The Name "Riku" and "Sora"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Awards
I've been on these forums for how long and I don't know where this thread should go....::ashamed::

anyways

It seems to me that Riku and Sora are very feminine names. What I mean is that the people I've met and the Celebrities I know (I mean I don't know them personally) who's names are Sora or Riku are all FEMALE.

I guess it's not a huge deal because "kelly" is a feminine name and you know..kelly slater. and there are others

but is there a symbolism of their names. Boys who have a feminine side perhaps? Crushing the barrier between genders?

ROCK ON VISUAL KEI ROCK ON!!!!! ahem...ignore that...

Yeah I know about the whole "Cloud and Squall aren't real names and they just made the character names and blah blah blah"
whatevers

do discuss with me.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Rising Star
umm kinda, in a way (feminine) isnt thier meaning "land" and "sky".... hmm maybe nomura was just trying to make it so that it would describe/ relate to destiny's island or the game setting (like kairi's name goes with it too)

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Awards
It doesn't SOUND feminine but most of the people I know who's names are riku are all female. that's what I meant.

C

cam ron 77

i remember my brother comenting about that. he'd say 'sora's name end's with an 'a'! it's girly!' but i always thought it was different because it was japanese because sara can be spelt ending with an 'a' but its a jewish name so they might have different rules. kinda like in spanish if it ends in a 'o' its masculine right? chico chica?...i forgot what my point was....

V

V.A.T.13

Other male charas with name "sora"
Sora from .dot//hack
Sora hashiba from Sukisho

Thats all I can think of now, but so far, those charas are pretty ghey.
Any more male charas with the name sora?

Riku is a unisex name in japan I think.

Last edited: