• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Musician's Corner

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Introduction

The Musician's Corner is a place for musicians of any skill level to come and participate in the education of how to play, as well as create your own music. The main objective of the staff of the Musician's Corner is to help those who need it, as well as critique and collaborate in an effort to help make playing and creating music more enjoyable for everyone.

Divisions

We have two major divisions for education. One for individual instruments and music composition.

Individual Instruments Division - This would be for those seeking help for improving their skills and knowledge of an instrument. We have two branches from this division.

Skill Improvement- As the name implies, this section is to help you improve and teach you technique. Although it maybe tough with out actually physically being there, there are ways in which we can. If it be through just a general discussion in the thread, videos, mp3 recordings, or playing through the talk feature of an Instant massager or something similar.(MSN, AIM, YIM, etc) Or anything else for that matter. This isn't just limited to instruments such as brass, strings, percussion, etc. But vocals as well.

General Education/discussion
- This would for those interested in just learning about the instrument in general. Even if just for a simple question or an in detail discussion as to help you better comprehend your instrument and to give you an edge in your playing.

Now, while the skill improvement branch will be individual, the general education can handle many people at once.

Music Composition Division - This division is for those seeking help, critique, or want to collaborate with other musicians to make song(s). This doesn't just apply for individual people, but if you have a band and are seeking criticism, then this is the place for you. This will also be a place to discuss music theory and as well as helping people learn how to read music.

Music Theory- An in depth discussion on a piece of an individual piece of music or a genre or anything else you can think of to help one get a better understand of what something should sound like, what is appealing, conflicts, anything that you think can help improve your knowledge.

Song Development
- Say you have created something that you like and you want to improve on it and expand it into an entire song but don't know what to do. Well, we can help you with that.

Song Criticism - We will try and help you by giving criticism that we think necessary in taking your song to the next level. Or even you just want our opinion on a song by an artist or band you like.

Lyrical Composition - This for those who have trouble writing lyrics for their songs. It doesn't matter which genre it comes from, even if rap.

The Staff

No, were not professionals and aren't qualified as such, but we want to help in anyway we can. We've all had experience in music, whether it be a school band, garage band, individually learning, etc.​

Redemption - "I've been playing music for 6 years overall on various instruments. I write my own music as well as know how to read music."

Main instruments - Bass guitar and trumpet.

Other - Piano, acoustic bass, other percussion (drum set, drumline, congas, marimba, etc), and other brass(tuba, baritone, etc)

Dorian Grey - To be edited

The Marauder - "I started playing music at age 13 and I have been active with it ever since. I consider myself a musician as well as an audiophile - I enjoy both playing and listening to music on a regular basis. I have also arranged several pieces of music for various music."

Main Instrument - Any common Brass

Other - Keyboard

Side note: Can read music in both bass and treble cleft

Ultima Keyblade
- "I started taking drum lessons when I as 11. Have had the same teacher since. I do lessons once a week. When I started high school, I took an interest in band which lead to my experience in keyboard. The drum teacher also helps me learn in this area"

Main Instrument
- Keyboard

Other - Other percussion

Raito - "I took Choir in both my Freshmen and Sophomore years of high school, and took vocal ensemble along with voice lessons my Junior and Senior years."

Main Instrument - Vocals

Other - None

We are looking for more people with knowledge in these areas:

Vocals
Violin and other string instruments affiliated with orchestra.
Bass Guitar
Guitar
Drum set
Lyricist

If you have recommendations for other instruments that are not on this list, please PM me or one of the other staff.

For those who want to become part of the staff, please PM me.

Now, if you have ideas that you think would benefit this program, please PM them to one of the staff.

Participants

Everyone is welcome. Doesn't mater how good or bad you are. This is a learning experience for all. Even if you don't play an instrument and just want to learn about music or discuss music, you are welcome here as well. The only thing we require is that you fill out a small information sheet. You won't be denied, so don't worry about that. It only takes two seconds to fill out.

Name:
Experience with music:
Instruments you play:
Do you read music?:
Divisions/Branches you are interested in:
Other:

If you have an questions at all, you may post them in this thread. We will start to work out schedules as to who will be doing what and when when people start signing up, but for the most part, it's going to be whenever we are on and able to help.

