• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Music of Birth by Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I haven't come across this thread yet, so I've decided to initiate it myself. There have been many games in the Kingdom Hearts franchise now, each with their own set of best tracks. I wanted to discuss the soundtrack to Birth by Sleep and see what tracks everyone else things belong under the best pieces for that game.

The character themes aside, I think one of the most heart wrenching pieces to exist in Birth by Sleep is 'Tears of the Light'. We first hear this haunting melody when Terra comes upon a crying Cinderella at the point in her story line where her step sisters have ruined what was once her mother's dress. The violins play a powerful role in this piece, conveying the sorrow of the character and how heartbroken she feels. This makes is a very fitting piece for the scene in which it is played.

Though for battle themes, I have to go with 'Rage Awakened' as my top battle theme. Not only does this piece occur in Birth by Sleep, we are first introduced to it in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix during the battle with the Lingering Sentiment. This song spins Terra's character into focus. A good portion of the piece is dedicated to the violins 'fighting back' against Xehanort's influence. Or at least I get that sort of impression.

What pieces are you favorites, and what would you like to share about them? I look forward to seeing everyone's own favorite selections. The only thing I ask is that they are Birth by Sleep tracks since this is the Birth by Sleep forum. Sorry, but no 'Vector to the Heavens'.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I love the somber field theme of Enchanted Dominion. Its very fitting when you're exploring Maleficent's castle.

My top favorite theme from BBS is Dark Impetus. The urgency of the violin really carries the theme, which makes it perfect when fighting MF.

MyNameisAnsem

Dark Impetus, Unbreakable Chains, Master Tell Me the Truth, Forze dell Oscurita... so the battle music. It was amazing.

nxtgarnett5

I love the somber field theme of Enchanted Dominion. Its very fitting when you're exploring Maleficent's castle.

My top favorite theme from BBS is Dark Impetus. The urgency of the violin really carries the theme, which makes it perfect when fighting MF.

This^ I absolutely loved the music while going through the castle. it just made it feel so dreary, just like maleficent's castle would make you feel

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'm sorry I don't know the specific names, so maybe y'all could help me. I really love the more somber songs. Ven's theme isn't off-limits, is it? I love it when a song pulls on my heartstrings. And I always loved ALL the music at the Keyblade Graveyard. Beautiful~

nxtgarnett5

I love it when a song pulls on my heartstrings. And I always loved ALL the music at the Keyblade Graveyard. Beautiful~

The music that is played at the graveyard just kind of makes you feel like you are at the graveyard doesn't it? You just know something is going to happen, it's sad, but somehow a different kind of sad, it just makes you think.

FangirlfromHell

Awards

I haven't played that battle in ages. I may go attempt to actually win this time. I do agree though, the Dark Impetus is one epic battle theme. Somber Field was very fitting, not just for Maleficen't castle but for the world's original story even. Nice choices.

Dark Impetus, Unbreakable Chains, Master Tell Me the Truth, Forze dell Oscurita... so the battle music. It was amazing.

Battle music is fun to listen to. I don't remember Unbreakable Chains or Master Tell Me the Truth too well. Thank you for inspiring me to go get reacquainted with these tracks.

I'm sorry I don't know the specific names, so maybe y'all could help me. I really love the more somber songs. Ven's theme isn't off-limits, is it? I love it when a song pulls on my heartstrings. And I always loved ALL the music at the Keyblade Graveyard. Beautiful~

No, Ven's theme is not off limits at all. As long as a track is from Birth by Sleep even the original teaser trailer like 'Fate of the Unknown' works. A lot of the music just crushes the soul. Keyblade Graveyard did indeed have some of the best tracks in the game. That choir is just haunting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Oh I forgot about Hunter of the Dark from BBSFM. The eerie vibe, it sound like a psycho theme at the beginning, perfect for that Heartless hunter.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Watch out for double-posting, Fangirl! I'm not tryin to get you in trouble, just be careful...

And that Graveyard music is so sweet!

@Absent: I think I actually know which one you're talking about! :D

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
My favourite field track in BbS is Daydream upon Neverland. The track is light, playful, and really captures the essence of fun and frolic, which is fitting since Neverland is where children play, play, and play without having to worry about a single thing - after all, why worry if you don't even grow up? Combine that with the great nature scenery of the world: a cliffside track, a seaside lagoon, a clearing in the forest, a waterfall adorned with rainbows... need I say more?

