• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Most Popular KH Pairing According to Fanfiction Is...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zettaLOL

Website
wanderingwolf18.tripod.com
8shortfuse and I were trying to determine the Orgy's most popular member to be paired romantically with. We had a nudging hunch it would be Demyx ('cause he seems to be the Orgy's 'lil betch XD). Well, we were wrong...

We then added Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Namine to the list to make it more interesting...and also because there are popular fanbases for RoxasXSora, RoxasXNamine, KairiXAxel, etc. So we just had to include 'em.=]

Results:
The top twelve most popular pairings:
12. SoNami- Sora & Namine (173)
11. AkuRiku- Riku & Axel (189)
10. XemSai- Xemnas & Saix (202)
9. Kaiku- Kairi & Riku (225)
8. Namiku- Namine & Riku (283)
7. AkuDemu- Demyx & Axel (369)
6. RokuSora- Roxas & Sora (516)
5. RokuNami- Roxas & Namine (1,106)
4. Zemyx- Zexion & Demyx (1,139)
3. SoKai- Sora & Kairi (2,030)
2. SoRiku- Sora & Riku (3, 652)
1. AkuRoku- Axel & Roxas (4,617)

The top five most popular people:
5. Kairi
4. Riku
3. Axel
2. Sora
1. Roxas

The top five most popular Organization members:
5. Marluxia
4. Zexion
3. Demyx
2. Axel
1. Roxas (He probably wouldn't be number one if we hadn't included the non-orgy members.)

Least popular person: Poor ol' Xaldin, followed by Lexaeus. =(

Data:
How'd we collect this info? We looked under the romance column on fanfiction for each pairing, counting up the total amount of fics made for the (usually yaoi) couple. Naturally, these results aren't perfect, but they're a pretty good estimate of how crazy popular some of these bizzarre-o pairings are. lol.

The numbers in blue are the most popular pairings for one specific person. For example, Vexen was paired with Marluxia the most (shocker... *sarcasm*), so Marluxia's amount beside Vexen's name is blue instead of the usual red. The blue ones only apply left-to-right, not vertically.

If there were no fanfic pairings between some people, such as XigXi (thank God no one's done one of those...), there's a gray, lonely little zero.

Everyone had at least one zero...except for Zexion, Demyx, and *gasp* Larxene. Strange, no? Lexaeus and Xion had the most zeros. They're unloved.

link: Kingdom Hearts Pairing Chart
pairingschart2.jpg

Yes, we have too much time on our hands. That fact aside, this was a rather fun little endeavor and we were pretty surprised by some of the results. Xemluxia only had 14 fics? SoRiku beat SoKai by a landslide? (Nevermind, that's not so shocking. Haha.) AkuZeku is that dang popular? And Riku and...Axel? Seriously??

I was very sad to see no XigRiku. XD

I knew AkuRoku was popular, but daaaang.

Forgive any of this that's inaccurate...we're only human. ^^;

Even More Results....Everyone Loves Results....(Not)
Top Three Pairings For Each Person:
Xemnas: Saix, Marluxia, Zexion
Xigbar: Demyx, Luxord, Xaldin
Xaldin: Xigbar, Luxord, Demyx
Vexen: Marluxia, Lexaeus/Zexion, Demyx
Lexaeus: Zexion, Vexen, Xaldin
Zexion: Demyx, Axel, Marluxia
Saix: Xemnas, Demyx, Axel
Axel: Roxas, Demyx, Riku
Demyx: Zexion, Axel, Xigbar
Luxord: Xigbar, Xaldin, Larxene
Marluxia: Vexen, Zexion, Larxene
Larxene: Axel, Marluxia, Demyx
Roxas: Axel, Namine, Sora
Xion: Roxas, Riku, Axel
Sora: Riku, Kairi, Roxas
Kairi: Sora, Riku, Roxas
Riku: Sora, Namine, Kairi
Namine: Roxas, Riku, Sora

[EDIT]: You people should rep me for all this hard work. XD Look how low-leveled I am. =( Just kidding! Anyway, I changed the list from 'top ten pairings' to 'top twelve'. And I made the chart image bigger for when you click the link. I don't think it was very big before....

