• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The New Angel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
:O Alex is Krad? awesome! Great chapter Jen! I loved it, really got me into it, definetly worth the wait!

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Wow, this is great, you really are talented at this. I love how you made Alex Krad. And the Anne/Dark relationship is great! I can't wait until chapter 6.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
I'm so sorry it's been taking me so long to update, my mom was diagnosed with MS, I've had so much to do the past several months I haven't gotten much time to both relax and write. I've finally got Chapter 6 done on the computer. Here it is. Again, I'm very sorry for the long wait you guys have had for the update.

Chapter 6​

The Hikari Secret​

“Light, go get the item, I’ll distract Krad.” Dark told me.

“Don’t hurt him ok?”

“Now that I know who he is, I’ll avoid it if I can.” He replied. “Now go, Krad is dangerous if you don’t know how to handle him.”

“Good luck Dark.” I said as I flew off to where I was supposed to be. Almost as soon as I left, I heard shouting and small expositions behind me. I went too the door I was supposed to be guarding and went through it. The Demon Eyes were right in the middle of the room. I removed the glass covering and took the earrings and left, locking the door behind me. I used one of the feathers and Dark grabbed my hand. On our way out of the area, my dad called out to us.

“If I can’t catch you, at least tell me your name!”

“It’s Phantom Light.” Dark answered for me, then we went on our way.

“Dark, what’s wrong with me?” I asked when we got to the park.

“Nothing, what gave you that idea?”

“If there was nothing wrong with me, then why does my family keep so many secrets from me? Why wasn’t I told that we were famous? Why didn’t I know that Alex was Krad?” I felt like crying.

“They probably didn’t wasn’t to expose you to the same problems they have. I remembered something when I saw Alex change, where I’d seen it before. It was your male ancestors. Satoshi was Krad at our age, just like my dad, Daisuke, was me.” He paused at my expression of confusion. “I am over 300 years old, and so is Krad.”

“How is that possible??” I asked.

“You know how your family’s art has magic in it?”

“Vaguely.”

“Well, a long time ago, they decided to make a living piece of art, but my family, the Niwas, wanted to steal it. During the spell to bring it to life, the Niwas tried to steal the Black Wings. This caused the spell to go wrong, thus creating Krad and myself. I merged with the Niwa family’s DNA, while Krad merged with the Hikari family’s DNA. About twenty years ago, Krad and I were sealed in the Black Wings, but when Derek Niwa died the day he was born, Daisuke’s feelings brought me back, breaking the seal and releasing both of us back into the family lines. You didn’t get Krad because you are female, only males can carry our DNA. That is why both Alex and Satoshi have had Krad. We are spirits, we don’t really exist.”

“So, does that mean that…” I couldn’t finish the sentence, I could barely breathe because of the heart break that I felt.

“Does this feel real?” Dark put his arms around me and kissed my lips.

“Yes…” I buried my face in his chest and continued crying.

“Then I am real.” He said as he started petting my hair. The way he did sent shivers down my spine. “This is my body now, and I wont’ leave it until it dies.” Dark paused for a few seconds. “What’s that?”

“Huh, what’s what?” I asked. We were both quiet, then we heard a muffled beeping. “Oh!!” I took the watch off of my neck and looked at it. “I need to go! I’ll see you Monday, ok?”

“Yeah, see you then Anne.” Dark waved and I took off back to my post. I got there in just enough time to catch my breath before my dad and brother came for me.

“Hey sis.” Alex said, wrapping his arm around my neck and messing with my hair.

“Let go or you well regret it Alex, I mean it.”

“What are you going to do?” He asked, still messing with my hair.

“This!” I got out of his hold and bit his arm hard enough that I could taste iron in my mouth.

Ouch!! What was that for?!?!” Alex yelled, clutching his wound.

“She warned you, listen to her next time.” My dad said, patting him on the shoulder.

“She is strong, don’t underestimate her, you will pay for it.” Then I realized what the
iron taste in my mouth was.

“OH MY GOD NASTY!!! Alex, why did you have to bleed in my mouth?!” I ran to the car and got a bottle of water and rinsed my mouth out, my family laughing at me the entire time. With water still in my mouth, I walked over to them and sprayed them with it. They smiled, the kind of smile that told me it was time to run.

