• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Namine Topic 2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

esper1

Namine's ability is horrible. I can't bear the thought of someone tampering with/erasing my memories - they're my main source of emotional/mental support and if I lost them, or if they were altered, I'd be inconsolable. The fact that the ability belongs to a Nobody - an entity with no emotions or conscience, makes it even worse.

As for Namine herself, I don't hate her, but I don't like her either. When she's not being bland or pathetic, she's just "manipulative..." But she can't help what she is, and she was created by accident. As Nobodies don't have feelings, it's hard to have feelings for them, except maybe pity.

As for the thing near the end of KH2 where she and Roxas "integrated" with Kairi and Sora, respectively, I had mixed feelings about it.

1. What did she do to deserve to hitch a ride out of the darkness? Apart from opening the dark door that is. Sorting Sora's memories out was payback for messing him around in the first place. Rescuing Kairi could've just been her looking out for herself. Question: do Nobodies have desires? Isn't desire a feeling? Or is it just a need, a gap? If it's the latter, then she was probably trying to save herself from the darkness. Or she could have just been messing with Org 13's plans as a lone agent.

2. Whatever the case, I don't see that their "integration" means anything other than "we won't fade away," unless they make themselves useful while they're possessing their originators.

Sora: "Kairi, weren't you going to get me a paopu juice?"
Kairi: "Huh? I was? *whispers* Psst, Namine-neechan, help me out, pls?"
Namine: *ZAP*
Sora: "Huh? What was I just saying?"
Kairi: "Uh, you were just going to fetch me a paopu juice!"
Sora: "Oh, right!" *wanders off*
Kairi: "You rule, Namine-neechan!"
Namine: *VICTORY*

I don't think we're meant to like the Nobodies, anyway. Just to feel sorry for them...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't think we're meant to like the Nobodies, anyway. Just to feel sorry for them...

I see no reason not to like the Nobodies save for maybe under development.
Then again, there're people that like Kairi, so meh.
As for Namine, I have to wonder if you really played CoM that you said half the things you said in there :I Namine had lots of motives for doing what she did, a lot of them not plot related. It wasn't even guilt more so than realizing that yes, in her own Nobody way (which I'm slowly leaning towards the belief that they do have some sort of emotions) she cared for Sora and Riku and wanted to help them the way they helped her, even if it was reaching acceptance of her own unique and problematic situation.
To top it all, it wasn't even like she wanted to manipulate his Memories so much as was coaxed into it. She wasn't around for that long and I think she didn't even understand what she was doing until she saw how different Sora ended up being from how he was when he just entered the castle - part of why she wanted to put him back together again - because it wasn't the Sora she was hoping for.
Meh :I I love that blondie to bits. I really wanna see more of her.

esper1

I see no reason not to like the Nobodies save for maybe under development.
Then again, there're people that like Kairi, so meh.
As for Namine, I have to wonder if you really played CoM that you said half the things you said in there :I Namine had lots of motives for doing what she did, a lot of them not plot related. It wasn't even guilt more so than realizing that yes, in her own Nobody way (which I'm slowly leaning towards the belief that they do have some sort of emotions) she cared for Sora and Riku and wanted to help them the way they helped her, even if it was reaching acceptance of her own unique and problematic situation.
To top it all, it wasn't even like she wanted to manipulate his Memories so much as was coaxed into it. She wasn't around for that long and I think she didn't even understand what she was doing until she saw how different Sora ended up being from how he was when he just entered the castle - part of why she wanted to put him back together again - because it wasn't the Sora she was hoping for.
Meh :I I love that blondie to bits. I really wanna see more of her.

Point taken, but as she only has her *thoughts* to go on, as well as Sora's memories and those of his emotions (which she can only look at objectively - she has none of her own to compare to) I just can't take her behaviour as coming from genuine emotions - just from her thought patterns and perhaps from a base drive for survival.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Point taken, but as she only has her *thoughts* to go on, as well as Sora's memories and those of his emotions (which she can only look at objectively - she has none of her own to compare to) I just can't take her behaviour as coming from genuine emotions - just from her thought patterns and perhaps from a base drive for survival.

That's actually something that made me lol at the end. Unlike the other Nobodies, Namine didn't seem so hellbent on existing in the 'proper' manner as much as having an existence inside Sora's Memories. She was much more a Nobody than anyone else in that way, imo, having truly no identity of her own save for the one she was hoping to create.
More so than existing through Kairi, I can't help but see it as her wanting to exist next to Sora and Roxas - after all, Namine is the first person to claim she shouldn't even be there.
Also, her being the one to save Kairi, at the end, saved a lot of grief to both Sora and Riku - that hardly means neither one could've saved Kairi on their own, mind. She lent in a hand that she didn't have to.

Reneeski

That's actually something that made me lol at the end. Unlike the other Nobodies, Namine didn't seem so hellbent on existing in the 'proper' manner as much as having an existence inside Sora's Memories. She was much more a Nobody than anyone else in that way, imo, having truly no identity of her own save for the one she was hoping to create.
More so than existing through Kairi, I can't help but see it as her wanting to exist next to Sora and Roxas - after all, Namine is the first person to claim she shouldn't even be there.
Also, her being the one to save Kairi, at the end, saved a lot of grief to both Sora and Riku - that hardly means neither one could've saved Kairi on their own, mind. She lent in a hand that she didn't have to.

amen

esper1

I see... Well, I suppose we can chalk all of this up to her being a "special" Nobody...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I see... Well, I suppose we can chalk all of this up to her being a "special" Nobody...

I'm slowly leaning more and more towards the belief she's not a Nobody at all, seeing how that would explain her even 'existing' while there was effectively no Body nor Soul to sustain her (Kairi's was with Kairi, Sora's was with Roxas).
I don't care even if she's an Unbirth or whatever; I just want her properly explained =_= that would also tie in nicely with her effectively knowing too much about how a Heart works - both by creating everything she did between her and Sora (I mean, wtf, his Memories of her were better than anything we've seen thus far relationship wise o_o) and by managing to break a Heart (Repliku)

esper1

"Repliku" is the best nick-name I have seen in this fandom. It's so much easier to say than "Riku Replica..."

You win the internet.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
...... Namine is a person who is ....... in love with Roxas? thats what i don't get.....

To quote the quote of me in Reneeski's signature,

No.

• They barely got any interaction going between them.
  • During that short period of interaction, Namine all but told Roxas to go away so her Sora could wake up, in the process telling him the cruelest thing one could tell him.
  • Any and all relationships between Namine and Roxas are Sora dependent. If she loves Roxas it's because he's a part of Sora.

ah2190

Courtroom 1, trying to figure out what the hell th
To quote the quote of me in Reneeski's signature,

No.

• They barely got any interaction going between them.
  • During that short period of interaction, Namine all but told Roxas to go away so her Sora could wake up, in the process telling him the cruelest thing one could tell him.
  • Any and all relationships between Namine and Roxas are Sora dependent. If she loves Roxas it's because he's a part of Sora.

I have to agree with you. Besides, if SorKar doesn't work, then would RoxNam? Possibly not, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back