• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~ The Messanger of Time ~ Parts 3 & 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It's alright, Eriah! Whenever you're able to put up another chapter is well worth the wait. Furthermore, it's pretty cool you've been working on other stories for your website too. I took a peek at it recently, thought the new stuff was awesome. An there's no pressure. Take all the time you need to update, cause none of us would want you to get burnt out. In the meantime, it's good you're alive and well. Happy belated New Years to you too! And happy to follow you and your story, cause it's been a fun journey overall. :)

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
So, since I haven't posted a chapter or update in...several months, I figure I say something to let people know I'm still alive.
I've been working on Phase 1B of the series, The Dusk Legacy, and have made significant progress on the four stories comprising it. The phase is coming pretty close to being finished. So once it is, I should be able to put more focus in writing this story again. To give some details, The Messanger's Shadow has about four fifths of its full story summary written. Nocturnal Sanction is just about finished, save for the side episodes I'll deal with later. Midnight Requiem is about done, just have to fill in a few gaps and patch it up with a final written summary. And Shattered Genesis is close to its completion, but is waiting on the other three before being finished. I haven't posted the finished writings to my site yet, but it will be updated once they're done. The individual soundtracks are about done though. If anyone wants to see updates, the site is linked in my signature here. As always, thanks for reading this story and hopefully I'll be able to write more of it soon!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It's good to hear you're alive, Eriah!

You certainly have a lot of stories under your belt to write. It's quite astonishing and amazing! Furthermore, it's good to hear you'll eventually be returning to this story and updating the remaining of chapters of it. I suppose I should ask if you plan on putting The Messanger's Shadow, Nocturnal Sanction, Midnight Requiem, and Shattered Genesis here? If not, it's totally okay. Considering you've got a website for your stories. It's likely I'll leave reviews of those stories here in the near future. If that's okay? :) In the meantime, I eagerly look forward to reading these stories once they're finished, Eriah!

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
That's perfectly fine. Maybe I'll open a thread for the Dusk Legacy stories to talk about here. As those stories are meant to be made into games (sometime waaaaay down the road, after I take college and all that wonderful stuff so I can make games), I do eventually plan to novelize them. The first story, The Messanger's Shadow, is meant to be written after Darkness of Dimension, which is the third story of this series. The fourth, The Legacy of Sylver, is to be written alongside Nocturnal Sanction, andthe other two of the Dusk Legacy will be after that. So the novelizations will almost definitely come first. And they'll be posted here when I do write them. For now, I'm working on the summaries for them, so those would suffice as a detailed enough read on their own, with more information on the characters, etc, on my site. Once TMS' summary is finished, I'll post it to my site and possibly open a new thread here on it. I'll keep you updated.
On the note of my website, there have been minor tweaks done to this story, but they're mostly grammatical, and while I do my best to update it everywhere that's posted, the changes are first and foremost made on the site.
I'd like to add that, in case anyone has worries due to my delays in writing and updating with information: This series is eleven years in the making, as of this Summer. It has been written and rewritten a couple times before the (hopefully) final versions are being done and set in stone now. It would probably take pretty close to me dropping off the face of the planet for me to stop working on it entirely. Whether it will ever come to an end, or whether I'll write it all again as an original series not based on Pokemon is to be seen. But this is my life's work, and I will continue to do it for as long as I know. It just takes some good motivation to push ahead at a steady pace. So bear with me.

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
Well this was a long time coming. The Messanger's Shadow has been finished with its initial writing and the story is complete. Now all that's left is for my friend to go over proofreading it before I can post it online. In the meantime, while he does that, we'll be going into a more in-depth writing for the next story, Nocturnal Sanction. And then after, Midnight Requiem, Shattered Genesis, then finally, Renegade's Enigma. There's a lot to come, so look forward to it. Once proofreading is finished for The Messanger's Shadow, I'll be posting it here and on my site. And hopefully sometime soon, I'll be able to get back to working on this story, since it's been on hold for so long.

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
So I went ahead and posted the story summary for The Messanger's Shadow on my website, which can be viewed with the link in my signature. As the first story of Phase 1B: The Dusk Legacy, The Messanger's Shadow has a bit more mysterious of a feel from this story, The Messanger of Time, and takes place around three hundred years beforehand. Those who've read this story may get some of the references shown in the other. A soundtrack for the story is also on the site and you can listen to each of the tracks fully. You can give feedback here if you like. At a later time, hopefully pretty soon (within the next couple days), I will try and post the summary on the forums here under a new thread, where more direct feedback can be given in a more proper place. So you can look forward to that. For now, I'll need to sleep. This post was sort of a last minute thing before going to bed, an hour later than I should've (gotta love jobs). So the next time I can get around to it, I'll get to work on that thread. See you there!