As for battle theme, it would have to be Dismiss. That track beautifully blends together Terra and Xehanort. It has elements from Guardando nel Buio (which screams Ansem SoD) and Rage Awakened (which screams Terra), and the way they work together at the climax of the track is just superb. It's like the track itself has two distinct personalities that go hand-in-hand: the choir and percussion represent Xehanort, the piano and violin represent Terra.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
As for battle theme, it would have to be Dismiss. That track beautifully blends together Terra and Xehanort. It has elements from Guardando nel Buio (which screams Ansem SoD) and Rage Awakened (which screams Terra), and the way they work together at the climax of the track is just superb. It's like the track itself has two distinct personalities that go hand-in-hand: the choir and percussion represent Xehanort, the piano and violin represent Terra.

I feel bad. I totally forgot about Dismiss and it's on my 'Best of BBS' playlist O.O Listening to it again you're absolutely right. They do work well and have portions of those other two songs. I may replay the entirety of Terra's story again just for Rage Awakened then play Final Episode for Dismissed. Who knew that talking about the music would make me want to go finally get back to my current replays?

morgancb35

The bbs soundtrack really adds to the kh story. The key blade graveyard theme was sooo eerie and unsettling.

nxtgarnett5

The bbs soundtrack really adds to the kh story. The key blade graveyard theme was sooo eerie and unsettling.

I felt like the graveyard theme was sad, but also kind of majestic in a way, like you know the end is about to come, no matter how it turns out, this is where it ends. It seems like a poetic theme to me

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I gotta go with the Enchanted Dominion theme. Not only is that my favorite piece of BBS music but it's one of my favorite pieces from the whole series. It's just so beautiful yet sad and eerie. I also like the Castle of Dreams theme (even though it's just Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo but I like that song so....).

JechtShotMK9

Awards
I would have to go with, in no particular order, "Shaded Truths," "Terra," "A Date with Fate"(loved Crisis Core), "Another Side-Battle Version," "Dark Impetus," and "Master, Tell me the Truth."

My favorite, though, would have to be "Forze dell'Oscurita." "Darkness of the Unknown" is my favorite track in the whole series, and it goes so well with "Forze del Male" for the No Heart boss fight.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I would have to go with, in no particular order, "Shaded Truths," "Terra," "A Date with Fate"(loved Crisis Core), "Another Side-Battle Version," "Dark Impetus," and "Master, Tell me the Truth."

My favorite, though, would have to be "Forze dell'Oscurita." "Darkness of the Unknown" is my favorite track in the whole series, and it goes so well with "Forze del Male" for the No Heart boss fight.

Wow, that's a large list of favorites. I'm actually not sure all of those are BBS or not there are so many. They probably are. I think that "A Date with Fate" was a very good one. Crisis Core was a great game despite what FFVII "Purists" have to say about it. I think the best scene was Zack asking Aqua for a date.

"Another Side-Battle Version" sounds like it is from Days, but I'm totally letting it slide cause it is awesome regardless.

Is "Forze dell'Oscurita" the battle with Xehanort and Vanitas together? I don't remember it too well.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Forze dell'Oscurita is the battle theme of No Heart (Xehanort's armour) in the Mirage Arena, although it's an FM-exclusive content. The battle with Xehanort and Vanitas together has Black Powder as its theme, which also plays when you fight Braig in Radiant Garden as Terra.

MegaCore5

Awards
I like the cover for "Succession" which is originally from crisis core. The rest of my favorites are "Vim and Vigor", "The Encounter", "Shrouding Dark Cloud", and "Rage Awakened".

JechtShotMK9

Awards
Wow, that's a large list of favorites. I'm actually not sure all of those are BBS or not there are so many. They probably are. I think that "A Date with Fate" was a very good one. Crisis Core was a great game despite what FFVII "Purists" have to say about it. I think the best scene was Zack asking Aqua for a date.

"Another Side-Battle Version" sounds like it is from Days, but I'm totally letting it slide cause it is awesome regardless.

Is "Forze dell'Oscurita" the battle with Xehanort and Vanitas together? I don't remember it too well.
"Another Side-Battle Version" plays during Aqua's fight with Braig in the Keyblade Graveyard, although it wouldn't surprise me if it's in Days as well. "Master, Tell me the Truth" plays during the Armor of the Master fight in the Mirage Arena in BBSFM. "Forze dell'Oscurita" plays during the No Heart boss fight in BBSFM, and is a mix of "Forze del Male" and "Darkness of the Unknown," from the Ansem and Xemnas boss fights of KHI and KH2, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back