Last edited:

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
wow....thanks for doing all that! It's really interesting c:

Empress

Lol fandom and RokuSora. And AkuRiku? o_o
Where is the SoNami love >: I could have probably predicted the most popular org members thanks to the gigantic fanbases of AkuRoku/Zemyx.
Rofl at Demyx, Zexion and Larxene being paired with like...everyone besides themselves.

I didn't know AkuRoku was THAT popular either.
Anyway thanks for the efforts, it's fun to see the results too~ Although a lot I'm not suprised by ._.

zettaLOL

Website
Where is the SoNami love >:

I know, quite a shock, right? =P I expected there to be more, too.

I can imagine how some of these fandoms came about:

~ Vexen X Zexion because they're the 'smart' members and are together in Castle Oblivion
~Kairi X Saix and Namine X Marluxia because some people find it oddly awesome for the chars to fall in love with their evil captors >.>;;
~Larxene X Namine or Kairi or Xion because it's one of the only opportunites in KH for yuri XD
~Demyx X Saix because of the Saix Puppy comics...need I say more? LOL.

But there are some pairings out there that I just wouldn't be able to comprehend in a million years....

XemKai? RokuVex? LarMar? No, just no, in my opinion. XD

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Oh God no. D:
IT'S ALWAYS THE DARN AKUROKU.

Rix

:)
Awards
Haha, I do so disagree with most of the KH fandom:3

NumberVIII

AKUROKU!<3

Bahahaha I feel so triumphant now. :D

I mean, you've gotta see the appeal other people (such as myself :3) see in it. If you boil it down to the basics, and are okay with the fact that they're both boys ><, it's a tragic love story. They have feelings for each other when they're not supposed to (and that's canon, we just take it further), and then Roxas goes away and Axel dies to save him. D: You all have the right to dislike it, but you have to admit it has it's charms. If you look, you can find it in the games. It's not completely unreasonable, like RokuVex or something. >>;

8shortfuse

Wow, zetta. I can't believe you put it up. I like how my name ended up being the vert first word in the post, lol. Anyway, I agree, I was surprised by some of the result. Last time we checked, which was last summer, SoRiku was beating AkuRoku. Now AkuRoku's winning by over a thousand. I guess the release of days really helped boost it's numbers.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow. Look at all those numbers!

Lol, thanks for doing this. It's so interesting.

See, this is why I try not to have favorites. Some people need more love.

zettaLOL

Website
I just looked that up for the first time.

OH MY GOD.

haha, i know. aren't they wonderful? XDDDD

yeah, I've heard of that. GROSS

Zetta made me read a donaldXSora one which in the end turned into a donaldXRoxas story. It was soooooooooo nasty

Donald____and_Sora__Um__Ewies__by_dragonwind15.jpg

tee hee XD it's just wrong, right? tho i guess some people dont think so... i fear for the sanity of the person who thinks a duck and a human getting jiggy with it is hot.

Birnax

I'm not suprised Akuroku is #1. Artsites I been on received a flood of yaoi fanfics & artwork this couple everyday.
I'm glad to see Soriku is the second most popular because thats one my of favorite pairing besides Terra x Aqua.

Last edited:
A

Azrael

So what? Most Kingdom Hearts fans are a bunch of raving retards.

Go TerAqua :D

zettaLOL

Website
aw sorry i didnt add terra, venn, or aqua to the list. :eek: ...or vanitas or ansem or pence or...lol

i got lazy XD

i figured the org and main characters comprised of the most popular pairings and just left it at that ^^;

A

Azrael

aw sorry i didnt add terra, venn, or aqua to the list. :eek: ...or vanitas or ansem or pence or...lol

i got lazy XD

i figured the org and main characters comprised of the most popular pairings and just left it at that ^^;

TAV are the main characters of BBS and the Organization is the biggest bunch of one dimensional villains.

WaveK89

The first two aren't surprising. If fanfiction includes AMV (or in this case GMV...same thing), then I'd have to agree.

Pretty cool how all the data was collected and analyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back