• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Melodious Nocturne - A Demyx Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
A Demyx Story

Just a simple fanfic about Demyx's days in the org, and all the relationships that happened while he was there. It'll be mostly a comedy, with some intense action and romance sprinkled in. Enjoy!!

Chapter 1: Born For a Short Time

"Where am I?" Demyx thought to himself, as he looked at the neon lights surrounding him. He looked down at the black coat he awakened in, and stared at its double zipper with obvious disappointment, "What a tacky getup..." He continued on through the never ending, cold-aired city, its skyscrapers cast a dim shadow against the neon-lit sky. His chest felt empty, he felt as though he didn’t exist, he wondered who he was. His boots splashed a puddle, and he immediately got down on his knees and stared at his reflection, amazed. “I’m still me! Just as smexy as always!” he yelped while winking at himself in the puddle. His moment of vanity was shattered by a hot breeze against his cheek; he looked to see where it was coming from, and saw a man in a black cloak like his own.

The man took down his hood, and his flamboyant, fire red hair sprung out from his head. He stared at Demyx through his emerald eyes, and smiled with a light, devious grin. “So, you’re the new Nobody Xemnas was talking about.” Axel said slyly. “Nobody!?” gasped Demyx, “I’ll have you know I’m quite an accomplished musician, it’s very rude to call a stranger a nobody.” Axel groaned and lightly shook his head, “No, When someone with a strong heart becomes a Heartless, the leftover body and soul become a Nobody, Got it memorized?” Axel explained to him. Demyx stared blankly at a drop of water he was manipulating with his new powers. “HEY! Are you listening to me!” Axel shrieked, a few small embers raising around him. Demyx snapped out of his day dream, and rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed; “Oh sorry, I guess I kinda spaced out there for a second” he said, and followed with an vapid laugh. Demyx looked at Axel and cocked his head curiously, “So why are we wearing the same threads, Red?”

Axel smiled deviously, “My name is Axel, the Flurry of Dancing Flames, And I’m hear to recruit you into the Organization, Got it?” Axel swung his head down and a rush of energy pulsed down his arms, whirling into the flames around him; forming two burning chakrams in his hand. Axel looked up at Demyx, anxious to fight this new Nobody.

“I’m not much of a fighter” Demyx shrugged. “Oh Really?” asked Axel blankly, throwing an emblazed chakram at Demyx without a second thought. Demyx let out a shriek and jumped out the chakram’s path. Demyx looked at Axel with surprisingly intense eyes, “Hey, that wasn’t very nice!” Demyx got to his feet. Axel caught his thrown chakram, and looked at Demyx unconcernedly, “I should’ve guessed an airhead like you wouldn’t know how to fight.” Demyx shook his finger at Axel, a smirk now accompanying his intense eyes, “You shouldn't judge a book by it’s cover, Red.” Demyx flung his hand skyward, sending the water from the puddle whirling upward, materializing into a gorgeous, ocean blue sitar. Demyx swung it down into a playing position, and gawked at it, his eyes sparkling like a kid opening a birthday present, “Bitchin’! It’s beeeoootiful! I guess being one of these ‘Nobodies’ has some neat fringe benefits, huh?”

Axel looked at Demyx, confused and amazed, spinning a chakram around on his finger, “Let’s get started then, shall we?” Demyx shot a cocky, cheery smile back at Axel, “Let’s.” Demyx played his sitar expertly, firing off small blasts of water at Axel. Axel threw a flaming chakram at Demyx, who hit a low note on the sitar, sending up a rush of water to block the chakram. The water whirled around Demyx, “dance water, dance!” he commanded, rushing at Axel, enveloped in water. He knocked Axel, back, enraging Axel even further. “BURN!” cried Axel, sending a large blast of fire at Demyx. Demyx wrapped water around the base of his sitar, and hit the fireball, turning it to mere wisps of steam. Demyx playfully stuck out his tongue, and rushed at Axel, hitting him with water and the end of his sitar. “Come on, kick to the beat!” Demyx said lightly before knocking Axel away with a rush of water.