“You are so DEAD!” They laughed together.

“Only if you can catch me!” I called back. I ran to a tall tree with high limbs, jumped, grabbed one, and pulled myself up into the branches. When they came close enough for me to see them, I climbed into the next tree and went from one to the next until I got to the Niwa house. Alex and my dad were still chasing me, so I jumped onto the roof, causing a thud that alerted them that I wasn’t in the trees anymore.

“Anne, that is nowhere NEAR fair!” My dad gasped, exhausted from the case. “Where did you learn to do that?”

“I had to find some way to get away from my step dad when he was drunk. He had never been able to climb trees, so I used that as my escape.”

“What’s going on out there?” A man’s voice came from inside the house. He then came outside. He had bright red, spiked hair, a build similar to Derek’s, and a gentle look in his brown eyes.

“What is it Daisuke?” A woman with shorter brown hair asked as she walked outside with him.

“It’s just us Riku.” Alex called from behind the fence.

“You caused that noise?” Daisuke asked.

“That was probably me, the banging right?” I called out to them.

“How did you get up there Anne?” Derek joined his parents outside.

“See those trees? I went from one to the next without touching the ground.” I stood up and walked to the edge of the roof opposite of where I was, then ran to where I started and jumped over the balcony of Derek’s room and landed in the back yard. “Try to get me now!”

“No problem there.” Derek called as he jumped off the balcony and landed next to me.

“I’ve already got you.” He put his arms around my waist so I couldn’t escape. “I wonder…”

“What? I don’t feel safe now.” He started moving his hands to my sides, then I knew what he was about to do. “No, Derek, no, no, NO!! AHHH HA HA HA!!! D-Derek!! Y-You ch-cheater!!” I laughed as I tried to get away.

“That looks fun.” The Niwas had let my dad and brother into the back yard.

“Derek! Get your paws off my sister!” Alex yelled when he saw us.

“Why should he?” I asked, grabbing Derek’s hands after he stopped tickling me. “He’s not doing anything wrong.”

“He shouldn’t be touching you, he has no right to.”

“I think that’s for me to decide, not you Alex.” I almost growled.

“You won’t do anything you will regret later will you Derek?” Daisuke asked his son.

“Absolutely not! What kind of a person do you think I am?!”

“You don’t want us to answer that.” Alex commented.

“Alex, why do you have to be like that? You two were best friends until your sister moved in…” My dad said, but I didn’t stick around to hear the rest. I jumped the fence and ran, tears streaming out of my eyes. I felt like it was my fault that the boys were no longer friends, although I knew the truth: Derek was Dark and Alex was Krad. That was the real problem. I ran until I got back to the park and into the sheltered area. I cried for what seemed like hours. Them I heard voices, one of which I didn’t recognize.

“Daniel, Derek! Is this the spot?” The other male’s voice called out. “Is this where you keep taking her?”

“Yeah Glen, that’s it.” Derek answered. “She’s probably there.”

“Go away!! I don’t want to talk to you Derek!” I sobbed.

“At least tell us what’s wrong.” Daniel called back.

“It’s my fault isn’t it Derek? That you and Alex aren’t friends anymore?” I yelled back. “Just leave me alone…”

After a few minutes, the boys left. I curled myself into a ball and hugged my knees to my chest. “I-I destroyed a friendship with my presence, how is that even possible?” I sobbed again, tears dropping on my legs. Then I heard a small rustling in the bush beside me, and an animal popped out of the darkness.

“Kyuu…” With cried sympathetically as he burrowed into my arms. “Kyuu.” He nuzzled my face.

“With, you’re so sweet…” I scratched behind his ears gently until he decided it was time for us to go. By that time, he was already soaked with my tears. He jumped away, shook himself to hid his body of the water, and he turned to face me as if asking me to follow him. I did as I was told and we went back to the Niwa home.

“Welcome back. Feeling any better?” My dad greeted me with a smile. I nodded, traces of tears still on my cheeks.

“Derek, I think this belongs to you.” I said, pointing to the rabbit who was now sitting at my feet. “He’s a good cuddle bunny.” I picked him up and took him to Derek.

