turned his attention toward Derek and myself. “It looks like maybe Mr. Niwa can be tamed, he hasn’t been calmed so easily before.” The Headmaster then gave us permission to go home, except for Lynn, who had started arguing with him about her punishment.

“Thanks Derek,” I said, “I was really scared, but you helped me, that means a lot to me.”

“Nah, it was no big deal. Want to come over to my place?”

“Sure, since I’m not expected home till later,” I said, taking his hand again. “What about your cousins though?”

“We’ll be fine, you two should get to know each other better anyway, in the mean time, we’ll be planning the wedding!” Elizabeth said, then Ashley smacked her. “Hey!!”

“Oh grow up Eli. We have other things to do, like our science project that is three weeks overdue that we were supposed to do over the summer.” Ashley glared at Elizabeth.

“Heh, oops, we blew that off didn’t we?” She said.

“No, YOU did Eli, I did my part, you were too busy drooling over Phantom Dark to notice my work,” Ashley scolded. “We are working today and that is final!” Ashley grabbed her and drug her away. We waved to them, laughing at the look on Elizabeth’s face.

“Derek! Wait up!” A voice called from behind us.

“Hey Daniel! What’s up?” Derek asked. The boy who was following us was a tall, blonde, athletic, upperclassman who could almost hit Derek hotness.

“Have you seen Lynn? I was supposed to take her home, but I couldn’t find her,” he said, panting. “She got in trouble in school, fought it, and got suspended.”

“She was pretty mad at me. Sorry, we haven’t seen her.” I told him.

“You’re the Hikari girl, huh? Nice to meet you. I’m Daniel Hishatori, sorry for what my sister did to you guys.” He smiled.

“I think I understand why she did it, she’s jealous. It’s ok, you didn’t do anything, don’t worry about it. It’s nice to meet you too.” Then Derek pulled me closer to him.

“Do you want me to send that letter now? I don’t have a job for a few days, so you can get your gift today,” he whispered in my ear. I nodded to him. “We should get going, good luck Daniel!” Derek started running and I ran with him, almost falling twice because I was being pulled along. Then we came to a residential area with several older houses. We walked up to one that had a fenced yard from about the middle back. “This is it,” Derek said, opening the door. We walked inside to a hallway filled with paintings, most of family and friends of the Niwas’, others were of places that I had never seen before.

“Who made these Derek? They’re beautiful,” I said, looking at the family portrait.

“This one,” he said pointing at the one I was looking at, “was made by your dad, the others were made by mine. He was the first Niwa artist,” he smiled proudly.

“That’s amazing, it really is. I wish I could do that.”

“You probably will someday, I’ve seen your drawings, they’re really good, “ Derek said, patting me on the back. “Anyone home?” he called.

“Kyuu?” With poked his head out of a pile of clothes waiting to be folded on the couch. “Kyuu!” he jumped on Derek’s shoulder

“Perfect, just you with, do you remember your old job?” Derek asked the rabbit. With nodded and Derek pet him on the head. “Good, because you get to do it again.”

“Kyuu!!” With sure seemed excited.

“Huh? I’m lost now,” I said, rubbing my head

“Well, before I had my own body, I used With as my wings so I wouldn’t hurt my host, which was my dad last time. Now that it’s my own body, I don’t have to worry about it. Follow me.” Derek led me down the hallway to a bedroom with a balcony. The bed was similar to a bunk bed. Except under the top was a computer desk and chair. He opened the closet doors, pushed the clothes away, and reveled a passage way. We walked down the dark corridor until we got to a door that said “DARK” on it. “Now you cant tell anyone what is in here.” I nodded and he opened the door and snapped his fingers. Black feathers floated up around the room and caught fire. They acted as candles that lit the room, then the fireplace erupted into flame, reveling several black outfits, most of which were for a man, but there were three made for a woman about my size.

“Derek, what is all of this?” I asked.

“Your gift, and I prefer Dark, it is my real name after all. Derek is just the name I use in public so I’m not arrested, I AM a wanted man.”

“That makes sense, but I’m still confused about this.” Then With started to glow purple, and in a flash of light, a pair of beautiful, black wings appeared on my back. “Oh my God! Are you serious?! He can be someone else’s wings?” I touched the black, soft, feathery wings. “Can I actually fly with these?”

“Of course, your gift is flying, but you are going to need to practice, don’t want you falling out of the sky now do we?” Dark laughed.

“No, I guess not. So, um, what do you want me to do in return Dark?” I asked,

“It’s been getting harder for me to obtain my targets, and I’ve been looking for a partner. I was hoping that you would help me. It’s something that no one would ever expect, especially a Hikari being the other thief. Are you up to it?” Dark asked hopefully.

“I can’t, I’m sorry.” Dark frowned and turned away. “I need to train before I can do much of anything.”

“Does that mean you will?!” Dark asked. I nodded in reply. “That’s great! I’ll write the letter right now!” He took out a pen and piece of paper and began to write.

