• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The N word

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
What are your thoughts on this word?
Personally I think it can be used in four ways:
1.Racism
2.Ignorant
3.Intellegent
4.Friendly

I believe it depends on how you you use it.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Yeah, it's pretty much how you use it. My friends that are black sometimes laugh if it's used in a joke and the person isn't serious. If it's the opposite though they're pretty offended.

So it's how you use it.

Voltron

Silver Member
My thoughts, well I think its offensive. I scold someone if I ever hear them use it. I really don't care much for hearing that word, its really foul, even if it's used in a joking manner or one that isn't serious. Though its just my opinion on it.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
While some folks use this term in a joking manner, meaning no offense, the very fact that this word is still in use signifies that there is still something of a rift between races.
Still, I highly doubt that the day will ever come when a man thinks as much of another man's skin color as he does his eye color.

FreezePrideIV

I am of the opinion that a word only means so much as the way it is interpreted. If someone takes offense to any word, N word included, they are empowering that word. When they ignore it, it loses its meaning. Think about it -- we don't think much of the words "Damn it!" anymore, but consider what it means -- it's a command, and taken in its original context, it's pretty harsh. Nowadays though, it's been used so much it's in the average person's every day vocabulary. It has lost its impact. Hopefully, one day, the N word will lose its impact as well. Because damn it, if you're going to insult someone, do it with your own wit and strike a point that actually has a meaning rather than just relying on an ages-old word with a gawd-awful history that doesn't even add any weight to what you're saying.

Doesn't stop me from joking about it all the time, though, but I joke about pretty horrible stuff regardless.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I feel it's more important on how it's taken, doesn't matter your intention you'll still get fired, beaten, ridiculed, etc if you use it around someone who gets offended.

Last edited:

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Poetry, or music. Are the only two I can think of right now.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i really think it's ironic. i never used the word before.

Grey

I personally find it amusing when my white girlfriend's brother calls me "the N word", when my skin tone is closer to that of a Hispanic. I'm clearly very white (personality-wise), and he's clearly very white (personality and skin tone-wise), so it's funny.

The word's really only offensive when you refer to someone by "the N word", and call them that because you're identifying them as that. Like, you see an unknown black man or woman and call them "the N word." That's offensive and totally derogative, as well as racist.

C

Colours

It's just really degrading when using it. It's like you don't have respect for you when your using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back