So that's it. Welcome and hope we can help.

Current Participants

1. Staulmaster - Piano - Skill Improvement

Side notes: Can read music.

2. Darkness Princess - Guitar - Skill Improvement

Side notes: Can read music. Plays piano as well.

4. Bond of Flames - Guitar - Skill Improvement/Music Composition

Side notes: Can read tabs.

5. Toasty! - Guitar - Skill Improvement/Music Composition

Side notes: Can read tabs.

6. Lycian Wolf - Guitar - Skill Improvement/Music Composition

Side notes:

7. _Nadie_ - ??? - Skill Improvement/Music Composition

Side notes: Can read music. Plays multiple instruments

8. Zangetsu - Guitar - Skill Improvement

Side notes: Moderate in reading music.

9. Dawning Kensei - ??? - Skill Improvement/Music Composition

Side notes: Already writing songs.

Last edited:

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Well, this seems interesting, I'd certainly like to develop my skills as a musician, I have been for quite some time now. Let me just fill out the sheet, is it okay if I fill it out here?:

Name: Staulmaster

Experience with music: I took piano lessons when I was younger, then I stopped for a while, and I started teaching myself again. I also played the saxophone for a year in high school.

Instruments you play: Like I said, I played the saxophone for a year, but now it's just the piano.

Do you read music?: I'm not sure what this means. Are you asking if I can read a music sheet? I can, but if that's not what you were asking forgive me.

Divisions/Branches you are interested in: Skill improvement. I want to improve my piano playing and discuss any problems I have here. I also have several pieces in mind that I'd like to be able to play on the piano, that I can't right now.

Other: Honestly, I don't listen to music that much, at least not popular music. I'm more into orchestral pieces now. Not sure if that'll help, but I just thought I should say that.

I'm looking forward to this!

Last edited:

The Big Lovin'

Alright, man. Thanks for coming in. I'm going to arrange some things with the other staff members and see if we can get you going and will get back to you as soon as I can. You're also welcome to participate in more than one program at a time.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
You're welcome, thanks for doing all of this, man. It sounds like a lot of fun.

I don't think I'll be joining another program though, at least not anytime soon. I'm not ready to compose yet, lol.

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
This seems interesting...

Name: Marwa, Deep, Darkness Princess or DP (Any is fine)

Experience with music: Taken music as a subject since I was ten. Taken music for my IGCSE's and am currently taking a course in music (International Baccalaureate) at higher level.
I've played the flute since I was ten and am at level 5 (English system) and I've played the guitar since I was 12 but I started taking actual guitar lessons last year and at level 4.

Instruments you play: Flute and Guitar

Do you read music?: Yes

Divisions/Branches you are interested in: Skill Development (Guitar in particular)

Other: None.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
I really like this idea, and hope it does go somewhere. Also, on a side note Red, since I didn't tell you last night, I *can* read sheet music. xD

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
Name:sean, bond of flames
Experience with music:been playing electric guitar for about 7 months i think.
Instruments you play:electric guitar
Do you read music?:i can only read tabs
Divisions/Branches you are interested in:both actually.i want to learn to become better at playing guitar.im also im a band with a few of my friends and i want to be able to make more songs(takes me about 2 months to make random parts, then i tweak em around a bit to go together)
Other:

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Name: Toasty!

Experience with music: I have been playing guitar for roughly a year. Taking mariachi in school to learn it and I teach myself

Instruments you play: Guitar

Do you read music?: If you mean sheet, no, I can't. I can read tabs, but not super advanced tap this, hammer than, pull that solo tabs.

Divisions/Branches you are interested in: Both Skill Improvement and General Education

Other: I want to learn how to read music, not sure if that falls in General Education.

M

Miss Murder

Name: Alyxia, Lycy, Lycian

Experience with music: I began playing piano 9 years ago, stopped for three, but then started up again. Also, I've been playing percussion ( specifically drums ) for three years, and have started learning to play guitar recently.

Instruments you play: Piano, guitar, percussion ( specifically drums )

Do you read music?: Unfortunately, I tend to learn how to play most songs by listening to them. But I would like to learn, and I'm working on learning how to read music.

Divisions/Branches you are interested in: Either / both.

