• Regarding KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory Spoilers

Copies of KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory are out in the wild, which means spoilers are likely to appear at any point. Although this game has very few cutscenes and story content, we still request that users follow our standard spoiler procedures.

KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory spoiler policy will end on December 13th, 2020.

Spoiler threads will need to be tagged with the "Spoiler" prefix. Discussion inside of the thread does not need to be put under spoiler tags, so it is at your discretion to use them.

Spoilers outside of spoiler threads MUST be hidden using the spoiler tag.

If you do not follow these rules, your account will be banned.

The Nameless Star's TRUE Name Is Sora Theory by NextGenNovelist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty

As I was browsing around YouTube to see what the Kingdom Hearts community was theorising regarding Verum Rex, I stumbled onto this amazing theory as to why the Nameless Star is called Sora. The reasoning is shockingly symbolic and the hints presented demonstrate further parallels to Versus XIII.

AR829038

Awards
This theory has been floating around the community since ReMIND, but Melody of Memory effectively disproves that theory. If you haven't played it, I won't spoil it. But get back to me after you finish it, and if you don't see it, I'll explain how the theory is disproven.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
  • Before Midnight
  • Happy Holidays!
  • Longest Night
  • 7 Days Later
  • Team Classic
  • My Friends are My Power
Yeah, I don't believe it for a second. There's too much star-related imagery for her name not to have something to do with stars.

I also think that Yozora shows no familiarity with "Sora" aside from "I've heard of you." And while Yozora has had his identity stolen from him, I'm unsure how he'd feel at hearing about Nameless Star in his current state. If he knows her at this point, then he'd either REALLY care or his memory would be totally gone and he wouldn't have any reaction to the name. You can't have it both ways.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
This theory has been floating around the community since ReMIND, but Melody of Memory effectively disproves that theory. If you haven't played it, I won't spoil it. But get back to me after you finish it, and if you don't see it, I'll explain how the theory is disproven.
If you watched the video, he points out how the Nameless Star mentioned to Sora how they had everything taken away from her including her name. Even the Nameless Star doesn't know what her name is and that doesn't change even with the context of Melody of Memory spoilers.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Ok why can't the girl be named Sora? Because if NS was whisked away to KH's universe (presumably the Final World we see in daytime is KH's plane, whereas the night time is either just "further away" or it is on VR's plane) then surely the one that took her identity would also take her "place" in peoples memories.

Put it like this. Remember when Namine was fucking with Sora's memories and caused everyone to forget him? Well imagine that but instead of messing with Sora's memories, Namine messes with SORA himself. likke sends him away and someone else assumes the "Sora" personality.

AR829038

Awards
If you watched the video, he points out how the Nameless Star mentioned to Sora how they had everything taken away from her including her name. Even the Nameless Star doesn't know what her name is and that doesn't change even with the context of Melody of Memory spoilers.
Well, that's not quite accurate. Again, I don't want to spoil anything, so just let me know when you actually finish MoM, and I can explain what I'm talking about.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
Well, that's not quite accurate. Again, I don't want to spoil anything, so just let me know when you actually finish MoM, and I can explain what I'm talking about.
I've seen the spoilers for Melody of Memory, you can go ahead and explain why with the spoiler tag.

AR829038

Awards
I've seen the spoilers for Melody of Memory, you can go ahead and explain why with the spoiler tag.
Oh, okay, great.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
Oh, okay, great.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
For reference, this is the conversation the Nameless Star had with Sora.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

AR829038

Awards
For reference, this is the conversation the Nameless Star had with Sora.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Yeah, those are all good points. We'll just have to see where the story goes with it, then.

AdrianXXII

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
Personally I'm not quite convinced. Though that's also partly because of how I interpret "they took away my name" more in the sense that they gave her another name and no longer recognized her as who she was before.

On top of that I'm personally not too thrilled about the idea of another set of characters with the same name, it was bad enough with the Ansems. Also her name being something like Hoshi would make morr sense to me, seeing Yozora's name is basically the same as Noctis'.

Ballad of Caius

Stardust 💫
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
Yozora's name means "night sky". If Yozora and Nameless Star are a couple, then her name is either Hoshi (Star), Tsuki (Moon; moon in Spanish is "Luna"... Lunafreya).