“Anne, I’m sorry I act the way I do, I’m just not used to having a kid sister yet.” Alex walked up to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I jabbed my elbow into his ribs. “Oww, what was that for?!”

“Exactly what makes me a kid?" I asked my brother, who was now rubbing his ribs. Behind me, my dad started snickering. “What’s so funny?!”

“Just you Anne.” My dad then glanced down at his watch. “Geeze, we should get going, it’s past midnight.”

“Aww, come on Satoshi, It’s the weekend, it’s ok if you guys stay here for a while.” Daisuke offered.

“Way to go Dad!!” Derek cheered and pinched my sides, making me squeal. “You are quite ticklish aren’t you?” He asked, trying to find out where else he could get a reaction out of me.

“Ahh! Quit that!” When Derek kept it up, I turned around and bit his shoulder, gently, but it was enough to get him to stop. “I hate being excessively tickled.”

“Ok, I’m sorry.” Derek wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

“Ok you two, break it up.” Riku hollered at us. We groaned and separated our bodies, then we clasped our hands.

“Oh let them be Riku, young love is so precious!” Emiko joined us outside. Derek started blushing and held my hand tighter in his.

“Awkward…” I breathed and pulled away from him. “Maybe we should go…”

“Thank you Anne. We’ll see you guys later.” My dad and Alex turned to leave as I gave Derek a quick hug and peck on the cheek.

The rest of the night was uneventful, but because of the excitement of the robbery earlier, none of us could sleep until past dawn. After I woke up, I went to the kitchen to get a sandwich, just to find that the only thing to put in one was a can of tuna. I groaned in disappointment and picked up a can of soda, then went back into my bedroom to listen to some music. As soon as I turned it on, Alex knocked on my door.

“Hey Anne, do you have any soap I can use?” He asked. I went into my bathroom and grabbed a bar and went back to my door where Alex was. I opened it to see my half brother wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. I couldn’t help but stare. Growing up in a different part of the world from him, I wasn’t used to seeing him like that, his well sculpted muscular body glistened with a light coating of sweat, like he’d just come back from the gym. Sure, I’d seen my overweight, and often drunk, step dad half naked, but never the older brother I didn’t even know existed until recently.

“Something wrong? Anne?” Alex’s voice snapped me out of my daze. Once I’d realized what had happened, I felt my face boil. I handed him the soap, then slammed the door.

“Geeze!! What’s her problem??” Alex muttered just loud enough for me to hear. “All I wanted was some soap…”

After I heard his bedroom door close, I went to my bed and screamed in my pillow. “How could I do that?!” He’s my freaking brother!!” I don’t know how much time had passed when my dad opened the door.

“Anne, do you plan on staying in here all day? Derek’s here, he wants to talk to you.”

“WHAT?!” I yelled. “How long has he been here??”

“About ten minutes. I called you, but you never answered.” He groaned. “You aren’t even dressed, is something wrong?”

“No. I’ll get dressed if you close the door.” My dad closed the door and I scrambled to get a purple top and skirt on and a pair of black heels. Then I brushed my hair out, put it in a ponytail, twisted that, and used a jaw clip to hold it up, in the process, making my hair flair a bit. My in a hurry hair do. After I deemed myself ready, I went downstairs to meet Derek.

“Hi lazy, have a nice midday nap?” He teased.

“Shut up Derek, I couldn’t sleep until like 8:00 a.m. Not my fault I was tired.” I giggled. “So, what’s up?”

“I just wanted to know if you guys were interested in going to a party after school on Monday. It’s at my place. Interested?” He asked. My dad cleared his throat. “Don’t worry Satoshi, It’s all going to be legit.” He assured him.

“It’s ok with me then. It’s up to you two.” My dad told us.

“Sure, why not?” Three was something I was forgetting, but I couldn’t place what it was about. All I knew was it was the same day. “What kind of party is it?” I asked.

“It’s a dancing party, jeans and T’s mostly. That kind.” Derek answered. “I think the word is like casual or something.”

“Cool, I’ll be there. Anything else?” I asked.

“Want to go for a walk? It’s way too pretty a day for you to be stuck inside all day.” He offered.

“Sure, that sounds nice.” I answered.

“I’ll go too, that sounds good. That ok with you guys?” Alex asked us.