Other: I listen and play music on a regular basis.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Name: Nelly [real name]

Experience with music: I began my music 'career' 3 yrs ago when I first started High School. Band has opened up a new world to me ever since. Within these past 3 years I have been in Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Symphony Orchestra, Choir and have also taken music theory. Which has lead to play a wide range of instruments from woodwinds, string, brass, and vocal.

Instruments you play:
Clarinet- 3 yrs+
[Experience]
(Current)
II Chair Concert Band
1st part Marching Band
II Chair Symphony Orchestra
Trombone- 1 yr
[Experience]
II Jazz Band
Alto Saxophone - 7 months
[Experience]
II Chair Concert Band
Viola/Violin/Cello - 7 months
[Experience]
I Chair Symphony Orchestra
Voice - 8 months+
[Experience]
Lead Soprano II in School's Women's Chorus (current)
[others/ self- taught]
Flute
Bassoon
Vibraphone
Piano

Do you read music?:
Of course I do. I'm pretty skilled at sight reading.

Both, but more in Music Composition Division [in all subjects].

Other:
I listen to Music Everyday.
I practice conducting everyday to the music I listen to.
I also practice any instrument I'm available to everyday

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Name: Jay, Zangetsu

Experience with music: Tried playing the piano in 4th grade and failed miserably. In 6th grade I took up percussion, and I did well but it wasn't just for me. Then in 8th grade I picked up playing the guitar. Ever since then its been "The Next Jimi Hendrix" (favorite) since then.(currently in 9th grade)

Instruments you play:
Guitar
Percussion (set)

Do you read music?: Just a few notes here and there, but nothing too complicated.

Skill Improvement
Just reading music period.

Other:
I listen to music every chance I get
I haven't been able to practice that much lately due to sports

The Big Lovin'

Alright. I'm glad this is actually getting some hits. I would have got to this sooner, but I was having computer problems up until today. So I still need to start arranging things, so I hope you don't mind if it takes a little while longer.

T

Tyler Durden

Name: DK

Experience with music: I listen a lot, and I right songs.

Instruments you play:Guitar, a little vocals

Do you read music?: No. Hellz no.

Divisions/Branches you are interested in: Skill Improvement/ Whatever the other one was ( I forget the ording)

Other: I write songs. I don't know if that helps at all, but I do.

The Big Lovin'

You're good to go, DK. Is there anything specific you would like to work on? If so, contact one of the staff members who can help in such an area.

Now, I have set up a very loose schedule for group discussion. You don't have to participate if you don't want to, but I recommend that you do.

Sundays - General Education/Discussion

Mondays - Music Theory

Tuesdays - Song Crit

Wednesday - Skill Improvement

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are open for individual, as well as group, sessions for anyone of the branches. Skill improvement sessions are available when the staff members are available and willing to help that day. Like I said, it's very loose and laid back here. I'm going to talk to some mods/admins to see if we can hold these discussions in the chat, but in a different room. If not, then we will see about doing it somewhere else.

The Big Lovin'

ok, sounds good

so for the song crit, we gotta upload our stuff somehow?
maybe a quick upload on youtube, post here then delete.lol

Actually, putfile.com is what I recommend as far as uploading songs. You can upload strait .mp3 files.

_Nadie_ said:
oh yay!
when do classes start? lol

They probably will start either tomorrow or Sunday night.

EDIT:

So uh, I got permission to have a room opened in the chat for us to use.

Last edited:

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Is it too late to sign up? If not, then
Name: Rising Falls

Experience w/ Music: First started to learn snare drum from 3rd grade up until the 8th grade. I know how to play lots of things in the percussion family, but I guess my style is more traditional, even my grip on the sticks. I've played snare longer, but I'm skilled at keyboard instruments, esp. marimba. Learned piano throughout middle school. Since I've gotten into high school, I haven't touched my instruments...so I'm like, 2 yrs. rusty

Instruments: Snare drum, various percussion, piano
(I'd really like to learn how to play set...)

Do I read music?: Yes, both bass and treble clef...and the stuff in between.

Divisions/Branches that interest me: Skill Improvement, Music Theory, Gen. Edu. Discussion

This sounds really cool...I only hope that I actually have time to participate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back