Or something completely unrelated to Yozora/Night Sky, seeing a show Sora is Sky and Kairi is Ocean

Maybe Nameless Star is called Tochi (land) or Hana (flower)

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I'm guessing because of the Yozora-Sora / Night sky - Sky parallel that we are going to get a Nameless Star - Kairi parallel. Which means that since Kairi's name has to do with the ocean, Nameless star is going to have an oceanic name as well. Tbh, Nameless star always came across as a sort of mix between Kairi and Namine in the same way that Yozora was sort of a Riku/Sora mix. So it fits if she is going to "take after" Kairi somehow.

And, because of the night sky thing, it is possible that the names from their universe are maybe more dark or turbulent? Or latin based, if they keep the names of Yozora's buds the same.

I just can't see her name being Sora. Yozora and Sora are already close enough that then having another Sora as well is just ...blugh.

I generally see her name as having some sort of water imagery to it. That doesn't mean it won't have some sky imagery, but just as food for thought I propose some fun name ideas that I don't think I've seen others suggest:

1) Amane. "Ama" is a potential reading for 天 (meaning heaven - or more notably, used in the word 天の川 "ama-no-gawa" meaning the Milky Way). However, it is possible to use the kanji character 海 (meaning ocean). However, So while Amane could be written using the Kanji for ocean, it could also potentially be written 天音 meaning something like "the sound of heaven". This name also sounds very similar to Namine so it would cement another link between the two girls. I think it is cute that it could be a name with a connection to both the sky (in the heaven reading) or the ocean (with the ocean reading). (Also worth noting that Ama can also be read as "rain" which is water falling from the sky so kind of a connecting theme between ocean and sky? Maybe.

2) Saya. Can be written with either 清 (meaning pure, usually connected to water) or with 明 (meaning bright). Meaning in general is something along the lines of bright, clean and pure. It has both a connotation of sparkling water, but could also be potentially attributed to the twinkling of starlight.

3) Runa. Not only is this the Japanese version of "Luna" for moon, with Kanji it can be written 流七 . The first kanji has the water-like connotation of something flowing, floating, or drifting. It is also used to describe shooting stars (流れ星). The second kanji, the number 7 is interesting here symbolically because there is a very well known romantic folklore about star-crossed lovers that is celebrated on July 7th (7/7) called Tanabata (七夕) but is colloquially known as the "star festival" in Japan. It's essentially a story about two lovers who are separated against their will, and can only meet for one day (the day of the festival). The two lovers being represented by two bright stars that are visible in the sky on that date. We also can't forget that the number 7 is also important in KH lore itself. Also, the name Runa can have the connotation of "runes" which has a somewhat magical and mysterious air to it.

Just three name ideas that I thought up. Personally I think a name with a more nuanced or multi-layered meaning like these would be a lot more fun than just making her name Sora. Plus, if we consider Yozora and Nameless Star to be a couple in their own universe I feel like it is a bit awkward to have a partner with nearly the same name. Maybe it's just me but it'd be like, for the sake of a different real world example, a Daniel dating a Danielle and both of them choose to go by the nickname "Danny/Dani". I mean, it works in the real world but in fiction it feels a little...clunky? Lazy?

Ballad of Caius

Stardust 💫
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
1) Amane. "Ama" is a potential reading for 天 (meaning heaven - or more notably, used in the word 天の川 "ama-no-gawa" meaning the Milky Way).
I'm more inclined to this name right here. Heaven is already a given because of her current status. Milky Way relates to the universe, the universe is dark, Yozora is night sky, so her being named after a universe theme is sorta feating.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • Disney Royalty
I just can't see her name being Sora. Yozora and Sora are already close enough that then having another Sora as well is just ...blugh.
Doesn't every Kingdom Hearts game feature a version of Sora or someone new directly connected to Sora? I've yet to see that tradition being broken.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Oh for crying out loud…

Guys, let’s not forget, for some reason, the people and place from there seem to have a bare minimum of two etymologies, Latin and Japanese.

Nameless Star’s name doesn’t have to be exclusively Japanese. I’m also of the mind it’s not Sora though. It’d be weird considering Yozora is already there. Either they name her something about star, because Nomura, or something about sea, also because Nomura.

Ballad of Caius

Stardust 💫
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
Oh for crying out loud…

Guys, let’s not forget, for some reason, the people and place from there seem to have a bare minimum of two etymologies, Latin and Japanese.

Nameless Star’s name doesn’t have to be exclusively Japanese. I’m also of the mind it’s not Sora though. It’d be weird considering Yozora is already there. Either they name her something about star, because Nomura, or something about sea, also because Nomura.
Nameless Star will be named Tetsuya.

mind = blown