• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Miracles (OOC & Sign-ups)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Young_Justice_TV_series.PNG

The Miracles

SETTING

It is the year 2024, the year when S.T.A.R. Labs revealed their latest technology that would support clean energy for all people, regardless of where they are from. This new technology is called the Particle Accelerator and the particles that makes the energy clean is inside a very small sphere that must be monitored by the hour as to ensure there won't be any problems.

While there are supporters of this cause that includes the Military and one such man that sees it for what it is: A way to take the War of Terror to a new high and that man is none other than General Ellis Wells, the brother of Dr. Michael Wells whom made the discovery and inventor of the Particle Accelerator and its Particles.

Then there are the oppositions like Dr. Michael Wells whom is more of a scientist than an solider. While he understand his older brother's vision, the good doctor realizes the reality of it and fights to ensure the military won't get their hands on the Particles. However, the fight is just starting..

It is May 20th, 2024 and the night is here as Dr. Wells and his team that works with him for the past 15 years are celebrating the debut of the Particle Accelerator when a loud rumble echoed throughout the building and then without warning, the entire building, the citizens of Archville and the entire city plus the world is bathed with dangerous unknown energies alongside the Particles in a brilliant glow that resembles of a tropical storm as it rages throughout the world.

The next day, S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Wells has suddenly become an pariah as the entire world is coming to grips with the new reality that their loved ones are either dead, missing or in a medical-induced coma caused by the machine that supposedly is meant to give 'clean' energy. Even the Military has wiped their hands clean of it and as far as they're concerned of it, it only made them aware of how far technology can hinder the people of the world while it can help in some ways. A fact that Ellis Wells is very aware of and takes control of the new reality for himself and the Military.

Meanwhile, Dr. Wells is working hard to take care of those whom has been entered into a coma while keeping eyes on the city and its' citizens for any signs of change from the incident. Little did he know, those effects on the people of the world has either already begun or is at least being aware of it by the rise of crime across the city and some parts of the world by people with gifts beyond their wildest dreams.

Those people are called the Miracles: people with gifts given by the Particles when the Accelerator blew up. It is up to those 'Miracles' to use their powers for good or abuses it for personal reasons all the while as the Military and by extent Ellis are just starting to get a bigger idea.

This is their stories and only the start of many adventures yet to come.

CURRENT EVENTS

Episode 01: Plot

TYPES

Meta Human Criminals/Miracles: Special individuals struck by radiation that have superhuman abilities and vow to keep their city safe or destroy it. Their powers ranging from the impossible to the elements and beyond.

Average Citizen: Those without superpowers that are either caught in the cross fire, perhaps hiding an ability of their own or don't know they're a Miracle quite yet.

Villains: General Ellis Wells, the Military, and the many Metahuman Criminals.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

{Rules}
1. No God-Modding, Powerplaying or Machine gun posting.

2. Romance is allowed. Please keep it PG-13

3. Please type in English. Show us you have some grammar. It is totally a must for this. *Not trying to be a Grammar Nazis, but it's very needed in this certain type of RP*

4. More than one player may be allowed. Please ask first before making a second character.

5. If you're gone, please notify me through VM or PM.

6. And put "Super Heroes for Life" at the top of your template to show you've read the rules.

7. If you want to be the main villain please request it through a PM.

For the powers, whatever works well but absolutely no overpowered stuff like Gravity or Reality-Warping powers; simply no-no around here. And to see what powers are available, please use this site: List of Supernatural Powers and Abilities - Superpower Wiki

Also, if there is a certain power you like, be sure to check the tiers of it; it is how we will start with by using the default of that power until we train more and more to reach our true potential. Think of it as playing video-games like the InFamous series or whatever you play on.

As for current events, it will be like episodic as you would see in a TV Show like The Flash, Arrow and Smallville, etc. Of course, there will be moments where your character wants to explore, talk, etc without interrupting the overall story arc.