“Not much of a fighter?” said Axel, breathing heavily and hunched over. “Yeah, guess I sorta lied” chuckled Demyx. Axel stared at him wide-eyed, “What is wrong with you!? Are you crazy or something!?” growled Axel. Demyx scratched the side of his head, and tapped his finger on his lower lip, in thought. “I’m crazy? You’re the one with the weird hair, Red.” Said Demyx; pointing blankly at Axel. Axel’s jaw dropped, “my hair’s weird? Look at yours!!” Axel shouted in a comical rage. Demyx pulled on a chunk of hair, “My hair’s not too bad, I think it’s kinda hot” he smiled. “But about yours…why don’t we wash it” Demyx said to Axel, gripping his sitar. Axel, his chakrams swirling with fire, leaped at Demyx and spun around, attacking with a tornado of fire. Demyx took the hit, but immediately struck back with a flurry of quick hits, knocking Axel onto the ground. Axel slowly got up, “You pass” Axel told him. Axel flung open an ominous, black portal, and pulled Demyx into it with him. When Axel and Demyx stepped out of the portal, they were in a room in a large, hi-tech castle, surrounded by darkness.

Another Nobody was already in the room, He had a jagged face with a deep scar on his left cheek, his right eye was covered by a patch, and his graying hair pulled tightly back into a ponytail. “So this is the new dude, huh?” asked the older man. “Do I have to fight you too? whined Demyx. The man shook his head, “Fight me? As if” he scoffed, “You’re done with that examination crap.” The old man began to walk out of the room, but turned to Demyx promptly. “Xigbar, The Freeshooter” he told Demyx. Demyx thought to himself for a second. “Demyx… The Melodious Nocturne” said Demyx, smiling widely, giving the thumbs up to himself.

Last edited:

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
I'll write more tonight, but it doesnt seem like a lot of people are even reading it, so i might not bother. i think i'll just start a new fic that stars all of the org members, but with a focus on Laryx.

Lucinda

Please write more! I love this, you got the charechters personalitys perfect. Demyx is so amusing. :D I wanna read more! ^-^

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I'm an Axel fan... and didn't Axel seem a LOT stronger than Demyx in the game?

Anyway, I really like this and I hope you continue! It really lightened up my day!

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
mmkays.

Here's the next installment, it's not too great IMO, but it gets the introductions over and all that crap. xP
Enjoy!

Chapter 2: Running Thoughts

Axel led Demyx into a large room that was lit by the pale light of a heart-shaped moon.
Demyx’s attention was drawn immediately to three more members of the Organization. He focused on the smallest one, who had a large a large presence of invisible darkness surrounding him. The large, muscular member behind the short one spoke bluntly upon seeing Demyx, “Oh god, he’s even scrawnier than Axel! Aren’t we ever gonna get someone useful around here?” He took down his hood, and glared at Demyx, his dark eyes tucked under his heavy brow. “Scrawny?” remarked Demyx, “I’m not scrawny, I just have a slender figure” he continued, while running his hands across his hips. The short member spoke up, “Not only that Lexaeus, I see he’s quite immature as well” he said in a monotonous voice, “And he seems to have the attention span of a child.” Demyx looked at the small member with puppy dog eyes, “You guys aren’t very nice, shouldn’t we all get along as long as we’re all members of this Organi-whositz.” The small member took down his hood, and his messy, silver hair swung across his right eye, his cold eyes looked away from Demyx, acknowledging him with little more than a ‘Hmph.’

A tall, hunched member with long, blonde hair studied Demyx quietly, “We may all be members, but that doesn’t mean we can’t treat you like the idiot that you are” he informed. Demyx hung his head in shame, “Idiot? Oh man, I’m here15 minutes and I’ve already got a bad rep.”