“Yeah, it’s fine. Can we Satoshi?” Derek pleaded, giving his best puppy dog eyes.

“How can you say no to such a cute face?” I leaned over and kissed Derek on the cheek and started petting his hair. “Isn’t he just adorable???”

My dad sighed. “Ok, get out of here you three.”

I squealed and ran to give my dad a hug. After a few seconds, he put his arms around me. It was the first time we had hugged like that in our lives, so I guess it was a bit of a shock for him, but the kindness and gentleness of it told me that my action was fine. For the first time in my life, I felt like I was home. These people cared for me, it was something I never thought I’d experience in that setting. I finally had a family, not just parents, but an actual family.

“Thanks Dad, you’re awesome!” I ran back to Derek’s side and we left.

As we walked, we came across a pond with ducks all over the place, fluffing their feathers and quacking.

“DEREK!!!” Daniel and Glen from the night before called in unison, scaring some of the ducks and causing them to fly away. The boys ran straight for us. Alex and I got out of the way quick enough, but Derek, who was not so lucky, was tackled and pushed backwards into the pond, shooing away the rest of the ducks, one leaving a present on Daniel’s left shoulder.

Alex and I lost composure and fell on the ground laughing. Daniel and Glen soon joined in, and we became so absorbed that we didn’t see Derek swimming up behind them. I had stopped laughing to catch my breath when Derek not only pulled them into the water, but pulled their pants down in the process. When they fell, Alex and I got splashed and everyone laughed so hard we cried. Alex backed up toward the pond, and fell in as well.

Everyone stopped laughing after the few seconds when Alex didn’t come up. We watched and waited to see if he would surface. Silence was the only thing we heard until there was a splash by the shore of the pond.

“Not cool…” Alex gasped as he climbed on to land.

“What?” I asked, relieved to see my brother above water. I looked at his face and his mouth twisted into an evil grin. The other boys started snickering.

“I know what you’re all thinking, and the answer is no.”

“Why not?” Derek asked.

“You’re the only one of us who is still dry.” Daniel teased.

I felt my brother’s arms around me. “NO!! LET ME GO!!” He picked me up. “You’ll ruin my clothes! Alex!!” With me struggling, Alex carried me over to the pond’s edge. “I AM WEARING A SKIRT!!!” Then, he dropped me, and oh god the water was cold! And of curse, my purple skirt was floating, which caused the boys to laugh even harder than before.

“Now THAT is funny!” Glen laughed.

“You guys are so crude!” I said, shivering as I stumbled out of the water. “I didn’t put anyone in the water, I didn’t deserve that.” I tried to wring out my clothes without taking them off. Cold and wet, we all made our way back to the house.

“What happened? You five are soaked!” My dad said, stifling a laugh unsuccessfully.

“Yeah, I know we look like drowned rats, but you can blame them, I was dropped into the ice pond, the others got pushed, pulled, or in Alex’s case, backed into it. He dropped me in because I was still dry.” I told him, still dripping and shivering.

“It looks like you guys had fun then. Glen, Daniel, why don’t you two get home?” My dad said. “Alex, Anne, go get changed. Alex, bring Derek a change of clothes. Anne, you need to stay upstairs, the boys and I have to talk for a bit.”

“Um… ok.” I didn’t know what was going on, but I did as I was told anyway. Half an hour passed before I was almost dry. An hour passed before I was warm enough to get out from under the covers on my bed. After two hours, Derek opened my bedroom door.

“Hey, I need to go now.” He told me solemnly.

“What’s wrong? What did you guys talk about?” I asked. His face was wet, as if he’d been crying. I got up and went to comfort him.

“My grandma…” He choked on his tears. “She fell and broke her neck. She…she’s dead!!” Derek sobbed and fell to his knees.

“God, I am so sorry Derek!!” I knelt down and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. He did the same and rested his face on my shoulder. “I am so very sorry Derek.” Tears fell from my eyes too, I knew the pain of losing a loved one.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Sorry I'm late to read it D: You should've told me sooner! lol no worries. You still are amazing! Looks like Derek and Anne are gettint really close and she knows the secret now. Nice to see the family all happy too.
D: Was surprised to hear his grandma died!
Look forward to the next chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back