• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Name "Riku" and "Sora"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
I've been on these forums for how long and I don't know where this thread should go....::ashamed::

anyways

It seems to me that Riku and Sora are very feminine names. What I mean is that the people I've met and the Celebrities I know (I mean I don't know them personally) who's names are Sora or Riku are all FEMALE.

I guess it's not a huge deal because "kelly" is a feminine name and you know..kelly slater. and there are others

but is there a symbolism of their names. Boys who have a feminine side perhaps? Crushing the barrier between genders?

ROCK ON VISUAL KEI ROCK ON!!!!! ahem...ignore that...

Yeah I know about the whole "Cloud and Squall aren't real names and they just made the character names and blah blah blah"
whatevers

do discuss with me.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
umm kinda, in a way (feminine) isnt thier meaning "land" and "sky".... hmm maybe nomura was just trying to make it so that it would describe/ relate to destiny's island or the game setting (like kairi's name goes with it too)

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
It doesn't SOUND feminine but most of the people I know who's names are riku are all female. that's what I meant.

C

cam ron 77

i remember my brother comenting about that. he'd say 'sora's name end's with an 'a'! it's girly!' but i always thought it was different because it was japanese because sara can be spelt ending with an 'a' but its a jewish name so they might have different rules. kinda like in spanish if it ends in a 'o' its masculine right? chico chica?...i forgot what my point was....

V

V.A.T.13

Other male charas with name "sora"
Sora from .dot//hack
Sora hashiba from Sukisho

Thats all I can think of now, but so far, those charas are pretty ghey.
Any more male charas with the name sora?

Riku is a unisex name in japan I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back