• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The most disappointing thing about Limit Cut

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

cakito123

Awards
I can't have Donald and Goofy helping me????

In KH2 I loved taking care of them and healing them up to help me fight. I speacially liked the Zexion boss battle in which he trapped them inside his books and we had to crack it open to save them. It gave me a sense of them participating for real in the battle and I loved that so so much. I really missed this in KH3's superbosses.

Maybe I'm being silly but maybe I'm not alone in this - I think allies makes the battle system in KH a lot more fun to play the game. I like to worry about Donald and Goofy and give them the best armor I can so we can win the battle together, and when I'm up to heal I start to search for their DEAD FLAT BODIES for me to heal me and them too. In KH3 specially, It gives me satisfaction when I use Goofy Bombardier and Flare Force and I can finish an enemy, and I love when Donald heals me in a difficult battle where I'm struggling.

So, yeah, having them cut off from the most fun battles in the game just made me a bit upset. I still love those battles to the death, but I think it'd be a lot more fun to fight New Organization XIII alongside Donald and Goofy.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm more disappointed at the lack of playable Data-Riku/Aqua/Roxas/Kairi options.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Options are always better, and I love Donald and The Goofster, but I'd definitely prefer them off in these particular battles. It can be really disorienting when an enemy switches targets halfway into their pattern (Final Xehanort)

Say Larxene is going to teleport and strike you three times. She goes once, you guard. She disappears, and you guard again, but this time she goes for Donald and one shots him. Now you're coming out of the guard animation and you can't guard again until after she hits you, so you take a potentially caustic hit for no reason.

I think if Re:Mind had given one more GREAT moment to Donald and Goofy, you wouldn't miss them so bad in the Limit Cut fights. But there was nothing for them. I guess since KH3's grand finale was really built around Donald and Goofy helping to deal the final blow, they didn't feel the need to give them anything special in the dlc.

cakito123

Awards
I'm more disappointed at the lack of playable Data-Riku/Aqua/Roxas/Kairi options.

Yeah, that too. It would be so easy to give us this option... I think what they are trying to do is to give us some kind of special feeling for playing as a different character that is not Sora, so we have only those specific moments to play with them and that's on purpose. Still wish they'd give us the option somewhere, tho

Options are always better, and I love Donald and The Goofster, but I'd definitely prefer them off in these particular battles. It can be really disorienting when an enemy switches targets halfway into their pattern (Final Xehanort)

Say Larxene is going to teleport and strike you three times. She goes once, you guard. She disappears, and you guard again, but this time she goes for Donald and one shots him. Now you're coming out of the guard animation and you can't guard again until after she hits you, so you take a potentially caustic hit for no reason.

Well, In KH2, boss battles work without any much trouble because the bosses will always prefer to attack you instead of Donald and Goofy. They will die by standing in the wrong place in the wrong time, except if you defend an attack successfully (in which case, they won't receive damage), They could just ignore Donald And Goofy and add a little more mechanics to include them. Like, what if Donald and Goofy gets trapped in a Luxord's card too and you need to find and save them? It could be fun.

I think if Re:Mind had given one more GREAT moment to Donald and Goofy, you wouldn't miss them so bad in the Limit Cut fights. But there was nothing for them. I guess since KH3's grand finale was really built around Donald and Goofy helping to deal the final blow, they didn't feel the need to give them anything special in the dlc.

I wouldn't feel satisfied wwith that, because different from any other allie in the main game, Donald and Goofy do level up with you, you share equipments with them you get armor for them and you get hellp from them almost the whole game. It would be just fair and better that in those super challenge battles, they give us everything we've been building up for. When I played KH2 I made sure to have Donald and Goddy strong enough to help me defeat the Data battles, but in KH3 I know they won't be usable in the last super challenge, so I don't mind much with making them stronger, since the main game isn't that challeging either.

D

Deleted member 252753

I liked the one-on-one Limit Cut battles but would have liked at least one difficult battle with Donald and Goofy. I felt slightly disappointed that I never had a reason to use any of the Megalixirs I had hoarded throughout the game.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Donald and Goofy in the Data battles would decrease the difficulty of them. Their reaction commands give you more moments of invincibility and a free hit, they can interrupt a combo or heal you during one, the boss could focus on them giving you a free chance to hit them without finding the opening yourself. A lot of these boss fights are designed for one-on-one combat and I'm fine with that.

I can understand wanting party members in fights, but these aren't storyline bosses, they are superbosses. Designed to test the players skills, and learn some new tricks.

cakito123

Awards
Adding friends to the battles wouldnt necessarily make it easier, exactly because they are superbosses.
In just one Repliku combo Donald and goofy would be dead. In kh2's data battles Donald and Goofy does just that, dies in 2 hits. And choosing to heal them always come with a sense of difficulty either, since you need to get close to them to heal everyone together. Personally I think this adds a layer of difficulty to the game that is really fun to experience.

The players would still get invincible time windows with their special attacks, but considereing you not always have these, I dont think it'd be that much a balancing problem...

disney233

Awards
Because Donald & Goofy are glass to EVERY superboss in each game. Sure Donald Heals. A nice thing he does before he gets one-shotted.

Awards
For my own peace of mind, I'm glad they aren't included. I'm currently obsessed with min-maxing sora's strength, magic, and defense for the super bosses. It involves a lot of lucky strike farming from verum rex, money farming with rags to riches, and item farming in the now bland and boring battle gate 11. "Fun".

I'm not doing that shit all over again for Donald and Goofy.

Back