Xigbar walked into the room, and patted Demyx on the shoulder. “You guys are being a little hard on the kid, don’tcha think?” Another tall, hooded man teleported into the area, “Zexion and Vexen do have a point, if he’s not all that bright and can’t put up a fight,” he said in a husky, british voice, “he won’t be of much use to us, now will he?” Axel almost choked on the words in his mouth, but let them carefully roll off his tongue, “Actually Xaldin, he’s not too bad of a fighter.” Demyx snickered “Too bad? I totally owned your ass back there!” Xaldin lowered his hood slowly, “He beat Axel on his examination? Perhaps he’s not the rookie we thought of him” Xaldin said with a slight smile. Demyx’s face twisted into a state of curious confusion looking at Xaldin’s odd appearence, “Whoa, and I thought your hair was weird, Red.” Demyx rested his hand on his chin and cocked his head slightly, “Although I am kinda diggin’ the furry sideburns.” Xaldin shook his head in disappointment, “Or perhaps he is just an idiot” Xaldin muttered.

The moonlight suddenly grew brighter, a long shadow cast itself in Demyx’s direction. The shadow belonged to another Nobody, whose figure was blurred by the harsh moonlight. He pointed at Demyx, “How does it feel to be non-existant?” he asked in a calm, poised manner. Saix pulled down his hood, and flipped his long blue hair out from inside his coat. Demyx seems to back up a bit, due to a mix of fear and respect, “Are you, like, our leader or something?” Demyx questioned. “Our Leader? As if.” Xigbar exclaimed, “Although sometimes this dude goes and prances around like he is in charge” he continued. Demyx bit his fingertip in scattered thought, “Oh that’s right. Our leader must be that guy Red mentioned earlier” he thought aloud, “Zinmass!” Axel elbowed Demyx, “It’s Xemnas, got it memorized?” he half-whispered. Demyx’s face lit up, like a lightbulb had just exploded in his head, “right right! So this Xemnas must be the top dog around here, huh?” A chill diffused through the the already stale air, “You catch on quick” echoed a slow, gravelly voice.

A portal brimming with thick darkness opened up on a high ledge in the room, and a man stepped out with a prideful walk He turned his head to Demyx, his stringy, silver bangs swaying his his every movement. . “I am your Superior, Xemnas. We in the Organization seek to uncover the mysteries of the heart, and to become whole beings once again, is that understood?” Demyx nodded back absent mindedly.

“So, are there any other guys I should meet?” Demyx asked. “Nope, we’re all here, buddy” Xigbar replied. Demyx's shoulders sunk and his eyes went sad, “All here? So this is all of us….and we’re….all guys.” Demyx fell to his knees, “This place is a sausage-fest!!” he moaned loudly.

Last edited:

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
Knbrix said:
I mean Axel doesn't say,"Got it?", or,"Got it memorized?",
you obviously havent played KH2 very much, he says it about 10 seperate times throughout the game. Which is a lot considering he appear about 4 times....XD

Last edited:

dejah

:|
:O

what' wrong with SAUSAGE FEST?

deej: HURRAH!!!

xD

make it an axel/demyx and i'll love you forever. with interest. xD

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
sorry, no yaoi pairings in this thread (well, maybe a small side-story XD) but its mostly gonna end up focusing on Demyx x Larxene, which is actually canon in the jap version of KH2.

But when i do my Axel story next, there will be plently of Roxel for all you ladies.

EDIT: I'll have nice, long chapter for you guys tonight, and it'll introduce some very important plot points.

Last edited:

dejah

I WANT MY YAOI. xD

hurrah for roxel!!

although it does seem rather chan. o_O

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
Did you just say Roxel Cloudy? You've caught my attention.
I really like how you made Demyx so..so smart alecky? lol.
It's very good so far, keep them coming.
I think Larmyx is a good combination. YAY!

Also, the Org. was more focused on in the jap. version of KH2 I'm guessing. This dissapoints me.

dejah

their hairstyles match at least. xD

but ROXEL i want ROXEL~ sob.

hmm.

maybe next time round you'll make it a demyxel?

you know what i love about the org names?

they're so easy to join because of the "x" xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back