Last edited:

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
So, this thread sort of died some time ago. Must be when I started focusing primarily on the Dusk Legacy and left this behind. But I haven't stopped working on it overall. I've just been...remaking revisions behind the scenes.
As it is, I may wind up restarting this story and re-rewriting it (as this is actually a rewrite from the way it was back in 2009. I never posted the original here though, it's much too bad). It will probably take on a very different format, as starting off from when Vincent returns to Kanto after his little trip through Orre and instead showing scenes from the past gradually building up to what we see today.
There are many things that I want to change, especially since I'm currently working on the second story of the Dusk Legacy, Nocturnal Sanction. So far, I'm on chapter 4 out of eleven in that story "summary". It'll be done the same way I did The Messanger's Shadow. But as things from there reflect on this story and its sequel, I've already made some major changes to this story that make things written here irrelevant now. This will need to be fixed in time. So for the time being, I will probably put this story on halt until Nocturnal Sanction is finished, then I may start it over "from scratch" at that time. So you can expect a new thread for this story when I get to doing it. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone who have been following this story and wanted to see it to the end. But I have strong hopes that the new one will be much better.
Like always, I'll give updates as they come. Look forward to Nocturnal Sanction coming out in the near-ish future. And then The Messanger of Time later on.

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
Alright. So I know this has been a long time waiting, and I'm sort of disappeared from the face of the planet for...a year? And I haven't been posting any updates here. But I've been working behind the scenes still, making plans for the series. No, it hasn't died. I'm still adamantly working on it. But actual posting for the solid, set-in-stone work for it stopped. And I want to tend to that soon. So as said, Nocturnal Sanction is still in writing, and will be for a bit longer. But I've been recently going over my plans to do this story over, as I've mentioned before. It'll be in a different format than before. But my cowriter (yes, I have a cowriter) and I started making plans to try and get focused on the end work, and I'd like to start putting it down on paper, so to speak, soon. Once I start writing The Messanger of Time, I think I'm going to wait until I've written up the chapters for each part before posting them. So I'll write all of Part 1 and post them all at once, then Part 2, and Part 3. This makes it so that I can still post the story in portions to get it to you guys in a more manageable time so the thread doesn't just...die. But also lets me go back and make revisions to the chapters in a part as needed. Because a huge problem I had was that I'd post a chapter, and then decide a couple chapters later that something's not good enough, go back and change it, and then you wouldn't know about it because you've already read it and moved on. It just doesn't work. So if I do this in parts, I think it'll work out better for myself and you guys.

The plans I currently have, this story will be done in three parts instead of four, like it was previously being done. And it'll integrate Vincent's life as he was growing up into the present time, whether talked about between the characters or shown in flashbacks. I think this would do better to flesh out all the characters, particularly the parents, without rushing through...the 'growing up' period to get to current time and that being it. As my cowriter said, and as you've probably noticed, that didn't work out so well. So you can expect that sort of formula with the rewrite. The main conflict of the story will also be made more prominent, and will have more emotional involvement, which the previous writing seriously lacked, what with being rushed as well as just being rather amateurish, dare I say. I also plan to replace one of the characters which belonged to someone else I knew with a new one of my own, which will give me more room to flesh him out and develop him into someone more meaningful. And perhaps this'll allow me to make future plans with him, if I decide to. We'll see. Overall, this is going to be a bit tricky to pull off, integrating the flashbacks in a way that the present story can still be followed, and certain things can be left a mystery until time to show them. Keep the emotional involvement without telling too much too early is key. I'm fairly confident I can manage it, and I plan to work this out with my cowriter before I start writing it down. With this story, I expect no more rewrites after this. So I'm going to put my fullest into this and make it the best I can. This is a long overdue project, and I deeply apologize for the wait I've made you all do- most have probably even forgotten about it. So my hope is to revive this and keep people in the know about it so I can avoid this happening again. I hope you'll stick with me through it, and may the series thrive as it once did.

Eriah

Awards
Website
eriahsylverstone.wix.com
Okay... So, there are no excuses to why I've been away so long. And the fact that I have been away for this long means the people who used to be on this site probably aren't anymore. Most likely, everyone who's read this story is gone. But I'm gonna make this post anyways, see if anyone sees it.

So, let's start by being blunt. Yes, I have strayed pretty far away from this story in particular. I've been working with my cowriter on planning and setting up later stories in the series. I've been all over the place, from Phase One stories, to Phase Three, to Phase Four, back to Phase Two, to Phase One again. I just sort of put down what comes to mind and work off it.