And I want everybody to be aware that we're going to start as normal people living our lives down to the exact moment the Particle Accelerator blew up, so we can start easy. Now we'll be on our own up to that moment so once this starts, we begin our adventures! :D

{Character Roster}

Clarissa 'Claire' Johnson- Roxie1563

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
Hmm, count me in Roxie. I'll see about getting a template up in the next week, and I think I already have an idea on the character. *scampers off to see about looking at powers*

Cool. :D And just take your time with the template; something tells me it'll be a while until we're all here to start it up. :)

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Ooh, Roxie, why you always gotta tempt me, girl? I got a character I'd love to pull in, but his design's around the modern incarnation of an Egyptian god, so I don't know... *has two other characters from an RP that never got off the ground that would totally work as well, but now Seth's being a major chatterbox in the back of her head, too*

Roxie1563

Awards
Ooh, Roxie, why you always gotta tempt me, girl? I got a character I'd love to pull in, but his design's around the modern incarnation of an Egyptian god, so I don't know... *has two other characters from an RP that never got off the ground that would totally work as well, but now Seth's being a major chatterbox in the back of her head, too*

I love to tempt you, Dream.. ;) After all, I'm good at it.

Sounds like Hawkgirl to me.. slightly. As for powers, be sure it does make sense. *hasn't decided on Skitty's power which is death magic or something like that* I should think about giving her my answer soon.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Well, Seth was for another RP where he's the modern incarnation of the god Set, so it would be chaos and storms. Like I said, I need to take a look at a few things. And yeah, she told me about that. She's had Hades in her head recently, and thanks to our writing teacher and stuff she's been doing for school, that's made the desire to do a psycho-pomp even stronger.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
That was Kit Kat, not me that put the picture up. I wanted the original but couldn't get it to work.

When I first came in here that was the picture I saw before editing everything apart and it disappeared. Roxie, what picture are you referring to? Send me a link of the original and I'll put it in. :|

Roxie1563

Awards
When I first came in here that was the picture I saw before editing everything apart and it disappeared. Roxie, what picture are you referring to? Send me a link of the original and I'll put it in. :|

How about we do both? The one is fine and it represents those children as they were before their parents' murders. The other one shows those children all grown up to where they are currently in this RP.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Young_Justice_TV_series.PNG

By the way, what size was that picture? Just wanted to know that. Also, you're still welcome to participate in this. :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
How about we do both? The one is fine and it represents those children as they were before their parents' murders. The other one shows those children all grown up to where they are currently in this RP.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Young_Justice_TV_series.PNG

By the way, what size was that picture? Just wanted to know that. Also, you're still welcome to participate in this. :)

Okay, it's fixed again. Normally, I'd be all for putting in pictures, but more than one makes it messier and harder to keep the rest of your op clean. Sorry. :c I also don't know what the size of the one picture I used was.

Thanks! I need to think on it because, I might cause some hold up if I try to join. Still got too much on my plate right now. xD

Roxie1563

Awards
Okay, it's fixed again. Normally, I'd be all for putting in pictures, but more than one makes it messier and harder to keep the rest of your op clean. Sorry. :c I also don't know what the size of the one picture I used was.

Thanks! I need to think on it because, I might cause some hold up if I try to join. Still got too much on my plate right now. xD

Okay, that's all right; just remember that it is still open for you whenever you're free. :)

Who knew working on a template could be so hard and exhausted? D: But I'm nearly there!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Sorry Roxie, it doesn't look like I'll be able to get in on this. It looks really good tho and I wish the best!

Roxie1563

Awards
Sorry Roxie, it doesn't look like I'll be able to get in on this. It looks really good tho and I wish the best!

It's all right! And thank you, I'm little excited about this one. :3

Roxie1563

Awards
All right, here's my template and hopefully it will show you how it looks like.

Superheroes for Life!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I sure hope you guys like my work. I've spend long hours trying to get this up, no thanks to the storm going on here. :/

Last edited:

jnh71193

Awards
This looks really good. I'm a big fan of both Arrow and The Flash. I would like to help in this in some way, but unfortunately I'm a bad writer.

Roxie1563

Awards
This looks really good. I'm a big fan of both Arrow and The Flash. I would like to help in this in some way, but unfortunately I'm a bad writer.

Glad to hear you'd like to help out. :) And it's okay about that, so are you interested in this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back