I have kidnapped Anne Hikari. No harm will come to her as long as you do not interfere. I will return her by 10:00 tonight. Do not attempt to follow either of us.
~Dark Mousy

Dark handed the letter to With, who had returned to rabbit form and told him to take it to my house. Within a few minutes he had returned and became my wings again.

“See those three outfits? Try one on and see how it fits.” I glared at him. “What?!”

“I hope you don’t expect me to change in front of you.”

“Huh, oh, right, sorry.” Dark turned his back and I put on the aerodynamically sound, black and purple spandex, one piece outfit that zipped up in the back.

“Dark, could you help me please?” I asked as I turned around so he could zip it up. About halfway up, I felt a tightness around my chest, then SNAP! “HEY!!” I turned and smacked him on the arm. “That was wrong, just wrong. Do it right,” I laughed.

“Ok, ok, have it your way,” he said, also laughing. He finished and I turned to face him. “You look nice in that.” Then a door upstairs closed, the Niwas were home.

“Dark! Get ready to go, I sent another warning letter!” Emiko’s voice echoed down the hall. “Dark? You there?”

“You had better practice flying for a few minutes, With will help you learn and he won’t let you fall,” he whispered, then he yelled, “Coming Grandma!” He ran up the stairs. I tried to move the wings attached to my back and they obeyed. I then bend down and tried it again, and again until I was doing it with enough force that my feet left the ground. I started controlling where I went with them by flying around the room. I learned to ascend and descend, gain speed and slow down, as well as change directions without running into things, which I did plenty of in the first few minutes. About ten minutes later, Dark came back. “You ready?” he asked, then he looked up to find me in the air, goofing off. “Stupid question, let’s go.”

“Sure!” I said, landing gently on the ground. With then returned to his rabbit form.

“Kyuu!” With said as he jumped on Dark’s shoulder, he seemed to be excited to go.

“My family doesn’t know that you are going to help me yet, so we are going to have to sneak you out. Here,” he opened the only window in the room and helped me out. “do you remember that hidden area where I took you that night in the park?”

“Yeah, you want me to go there and you’ll come get me right?

“Exactly, and I’m going to change one other thing about you for these missions. Just to protect you though. It wont be permanent, I promise.” We kissed each other goodbye and I took off back to the sheltered area in the park and waited. After a few minutes of playing with my hair. I found that several strands were white in my black hair. Then a few more appeared, and within a few seconds, I couldn’t find a single black hair on my head. I wanted to kill. “You ok?” Dark asked as he came in behind me.

“What is this?!” I demanded pointing to my head.

“Looks like the enchantment worked. You look good.” I felt my face burn again and he laughed. “This is the change, see the bracelet on your wrist? I put that on you before you left.”

“You could have asked you know. So what are we supposed to do?” I asked.

“We are going to the Central Museum, there is an item there called the Mermaid’s Tiara, the wearer can control the weather, I am to seal its power. You are to steal it, I’ll be the distraction.” Dark smiled and took my hand. “Don’t worry, if something goes wrong, just call me.”

“Um…ok, but what if that blonde comes?”

“The necklace I gave you will protect you, I’ve been planning this since I met you, and no, it’s not because of your family, but because you looked right for the job. I hope you don’t mind.” Dark looked worried that I might.

“It’s ok, you need help and you sought it out, plus it sounds fun. I’ll help you.” Dark smiled, grabbed my arms, and leaned down to kiss me, but I jabbed him in the ribs with my finger which made him jerk away.

“What was that for?” he asked, rubbing himself.

“Wouldn’t you rather wait until later?” Dark shrugged and grabbed my hand.

“Lets go, just stay close to me until we get to the museum, here’s a map with the target circled.” He handed me a piece of paper with instructions on how to deactivate the security system. We flew on and reached the museum. It was already dark and there were many, many cop cars and lights pointed toward the sky, all searching for Dark.

“So we split up here?” I asked quietly, Dark nodded and we went our separate ways. Dark flew up to where the lights were pointed while I went to the skylight and unlatched the window, I silently glided down to where the Tiara was and I located the panel that the security system was hidden under. I got the pair of wire cutters that I was given and cut the blue wire, all the while hearing yelling and gunfire from outside. I then lifted the glass case that was over the Tiara and took it.

“Enjoying yourself Dark?” A voice behind me said. “Your hair is white, are you scared?”

“Not really, why?” I asked in the best imitation of Dark I could do. I looked up at the reflection of the man behind me, and I was surprised to see it wasn’t Krad like I had though, but someone who truly struck fear into my heart, someone who’s wrath couldn’t be blocked by my necklace.

Well, that is chapter 4, sorry for the double post again, but so few people post here that its kinda unavoidable. i am still in the process of writing chapter 5, so i will keep working on that.

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Awesome Jen that was a brilliant chapter. So Anne is now his accomplice eh. That is cool, i loved it, good job you know. Cant wait for the next one.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
I see excellent ^^
And oh i did find one typo in there lol. 'buss' :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back