Now, to the point. In the past few months, particularly since July after I was hit by a car (I won't go into details about that. I'll just say I'm still recovering, I'm back to work, and I'm fine. So don't worry), I've had to focus my attention on other things, and occupy myself with other things during the month I spent in rehab. Some things really inspired me, and no small part of my cowriter pestering me to keep my fan games on the down low to avoid copyright strikes from Nintendo. But I have chosen to start moving my series away from Pokemon and work on building an original universe for myself, with my own creatures and characters, entirely separate from the IP. As such, there will be some pretty major changes to the series. Particularly, it won't be based on the lore of Pokemon games or other media in the franchise. So a lot of world history will be different. In the ways that they did affect my series, there will be changes there. Particularly the stories based on the Mystery Dungeon Explorers games, which is really tough for me to move away from, since they're some of my favorite games, period.

What this will bring is more freedom for me to make something entirely my own, and do what I want with it, without the restrictions or rules laid out by Pokemon. To the next point, the series itself won't...change much. All the characters I've had (that I created, not game characters), will still be there. Their roles will still be the same. People like Vincent, James, Lucas, etc, will still be doing what they're doing. But their species, and the world they're in will be different. Realms will still be prominent, but the major ones explored in the series (the main games world and the PMD2 world) will be revised heavily. I already have a basic map drawn of the main realm, Terra. Still adding locations. But the main ones seen in this story and most later stories I've planned are laid out and set. You can expect more or less the same story I've been writing, just detached from Pokemon. And as the series progressed, it's been slowly getting further from the franchise anyways. I've already been making my own worlds, and I will continue using these worlds the way they are.

So we can expect a lot of changes to the series, but the core, what makes it what it is (and it's not Pokemon), will be the same. Just...better. Since it'll be an original series. Furthermore, the series will very likely be relegated to being almost entirely games. RPGs. I already have some experience with this, as we've seen with my fan game, The Messanger's Shadow. I can continue things like this, with original species and original sprite work. I already have four species designed, which I've shown here before, as fakemon. Those will be brought to the new series, given the name espers. I still have to flesh out many of the basics of the world. But I promise, I will try my best to make updates whenever possible. I just have to find another forum category to post to for this. If anyone can give pointers to where, that'd be cool.

We won't be getting any games anytime soon. But any species I start working on, I'll make an effort to keep updated here, and things pertaining to them. This will take a lot of work. There is an entire world, universe, to build from the ground up. I already have some pretty good foundations in place and am working frequently with my cowriter to establish world lore, history, cultures, species, geography, etc. And I already have an artist willing to help me make the espers. I have a whole list of planned species, with names. They just need to have their details ironed out. And more will be regularly added as I come up with them.

As for this current story, it will pretty much be on hold, indefinitely. It will remain here, since people seem to still be interested in reading it. But just know it probably won't be finished in its current state. Fortunately, most of what happens in it will be brought to the original series, with modifications to detach from the Pokemon lore. As for the first game of the new series, it will be based around Lucas and a new character set in Terra, and will establish the new world and new species. This is to be the introductory game, with the second game establishing the Dusk Realm, where Vincent goes to take on the Temporal Task. Both these games will involve parts of this story. Vincent will remain a major character. But the focus, at least early on, will be shifted to Lucas and the new character, and building this world. While the second game will revolve around Melissa and Silva early on, to build the Dusk Realm.

A note directly from my cowriter to you guys on this subject:
As someone who reads a lot of fanfiction, a lot of it good, but rarely ever finished, I fully understand and empathize with your disappointment that TMoT will probably never be finished. But at least it's not fully dead. We'll finish this. Eventually. It's not dead. It won't be dead like so many others. But it will take time.
I realize plenty of fanfiction writers say this, and then disappear for good. We won't do that. It could take us years, but we've invested far too much time and effort into this universe to abandon it now. You will eventually see results, either in the form of a game, or a written story, whichever we make first. Changing to a fully original universe requires us to build a whole new setting around our stories. While a lot of the groundwork has already been laid out, we need time to plan. Revised history and geography for the new worlds, new background events, in-universe politics, technological development and fantasy elements such as magic, revised narrative themes and plotlines for stories based more heavily on Pokemon, and numerous other things I can't name off the top of my head. We take immersion and details in our lore quite seriously and plan to take our time, and do it right.

There is a lot of work to do in the future. And I'm hoping once tax returns come in (hopefully in a couple days) and I can get parts of my computer fixed, since it's starting to die, I can more heavily work on this and really kick things off. So look forward to that. And so long as you keep in touch with these posts, I'll keep in touch with you guys and keep you informed with the progress. Once I have enough put together to make a substantial post, I will start a new thread in another category, I'll link it here, and I'll see you guys over there.

Till then! Later.

Last edited:
Back